Windows 10: My "hosts" file was gone again

Discus and support My "hosts" file was gone again in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, My "hosts" file were gone for the second time after i re-created it weeks ago. Why is that happen? was it why i got ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by evildog1, May 31, 2016.

1. evildog1 Win User

My "hosts" file was gone again

Hello,

My "hosts" file were gone for the second time after i re-created it weeks ago. Why is that happen? was it why i got ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED often?

I'm not the only one that have this problem because other peoples have the same problem on Win 7 and Win 8

:)

evildog1, May 31, 2016

2. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, May 31, 2016
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

i contacted nokia who replied :

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

I appreciate your feedback. However, at the moment the Nokia Software Updater does not support Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070.

In response to your email, there are no issues with Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070. Please take both phones to your nearest Nokia Care Point. The technicians will assess if a repair is required and advise if this may be covered under the warranty.

went to carphone warehouse & explained the problem,

the lady i dealt with told me that this IS a problem she has seen over & over again.

because the phone was still within the 14day period they exchanged it for a different handset [for which i needed to fork out another load of £££'s. guess i should've spent more in the first place!!]

i asked what they will do with my returned phone,

she said it'll be added to the collection of them which need to send back to nokia.

perhaps nokia are in denial cause they havent had the stores returns yet?

anyway,

i hope everyone else will be fortunate enough to get a replacement.

kareldevelop, May 31, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

When you edit your hosts file you have to make sure it is saved with no extension, If you use notepad to edit your hosts file by default it will save it as hosts.txt .

To stop this behaviour you must either select the drop down and save as all files or put quotation marks around the name of the file.
    EG:
    Code: "hosts"[/quote] Also some Virus scanner/Malware scanners will lock your hosts file, You may have to look up their settings to stop it.

I usually use a program called HostsMan ( It's free ) to take care of my hosts file
    I also use a program called HostsServer ( It's free ) to speed up the hosts file if you modify it heavily.

Also you should disable DNS client in services.msc if you want to add sites to your hosts file.

sml156, Jun 1, 2016
  5. evildog1 Win User
    Thanks for your reply

I have re-created the "hosts" file again and it seems it solved ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED

Code: 127.0.0.1 localhost ::1 localhost[/quote]

evildog1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My "hosts" file was gone again - Similar Threads - hosts file was

2. sounds gone again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sounds gone again: DTS update has stopped sound again why doe's your didital audio device not work and why is it impossible to change it back to my TV via my hdmi cable,, is it because you are trying to force everyone into using the new DTS sound app. my pc has no sound now since the last ****...
  3. sounds gone again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sounds gone again: DTS update has stopped sound again why doe's your didital audio device not work and why is it impossible to change it back to my TV via my hdmi cable,, is it because you are trying to force everyone into using the new DTS sound app. my pc has no sound now since the last ****...
  4. sounds gone again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hosts file gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hosts file gone: I've accidentally deleted my hosts folder in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and now i need it back, is there any way to recover all the files without a factory reset?...
  6. Hosts file gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hosts file gone: I've accidentally deleted my hosts folder in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and now i need it back, is there any way to recover all the files without a factory reset?...
  7. Hosts file gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. hosts folder gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hosts folder gone: I've accidentally deleted my hosts folder in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and now i need it back, is there any way to recover all the files without a factory reset?...
  9. WMI Provider Host AGAIN!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMI Provider Host AGAIN!: Hi, Like a lot of people, I'm having trouble with WMI Provider Host using lots of resources and power which consequently leads to overheating and a subsequent shut down of the laptop running Windows 10. Has anyone been able to rectify this? I tried following the most recent...
  10. MY **** FILES ARE GONE`

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MY **** FILES ARE GONE`: WHY THE **** DID A UPDATE DELETE ALL MY **** FILES! WHAT THE ****? THERE WERE SO MANY IMPORTANT FILES ON THE COMPUTER AND WINDOWS 10 JUST **** WIPED EVERYTHING. HOW THE **** DO I GET IT BACK...