Windows 10: My internet suddenly became very slow only on my computer

Discus and support My internet suddenly became very slow only on my computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; About 2 days ago, I was playing this game called "Counter-Strike:Global Offensive". One round left before the game ended for us, all of a sudden I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dvnnyy, Jul 12, 2016.

1. dvnnyy Win User

My internet suddenly became very slow only on my computer

About 2 days ago, I was playing this game called "Counter-Strike:Global Offensive". One round left before the game ended for us, all of a sudden I start to experience very high ping around 900+. I thought it was something small so I quickly exit the game and reconnected but the issue was still there.

From that day, I've been trying to figure out why my internet has been really slow. I tried a different game and apparently my ping was actually normal, so maybe I was getting DDoSed? So I actually took my dads newly built PC (built it myself, not a lot of programs installed onto it). I plugged the Ethernet cable in, DVI cable, mouse, keyboard, etc. It actually turns out that the internet is crazy fast using the same Ethernet cable, I installed "Steam", let it update and it was really fast, browsing on the web was great and just everything was smooth, so maybe my main computer had a problem??

I reinstalled windows 10 on my main PC, because maybe it could've been a virus and It was time to reinstall windows 10 anyways. I did a clean install, noticed some few problems in 'Device Manager' - I scanned for hardware changes, updated my network adapter and installed my NVIDIA drivers but there was this "PCI Simple Communications Controller" issue.

My internet suddenly became very slow only on my computer [​IMG]

Troubleshooting I have done:

1. Rebooted router & plugged cable into different ports
    2. Made sure everything was plugged in correctly
    2. Disabled/Enabled & Diagnosed Ethernet Adapter
    3. Did Clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    4. pinged google.com (result below, pretty sure it is bad)
    5. ipconfig /flushdns /release /renew
    6. netsh ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

My internet suddenly became very slow only on my computer [​IMG]

I have searched basically every thread on mostly every tech website, found no possible solutions. I am currently downloading Google Chrome which is taking about 3,7, or even 14 hours to download... *cry

Also for the past week, my electricity has been going out quite often (poor electricity company) and my computer would shut off unexpectedly, could it be a hardware issue making my internet really slow? As I stated above, using my dads newly built PC : using the same Ethernet cable, the internet was really fast & smooth but even with a clean install on my main computer - the problem still seems to be there.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
    Danny

:)

dvnnyy, Jul 12, 2016

2. Windows 10

Suddenly my start button stopped working. After rebooting my computer everything was fine but my PC became super slow. What can I do?

NirankushSarkar, Jul 12, 2016
  3. Windows 10 and Internet speed problems

I wrote to right place. Problem is with Windows 10, after latest update windows 10 became slow, long time loading internet websites, freezing it, stopping with internet explorer. Windows 10 working with flash files slow like speedtest which loading very
    poor. My internet connection is very good. On mobile smartphone speedtest showing perfect results as download about 60mbps, upload about 80mbps. On computer before update with windows 10 was almost both 100, after latest update I saw that on computer speed
    became slowest. It's your problem. Fix that. WINDOWS 10 is slow... Alll work doing slow. I have antivirs. I don't have virus. Fix that.

Tvrkykitewindows, Jul 12, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

sml156, Jul 12, 2016
  5. dvnnyy Win User
    dvnnyy, Jul 12, 2016
  6. sml156 Win User
    The newest windows update has some fixes Lan and WiFi problems hopefully that will fix your problem.

As for your internet I would call my ISP and tell them to check it.

sml156, Jul 12, 2016
  7. dvnnyy Win User
    Thanks for replying, but I don't think that's the problem, because If I were to install Windows 7, it would still have the same issue. Do you think its a hardware issue?

dvnnyy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My internet suddenly became very slow only on my computer - Similar Threads - internet suddenly became

2. Very slow internet access for one of my computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow internet access for one of my computers: My computer is running Windows 10 Pro but can't seem to get a stable access to the internet. Most times I get a "can't reach the internet" type of response after it times out. Other times it eventually connects.Pings within my network vary from 2ms to several thousand ms,...
  3. my computer is running very slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer is running very slow all of a sudden: Last week my laptop started to run very slow, to the point where i cant even open task manager to see whats happening, i checked for viruses but i had nothing, i deleted some of my games, and end some background processes but its still the same slow laptop. does anyone know a...
  4. my computer is running very slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer is running very slow all of a sudden: Last week my laptop started to run very slow, to the point where i cant even open task manager to see whats happening, i checked for viruses but i had nothing, i deleted some of my games, and end some background processes but its still the same slow laptop. does anyone know a...
  5. my computer is running very slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My computer became very slow after BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer became very slow after BSOD: Hi,I have a gaming laptop that could run apps and games on a high setting without encountering lag. However, ever since my laptop got a bsod it would run everything very slowly. Is there anyway it can be fixed?...
  7. My computer became very slow after BSOD

My computer became very slow after BSOD: Hi,I have a gaming laptop that could run apps and games on a high setting without encountering lag. However, ever since my laptop got a bsod it would run everything very slowly. Is there anyway it can be fixed?...
  8. Computer Internet slow ONLY on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Internet slow ONLY on my computer: Hi I recently posted a similar question only with the mouse pointer still moving while the computer hangs, not highlighting on icons. I did a clean install and it fixed the problem and the internet was fast again.I have 50mbps fiber, and I tested it on youtube and it worked...
  9. Computer Internet slow ONLY on my computer

Computer Internet slow ONLY on my computer: Hi I recently posted a similar question only with the mouse pointer still moving while the computer hangs, not highlighting on icons. I did a clean install and it fixed the problem and the internet was fast again.I have 50mbps fiber, and I tested it on youtube and it worked...
  10. Computer Internet slow ONLY on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing