Windows 10: my keyboard is putting in the wrong letters/inputs whenever i press a key

Discus and support my keyboard is putting in the wrong letters/inputs whenever i press a key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; like for example if press the letter I instead of "i" showing up it types in "i]=8", how do i fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by uplow, Feb 23, 2024.

1. uplow Win User

my keyboard is putting in the wrong letters/inputs whenever i press a key

like for example if press the letter I instead of "i" showing up it types in "i]=8", how do i fix this?

:)

uplow, Feb 23, 2024
  2. James Win User

Start Key on Keyboard not Working

No problems in the troubleshooter nor Input tab for dxdiag.
    I don’t believe it is anything physically wrong with the keyboard since every other key works fine. I tried removing the key cap, there was no dirt, so I tried pressing the key with no keycap on and it still didn’t work.

James, Feb 23, 2024
  3. at sign in my keyboard keys are typing the wrong letters

Hi Darrell,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

We would require some more information to assist you better:

• Are you facing issues while typing the password?
    • Have you clicked on the eye next to password field and checked?
    • As you've mentioned that keyboard keys are typing the wrong letters at sign in screen, kindly let us know how are you able to sign in to desktop? Have you used any external keyboard?
    You may try installing the keyboard drivers in compatibility mode and check for the issue status. Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website
      and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall.
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and reply with the information and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Feb 23, 2024
  4. lx07 Win User

Windows reverting to wrong input language

Input Method = Keyboard

Are you finding pressing certain keys results in the wrong thing?

I find having the input method the same as the physical keyboard works best.

Thema:

1. my keyboard is putting in the wrong letters/inputs whenever i press a key - Similar Threads - keyboard putting wrong

2. my keyboard is putting in the wrong letters/inputs whenever i press a key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard is putting in the wrong letters/inputs whenever i press a key: like for example if press the letter I instead of "i" showing up it types in "i]=8", how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-putting-in-the-wrong-lettersinputs/096c4ffe-d013-4767-b0d9-65d295640295
  3. my keyboard is putting in the wrong letters/inputs whenever i press a key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard is putting in the wrong letters/inputs whenever i press a key: like for example if press the letter I instead of "i" showing up it types in "i]=8", how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-putting-in-the-wrong-lettersinputs/096c4ffe-d013-4767-b0d9-65d295640295
  4. Why is my keyboard inputting random letters when I press certain letters? But I my number...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my keyboard inputting random letters when I press certain letters? But I my number...: Why is my keyboard inputting random letters when I press certain letters? But I my number is perfectly working I have 60% keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-keyboard-inputting-random-letters-when-i/4fa47cd9-5cae-4edb-b059-ac8a56acd06b
  5. Why is my keyboard inputting random letters when I press certain letters? But I my number...

Why is my keyboard inputting random letters when I press certain letters? But I my number...: Why is my keyboard inputting random letters when I press certain letters? But I my number is perfectly working I have 60% keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-keyboard-inputting-random-letters-when-i/4fa47cd9-5cae-4edb-b059-ac8a56acd06b
  6. Why is my keyboard inputting random letters when I press certain letters? But I my number...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. For some reason, whenever I press the letter "g" my computer also presses the alt keys....

For some reason, whenever I press the letter "g" my computer also presses the alt keys....: For some reason, this has started recently, and I currently have no idea how to fix this. I've tried to unplug my keyboard and plug it back in to try and fix it but it doesn't work.This happens on every program I type on and it's pretty annoyingand yes I am copying the letter...
  8. Letter ‘g’ is entered whenever there is any key being pressed on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Letter ‘g’ is entered whenever there is any key being pressed on the keyboard: My laptop keyboard is acting weird, when I press any key on the keyboard, the key ‘g’ will be entered as well but this problem is intermediatesometimes happen, sometime don’t. I’ve tried uninstalling the keyboard driver and also testing with another keyboard, but no luck, the...
  9. Letter ‘g’ is entered whenever there is any key being pressed on the keyboard

Letter ‘g’ is entered whenever there is any key being pressed on the keyboard: My laptop keyboard is acting weird, when I press any key on the keyboard, the key ‘g’ will be entered as well but this problem is intermediatesometimes happen, sometime don’t. I’ve tried uninstalling the keyboard driver and also testing with another keyboard, but no luck, the...
  10. I press 1 Key but my keyboard types multiple letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I press 1 Key but my keyboard types multiple letters: I hope I don't have to get an external keyboard So, I have a laptop and some water was spilled and now when I type some keys, adjadcent keys get pressed as well.\ Examples: Enter produces a '\' Z produces an 'AZ' C produces a 'DC' M produces a 'JMN' I...