Windows 10: My Internet is abnormally slow and its the computer's fault

Discus and support My Internet is abnormally slow and its the computer's fault in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; -------------------// English is not my first language. Hi, I recently acquired a HP laptop with windows 10 but the internet become pretty slow. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VictorMello, May 3, 2016.

1. My Internet is abnormally slow and its the computer's fault

-------------------// English is not my first language.

Hi, I recently acquired a HP laptop with windows 10 but the internet become pretty slow. It was not like that before, it just started to deteriorate. I made some updates and changes some stuff, and it might have been the cause.

I rolled back some network drivers to see if anything would happen, it got worse. So I re-updated.
    I scanned for infections whit Anti-malware, it found some stuff but the computer still terrible. If not, worse.
    I myself download a lot of stuff, gigabytes and gigabytes, because I needed to install my games all over again. But here is the interesting part:

There are two computers exactly the same as this one in my house, other two machines, and the cellphones operating at the same time, and none of them have a slow internet. They all get 60 or 50 mega, while I get 2 or 3 mega.
    It was fast when I got it, but now it takes time to load google.

Opera, firefox, IE, etc... all of them slow.
    When qBittorrent is on, it gets slower. Without it, it still is slow. But not sooo much.
    ----------------------------//
    While writing this, I proved that the problem is the WiFi. The cable gives me high velocity internet.
    Other computers inside my room have higher speed.
    The problem is in my machine.
    ----------------------------//

The troubleshooting says everything is okay. The HP software center says everything is okay. I don't want to send this computer back because it took time to put everything into it. Please, I need help.

-------------

:)

VictorMello, May 3, 2016

2. My grandma is sad and it's Windows fault

We have a family computer that updated itself to Windows 10. Literally the only person who uses this computer is my 94 year old grandmother. She likes to play solitaire on it. Since your unwanted update was forced upon us, she has been unable to play the
    solitaire she likes. She's tried the new solitaire in your Microsoft games collection or whatever and it's not the same. Additionally, we are unable to make an icon of it for her to easily gain access to the game. This is a person who was born in the 1920's,
    she has no use for all of your stupid apps, she just wants to play solitaire.

I found your classic solitaire app and had to sign up for a Microsoft account (even though I myself use a Mac because of **** like this) and have been unable to download said app. I click on the 'get app' button, a grey screen comes up and nothing happens.
    I can't get the stupid app so my 94 year old grandma can enjoy her **** solitaire game. . Why is your new operating system so much more difficult to navigate? My 94 year old grandmother did just fine before, and now you've made it inaccessible to her. I feel
    that is the opposite of what a company should do. I don't really have a question, I just needed a place to rage a little because this is ridiculous

SadGrandma, May 3, 2016
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    My PC runs abnormally slow after (KB3156421) and (KB3152599) updates

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Glad to know that you were able to resolve the issue on your own. We appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the issue. Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future. We'll be more than happy to assist
    you again.

Pavan_N, May 3, 2016
Thema:

My Internet is abnormally slow and its the computer's fault

1. My Internet is abnormally slow and its the computer's fault - Similar Threads - Internet abnormally slow

2. Computer Internet slow ONLY on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Internet slow ONLY on my computer: Hi I recently posted a similar question only with the mouse pointer still moving while the computer hangs, not highlighting on icons. I did a clean install and it fixed the problem and the internet was fast again.I have 50mbps fiber, and I tested it on youtube and it worked...
  3. Computer Internet slow ONLY on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Internet slow ONLY on my computer: Hi I recently posted a similar question only with the mouse pointer still moving while the computer hangs, not highlighting on icons. I did a clean install and it fixed the problem and the internet was fast again.I have 50mbps fiber, and I tested it on youtube and it worked...
  4. Computer Internet slow ONLY on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. my pc has become abnormally slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my pc has become abnormally slow: Hi, i have this problem for about 3 weeks, i tried to do many things about it including pc recovery, virus scan and so on. Starting with the assumption that however I have a rather old pc dell precision m4700 it seems strange to me to have undergone such a drastic change from...
  6. Computer and Internet slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer and Internet slow: Need HELPComputer is running Really slowI booted a new version of windows and now everything is sloweven the internetwhen googling it says i must cinnect to the inteneti had a ransom virus while back and that is why i have a new clean boot...
  7. Computer and Internet slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer and Internet slow: Need HELPComputer is running Really slowI booted a new version of windows and now everything is sloweven the internetwhen googling it says i must cinnect to the inteneti had a ransom virus while back and that is why i have a new clean boot...
  8. Computer and Internet slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Slow internet and slow computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow internet and slow computer: Hey everyone. My internet and my computer have started being slow recently(especially my internet). I have tried everything but nothing seems to work. What can I do? Thanks. submitted by /u/anihamud444 [link] [comments]...
  10. My internet randomly reconnects and my ISP says its window's fault

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My internet randomly reconnects and my ISP says its window's fault: I have windows 10 (just updated to 1809, because I was having the same issue with the 1803 version). and whenever I'm playing or watching streams my internet randomly disconnects for about 2 seconds and comes back. I've already tried to reinstall the drivers, disable the...