Windows 10: My internal secondary HDD is still going to sleep

Discus and support My internal secondary HDD is still going to sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It's a brand new installation of Windows 10, the updates are run and applied. I went into the power settings in the control panel and told it to not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Quantos, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Quantos Win User

My internal secondary HDD is still going to sleep

It's a brand new installation of Windows 10, the updates are run and applied.
    I went into the power settings in the control panel and told it to not let anything go to sleep
    My secondary HDD is still going to sleep however. It's a Seagate 500GB on SATA 1

:)

Quantos, Aug 11, 2017
  2. SuperDre Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary update still freezes

Even with the latest updates, Windows 10 anniversary update still freezes (mostly it seems to get stuck somewhere during the night when I'm sleeping). I had the anniversary update installed pretty much after it was released, and it's kept up to date. But
    it seems the last 'fix' for fixing this problem did not fix it.. Main windows disk is SSD, and I do have a secondary internal HDD drive..

SuperDre, Aug 11, 2017
  3. Windows search service is not working. Please HELP!!!!

Do you have any external or secondary internal HDD/SSD's connected or installed?

RichardEiler, Aug 11, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Hy Quantos, find exact model number of that HDD and check on Seagate site for its options. Some HDDs, mostly ones labeled as "Green" have own power saving modes which OS can't regulate. There may be a program from Seagate (Seatools) that can turn that off and on.

CountMike, Aug 11, 2017
  5. Quantos Win User
    I sorted it, thanks anyway for the reply. It was a problem in the BIOS I think

Quantos, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My internal secondary HDD is still going to sleep - Similar Threads - internal secondary HDD

2. Set internal secondary HDD as a removable drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set internal secondary HDD as a removable drive: Hi, I want the secondary HDD in my laptop to be recognised as removable. This way I hope that the drive can automatically spin down without ever being spun up for no apparent reason by the OS, if set to something like quick removal which should disable write caching on the...
  3. Secondary HDD repeated spin-up/down when going to sleep and shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Secondary HDD repeated spin-up/down when going to sleep and shutdown: Hi everyone, I have a dell laptop with primary os SSD nvme and secondary data HDD sata. In the bios, the sata HDD is set as RAID on; the other option is AHCI. nothing changes if the secondary HDD has the paging file enabled or disabled. I clean installed windows 10 when I...
  4. Secondary HDD repeated spin-up/down when going to sleep and shutdown

Secondary HDD repeated spin-up/down when going to sleep and shutdown: Hi everyone, I have a dell laptop with primary os SSD nvme and secondary data HDD sata. In the bios, the sata HDD is set as RAID on; the other option is AHCI. nothing changes if the secondary HDD has the paging file enabled or disabled. I clean installed windows 10 when I...
  5. Secondary HDD repeated spin-up/down when going to sleep and shutdown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Secondary HDD repeated spin-up/down when going to sleep and shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How to make secondary HDD go to sleep in modern standby

How to make secondary HDD go to sleep in modern standby: Windows 2004 removed the ability to use S3 instead of S0 low power idle. My pc dell g5 5590 has a primary nvme SSD os and a secondary sata HDD data configured to "raid on" on the bios ahci option is available. When it goes to sleep the HDD keeps spinning, which I don't like,...
  8. How to make secondary HDD go to sleep in modern standby

How to make secondary HDD go to sleep in modern standby: Windows 2004 removed the ability to use S3 instead of S0 low power idle. My pc dell g5 5590 has a primary nvme SSD os and a secondary sata HDD data configured to "raid on" on the bios acpi option is available. When it goes to sleep the HDD keeps spinning, which I don't like,...
  9. Secondary HDD Possibly Sleeping?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary HDD Possibly Sleeping?: Hello, I have recently did a restore on the comp (cleaning the craps) and I can't remember how I fixed it before...but I'd like it so that Windows 10 doesn't put my secondary HDD asleep. I actually have programs on there I access and I've noticed a delay on launching...
  10. HDD won't go to sleep

HDD won't go to sleep: I have recently upgraded from Win 8.1 Pro x64 to Win 10 Pro x64 and I am experiencing a weird problem. My HDD setup is as follows: Samsung EVO 250GB M2 SSD - OS and apps Crucial MX100 512GB SATA SSD - Games Seagate ST2000 2TB SATA HDD - Media After configuring Windows...