Windows 10: MY HP Pavillion dv6 doesn't starts after updating to Windows 10

Discus and support MY HP Pavillion dv6 doesn't starts after updating to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; MY HP Pavillion dv6 doesn't starts after updating to Windows 10. It continously says restarting and never restarts... Any solutions? 60985 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by raghu2478, Aug 20, 2016.

1. raghu2478 Win User

MY HP Pavillion dv6 doesn't starts after updating to Windows 10

MY HP Pavillion dv6 doesn't starts after updating to Windows 10. It continously says restarting and never restarts... Any solutions?

:)

raghu2478, Aug 20, 2016

2. Beats Audio is gone after Windows 10 update

how do I get Beats audio back on my HP Pavillion Dv6 notebook after Windows 10 completely removed it?

Johnny evans, Aug 20, 2016
  3. Wireless connection problems in Windows 10.

After upgrading to windows 10 my pc doesn't recognize the wireless card in it. When I restart my laptop it works fine but when i put it into sleep or hibernate and then resume it, it again doesn't recognize the wireless card/ adapter. This problem was resolved
    after some updates few weeks ago but now again it has the same problem.

my laptop is

hp pavillion dv6 notebook pc.

KumarAadarsh, Aug 20, 2016
  4. raghu2478 Win User

MY HP Pavillion dv6 doesn't starts after updating to Windows 10. It continously says restarting and never restarts... Any solutions?

raghu2478, Aug 20, 2016
  5. raghu2478 Win User
    Why in the world does it force upgrade the OS if we are not interested...

raghu2478, Aug 20, 2016
  6. Try this

Press and hold the power button until the machine shuts down

Disconnect all external devices (printers, usb drives, everything)

The lcd and touchpad are all that you want

Now, power up the machine

Slartybart, Aug 20, 2016
  7. raghu2478 Win User
    The system just shuts down.... if i try to power up the laptop keeps on re starting...

raghu2478, Aug 20, 2016
  8. MY HP Pavillion dv6 doesn't starts after updating to Windows 10

If you're talking about the HP DV6 laptop, I had to "upgrade" mine by doing a clean-install from Win10 media. None of the regular "upgrade" options would work.

So, if you did an in-place "upgrade" to Win10, you might have to do a clean-install with new Win10 install media.

Mark Phelps, Aug 20, 2016
  9. My dv6 also went into the loop, a cold restart booted back up and the upgrade finished normally.

Your advice is sound ... backup personal data

A Macrium Rescue disc can do that
    Creating rescue media - KnowledgeBase - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase
    Creating a backup image of your computer, drive or partitions - KnowledgeBase - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

Read through this tutorial to understand the process - pay attention to the tips, info, note, and warn boxes

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums
    Ask questions if anything is not clear to you.

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. MY HP Pavillion dv6 doesn't starts after updating to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Pavillion dv6 doesn't

2. New HP Pavillion start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New HP Pavillion start up: HiI have a new HP Pavillion which has been set up with a log in. I now log in by selecting the user and just get a white box which doesnt load up saying microsoft account, and the laptop freezes. I click the x in the corner and it just returns to the user select screen. How...
  3. New HP Pavillion start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New HP Pavillion start up: HiI have a new HP Pavillion which has been set up with a log in. I now log in by selecting the user and just get a white box which doesnt load up saying microsoft account, and the laptop freezes. I click the x in the corner and it just returns to the user select screen. How...
  4. HP Pavillion Windows 10 Update Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Pavillion Windows 10 Update Problem: So I've been needing to update my laptop for a while now and now that I'm finally trying to do it, I'm having a problem. Im trying to update to "Windows 10, version 20H2." while I already have an older version of Windows 10.It says it can't update because "HP Pavilion...
  5. HP Pavillion failing to start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Pavillion failing to start up: When I turn on my HP Pavillion pc , it tries to start normally but then gets into a loop and tells me that there is a problem and gives the words 'PNP fatal error' and collects data , switches off to restart then goes through the same routine. I have done a system...
  6. Best version of Windows 10 for HP Pavillion dv6.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best version of Windows 10 for HP Pavillion dv6.: I have an older pc which my mom currently uses. The model is HP Pavillion dv6 with 4 GB RAM and HDD. It currently runs windows 10 version 1903 and the apps that is used on the laptop is google drive sync, skype, zoom, ms office, Microsoft whiteboard, whatsapp, wechat and...
  7. Windows 10 Compatibility for HP DV6?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Compatibility for HP DV6?: Windows 10 Compatibility for HP DV6? ========================================== Thanks for replies to my postings. My HP Pavillion dv6-2066dx AMD processor came with OEM installed Win 7 and AMD processor. As Microsoft stopped Win 7 updates, I am thinking of getting to win...
  8. HP pavillion dv6 - Radeon 5000 series indicate error 43.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP pavillion dv6 - Radeon 5000 series indicate error 43.: I have tried updating Mobility radeon dv6 MD5000 series, system indicates original is already installed indicates error 43. there does not appear to be any other driver available...
  9. Fingerprint Reader - HP DV6 - Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Reader - HP DV6 - Windows 10: I recently had my laptop fixed (I did something dumb and needed to have a factory reset). I connected my hotmail account to my laptop sign in account and I wanted to set up the fingerprint reader as an option to sign into my laptop... however I cannot for the life of me...
  10. HP Pavillion laptop keyboard glitchy after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Pavillion laptop keyboard glitchy after windows 10 update: Having horrible keyboard issues with built in keyboard on laptop [HP]. Shift key does not work for any metacharacters [above numbers] can't type an email address, etc. Logitech mouse acting very sketchy after update as well. I can't even use questionmark as that shift...