Windows 10: My laptop auto updates every time I turn it on but that update fails constantly

Discus and support My laptop auto updates every time I turn it on but that update fails constantly in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As I've said, my laptop says there's an update waiting all the time and when I click on update, it starts the process but then automatically says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mperut1, Aug 28, 2018.

1. mperut1 Win User

My laptop auto updates every time I turn it on but that update fails constantly

As I've said, my laptop says there's an update waiting all the time and when I click on update, it starts the process but then automatically says update failed, restoring previous updates. And that happens every time I try turning it on, sometimes it takes 3-4 mins to turn it on because of the updates, and sometimes it just doesn't want to turn on and keeps opening the boot menu. My problem is that I can't obviously update it, but I also can't roll back the update since it's been longer than 10 days, so is there any way to fix this without reinstalling Windows?

:)

mperut1, Aug 28, 2018
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Kreij Win User
    Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Aug 28, 2018
  4. My laptop auto updates every time I turn it on but that update fails constantly

XP auto update thingy

ive been running XP for several months now without a fresh install and all has been well. as most people do i auto update running. today one of the auto updates came up and it wont go away. it says its installing but then pops back up and keeps installing it. ive rebooted and it still comes up saying it needs to update my machine. any ideas? i might just turn auto update off.

Easy Rhino, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

My laptop auto updates every time I turn it on but that update fails constantly

1. My laptop auto updates every time I turn it on but that update fails constantly - Similar Threads - laptop auto updates

2. Windows 10 update fails every time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update fails every time: I cannot upgrade my computer from Windows 10 version 20H2 to version 21H1. I have wasted several days of my time struggling with updates that keep downloading. I have tried all the suggestions. Nothing works. The most maddening thing is that even when I use a USB drive or ISO...
  3. Windows 10 update fails every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update fails every time: I cannot upgrade my computer from Windows 10 version 20H2 to version 21H1. I have wasted several days of my time struggling with updates that keep downloading. I have tried all the suggestions. Nothing works. The most maddening thing is that even when I use a USB drive or ISO...
  4. Windows 10 update fails every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Update Fails Every Time

Windows 10 Update Fails Every Time: Windows 10 Home x64 v1607 14393.2189 = have attempted to update numerous times. The update error log is filled with: "2020/01/11 00:32:12.2003310 440 3840 DownloadManager Regulation: {9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77} - Update CA38610D-7A61-418A-B688-C999EC4D5AE5 is...
  6. Windows 10 update fails every time

Windows 10 update fails every time: I need to hear from someone with regard to how to hire Microsoft to make my computer update from Windows 10 version 1803 to version 1909. I have wasted six months of my time wrestling with updates that keep downloading, forcing me to spend hours waiting to see if they will...
  7. Windows Update failing to install every time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update failing to install every time: hello,i've been stuck in a sort of download - update - update fails - and so on ''Loop'' my laptop is running windows 10 version 1803 and i've tried updating to 1903 or 1909 many times now but when ever i restart my pc to start the update process it takes around 30 minutes...
  8. 1909 Update Fails Every Time

1909 Update Fails Every Time: My laptop wants me to install the 1909 update, but it fails every time I try. It gets all the way through the configuring process, but does a hard crash before it even gets to 3% during install. For a while, my Windows was letting me shutdown my laptop without trying the...
  9. Windows 10 update fails every time

Windows 10 update fails every time: One day Windows 10 was updating (I have version 1607) and my computer shut off during the update. I got into a reboot loop which i luckily got out of by using some commands and booting Windows from a usb. Since then, every single day, Windows tries updating and gets an error....
  10. Windows updates fail every time

Windows updates fail every time: I'm using windows 10 version 1511 and i've been havin problems updating windows. Tried troubleshooting but it couldn't work. I also kept receiving the error code'800272ee2' when it's halfway updating. Pls help....