Windows 10: My laptop cannot detect any external screen/monitor

Discus and support My laptop cannot detect any external screen/monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I have a MSI GS60 ghost pro gaming laptop which has Intel HD graphics 4600 and Nvidia GTX970M GPU, CPU i7 4720HQ, running Windows 10. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Funky173, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Funky173 Win User

My laptop cannot detect any external screen/monitor

Hi everyone.

I have a MSI GS60 ghost pro gaming laptop which has Intel HD graphics 4600 and Nvidia GTX970M GPU, CPU i7 4720HQ, running Windows 10. I study abroad, several months ago i went back home and plugged-in my laptop to the TV via HDMI for gaming like normal. Yesterday i bought an ASUS VC239H external monitor and tried to do the same thing, but there is no HDMI input signal, the Laptop cannot detect the monitor (include display settings, intel HD graphics settings, nvidia settings). This is what i tried:

- Fn+f2, Fn+f8 keys, windows P switching to duplicate or extend or anykind of options
    - plug the monitor into my friend's laptop with windows 8 through that HDMI cable and it works fine, the same with other laptop running windows 7==> cable and monitor are normal
    - plug my laptop to my neighbor's smart TV. There was ''connected' symbol which appears on the TV but black screen instead of image, Laptop couldn't detect the TV
    - reinstalling nvidia and onboard-graphics drivers and update to the latest
    - Made a clean install of windows, tried windows 8 also but the same result
    - Updated my BIOS and EC
    - Bought an adapter HDMI-Mini Displayport to use the mini displayport with HDMI cable

nothing works

Im sorry that i copied my thread from other forum to here therefore some problem with the text color

:)

Funky173, Feb 1, 2016
  2. ASams23 Win User

Windows 10 and displaying content on two external monitors.

Windows 10 display options is not detecting both my external monitors. It detects the laptop and one of the external monitors. I need to display different screens of information on each external monitor. What do I need to do to get both external monitors
    recognized?

ASams23, Feb 1, 2016
  3. External monitor for laptop

I have an external monitor connected to my laptop. It used to work fine. Since the latest Windows 10 upgrade, the computer cannot detect the external monitor.

ElizaMoore2052, Feb 1, 2016
Thema:

My laptop cannot detect any external screen/monitor

1. My laptop cannot detect any external screen/monitor - Similar Threads - laptop cannot detect

2. Cannot detect external monitors Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot detect external monitors Windows 10: I am working on a Lenovo Thinkpad T480 that is running Windows 10. I am plugged into a Dell Thunderbolt Dock WD19TBS. I have two monitors connected to the docking station, which have work perfectly until this afternoon. My work laptop Dell Latitude 5430, also Windows 10 works...
  3. Cannot detect external monitors Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot detect external monitors Windows 10: I am working on a Lenovo Thinkpad T480 that is running Windows 10. I am plugged into a Dell Thunderbolt Dock WD19TBS. I have two monitors connected to the docking station, which have work perfectly until this afternoon. My work laptop Dell Latitude 5430, also Windows 10 works...
  4. Cannot detect external monitors Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors: My Lenovo Laptop is no longer recognizing my external monitors. this worked fine until a few days ago. I have updated, removed, reinstalled the intel graphics driver and run intel diagnostic as well as windows diagnostic. All internal HW passes tests. The computer thinks it...
  6. Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors

Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors: My Lenovo Laptop is no longer recognizing my external monitors. this worked fine until a few days ago. I have updated, removed, reinstalled the intel graphics driver and run intel diagnostic as well as windows diagnostic. All internal HW passes tests. The computer thinks it...
  7. Laptop not detecting external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not detecting external monitor: I'm using a laptop with an RTX 380. I used an external monitor via Hdmi and it worked fine, until I connected a USB webcam. I was receiving a video via the camera app for about 5 seconds. After that, both monitors started flickering black and than the external monitor just...
  8. Laptop not detecting external monitor

Laptop not detecting external monitor: I'm using a laptop with an RTX 380. I used an external monitor via Hdmi and it worked fine, until I connected a USB webcam. I was receiving a video via the camera app for about 5 seconds. After that, both monitors started flickering black and than the external monitor just...
  9. My laptop cannot detect any external screen/monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My laptop cannot detect any external screen/monitor: Hi everyone. I have a MSI GS60 ghost pro gaming laptop which has Intel HD graphics 4600 and Nvidia GTX970M GPU, CPU i7 4720HQ, running Windows 10. I study abroad, several months ago i went back home and plugged-in my laptop to the TV via HDMI for gaming like normal....
  10. Laptop screen not detected when using external monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop screen not detected when using external monitor: Hi As the title says, I have just upgraded my laptop to windows 10 from windows 8, I usually use the laptop screen and an external monitor, for dual screen, however in windows 10, with the external monitor connected it does not detect and other screens, am I missing...