Windows 10: My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...

Discus and support My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick that, when connected to my computer, prevents the screensaver from starting... Can this be fixed?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hoggorm, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Hoggorm Win User

My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...

Hi,

I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick that, when connected to my computer, prevents the screensaver from starting...

Can this be fixed?

:)

Hoggorm, Apr 4, 2018

2. screen saver

I unhooked my SideWinder Precision Pro Joystick from the computer and then behold, the screensaver worked. As the mentioned Joystick is a Microsoft product, surely if the joystick had no effect on the running of the screensaver in Windows 7, the same
    joystick should not have effected the running of the screensaver in Windows 10??

KeithSouth, Apr 4, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Screensaver not working

I set my screensaver for 1 minute and unplugged one USB device at a time (every minute) until the screensaver started working. Turns out my
    Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick is the culprit. As soon as this joystick is disconnected my screensaver works.

ChristineDuprea, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...

1. My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting... - Similar Threads - joystick prevents screensaver

2. Windows 11 Pro - USB Joysticks prevent displays from going into standby.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro - USB Joysticks prevent displays from going into standby.: When I have my USB joysticks TM HOTAS Warthog Stick and Throttle, TM Peddels connected to my system, my computer will not put the displays on standby after the allotted defined period of inactivity, it is completely ignoring the power settings. If I remove all of my flight...
  3. Windows 11 Pro - USB Joysticks prevent displays from going into standby.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro - USB Joysticks prevent displays from going into standby.: When I have my USB joysticks TM HOTAS Warthog Stick and Throttle, TM Peddels connected to my system, my computer will not put the displays on standby after the allotted defined period of inactivity, it is completely ignoring the power settings. If I remove all of my flight...
  4. USB device prevents windows from screensaver.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB device prevents windows from screensaver.: Hi guys, I have FIO Kunlun external USB DAC, and it prevents my screensavers to initialize. I have a lot of screens and it really hurts my electric bill :) can't think of a good solution... any ideas? *Turn off sound card is a bad idea, because it will mess software what is...
  5. Windows 10 2004 - USB Joystick prevents display from powering off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 2004 - USB Joystick prevents display from powering off: The problem described in THIS SITUATION has come back following Win10 ver 2004. To remind all, here is the text. Please note that this happens with various hardware, not just this joystick. When I have either of my USB joysticks connected to my system, the computer will...
  6. Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller and Joystick Controller Prevents Screensaver/Standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller and Joystick Controller Prevents Screensaver/Standby: I use a Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller & Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS joystick to play DCS World flight sim. As long as I have the Thrustmaster TWCS game Controllers connected to a USB port either USB2.0 or USB3.2gen1 my screensaver will not initialise and my monitors...
  7. No screensaver with joystick plugged in workround?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No screensaver with joystick plugged in workround?: I quickly found out the reason why the screensaver never activates on my factory new W10 PC is because I've got a very old and basic joystick plugged into it via a USB port. I was astonished to discover people have been complaining about this for years with apparently no...
  8. My screensaver doesn't start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My screensaver doesn't start: Yeah I looked at other forums, it didn't help at all, I've set my screensaver to play after 1 minute of idling, I reset my power plan thing through control panel, I checked for updates, the only idea I have is that my mouse sensor might be a bit stupid? Sometimes when my...
  9. My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...

in Windows 10 Support
    My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...: Hi, I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick that, when connected to my laptop, prevents the screensaver from starting... Can this be fixed? 107200
  10. Screensaver stops working - error preventing slideshow from playing

in Windows 10 Support
    Screensaver stops working - error preventing slideshow from playing: I have a specific folder in my pictures which I play screensaver slideshow from. My computer will play slideshow for a while (sometimes a few minutes, sometimes 10 minutes), then I get the following message: An error is preventing this slideshow from playing. I see that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb device stops screensaver

2. joystick prevents screensaver

3. joystick stops windows 10 screensaver 2018