Windows 10: my home-wifi connection is insecure according to my cell phone

Discus and support my home-wifi connection is insecure according to my cell phone in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have a new cell phone (Samsung A8) and it considers my wifi connection public, therfore not secure. As far as I know, my wifi is private, only... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by El_Ziggy, Aug 12, 2018.

1. El_Ziggy Win User

my home-wifi connection is insecure according to my cell phone

Hi,

I have a new cell phone (Samsung A8) and it considers my wifi connection public, therfore not secure. As far as I know, my wifi is private, only my sister in my neighborhood, my wife and I use it.

My modem is D-link DCM-704

What can be the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!

:)

El_Ziggy, Aug 12, 2018

2. How to not use cell data when wifi and/or ethernet is connected?

I thought that this question is silly. I've never had to worry about my smart phone using my cell data when wifi is clearly connected. This seems not to be the case on win 10. The moment I connect cell modem, it starts sending data as fast as its 3G speed can do. All I wanted to do is to check any SMS on it. I know there's metered connection for wifi but why not for cell? Any solution to always rank cell low when win wants internet so much?*Mad

asusx205ta, Aug 12, 2018
  3. twilyth Win User
    Blocking Cell Phone Numbers

Here's one way to get around the problem. It's kludgy but it should work.

Get a VOIP based phone service or a magic jack. For 24/7 access, you're better off with VOIP that uses an ethernet adapter, but that's up to the user.

The important point is to find one that lets you create your own "black list" of callers. Usually they will have both black and white list options and these are usually a subcategory under the "do not disturb" or similar feature.

The provider will usually let you create a second number for $5-10 per month. You'll use this for your cell phone number. If it is ever compromised, you can change it easily without affecting the base number.

Forward the second number to your cell phone and give everyone that one as your "cell phone" number. There will be a delay of a few seconds as calls get routed, but who cares. It's not like any of us is on Obama's speed dial right?

Now when you get assholes calling you, just add them to the black list.

You can also block calls w/o caller id this way if your cell phone co. doesn't already do that for you.

twilyth, Aug 12, 2018
  4. my home-wifi connection is insecure according to my cell phone

California to Ban Cell Phones/Laptops/Mobile Devices on Road

Ive almost been hit 100 times by folks talking on their damn cell phones and not paying attention. About time someone stepped up and did something.

WarEagleAU, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

my home-wifi connection is insecure according to my cell phone

1. my home-wifi connection is insecure according to my cell phone - Similar Threads - home wifi connection

2. Cell phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cell phone: I’m trying to Change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number But have have all the info it needs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cell-phone/67a833de-74e1-4e7a-a605-51d7199ba0df
  3. My laptop stopped connecting to my home Wifi but my phone still connects with no issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop stopped connecting to my home Wifi but my phone still connects with no issue.: One day I came home to the massage on my laptop "connected with no internet." I proceeded to restart my computer which didn't work then I forgot the network and tried to reconnect but it kept telling me "can not connect to this network." I've since disconnected from the wifi...
  4. My laptop stopped connecting to my home Wifi but my phone still connects with no issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop stopped connecting to my home Wifi but my phone still connects with no issue.: One day I came home to the massage on my laptop "connected with no internet." I proceeded to restart my computer which didn't work then I forgot the network and tried to reconnect but it kept telling me "can not connect to this network." I've since disconnected from the wifi...
  5. My laptop stopped connecting to my home Wifi but my phone still connects with no issue.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Trouble connecting to Hotspot on cell phone

Trouble connecting to Hotspot on cell phone: Using Windows 10 on a moderately slow Wi-Fi connection so I often use the Hotspot to connect to the Internet. Sometimes it logs on right away, but often times, like this morning, the Hotspot doesn't show up when I open Network & Internet. I disconnect from the Wi-Fi...
  7. Laptop doesn't see home wifi but cell phone does

Laptop doesn't see home wifi but cell phone does: My home wifi domain will not show up on either my laptop nor my PC yet, I can see and connect to it on both my cell phones or my chrome cast but not anything else. I see a list of all other available wifi's throughout my building but, can not see my own personal domain name....
  8. Mail APP insecure according to Yahoo

in Browsers and Email
    Mail APP insecure according to Yahoo: I was setting up my Yahoo account in the Windows Mail App. I received this from Yahoo: [img] Hi Rich, Someone attempted to sign in to your Yahoo account (xxxxxxxx) from an app that doesn't meet Yahoo's security standards. We blocked this sign in attempt, which...
  9. Cell phone USB connection issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cell phone USB connection issues: Hello everyone. As the title says, I'm having problems with USB connection issues between my Samsung Galaxy S4 cell phone and my Acer laptop. My phone is running Android 5 and my laptop Windows 10. When I connect my phone to my laptop, it often will connect and disconnect...
  10. My computer doesn't recognize my cell phone that's connected with USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer doesn't recognize my cell phone that's connected with USB: Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to read this. I must first apologize in advance if any of you think this is a computer problem rather than a Windows 10 problem. What I do know is that before I upgraded to Windows 10, there was always a box under (what is now)...