Windows 10: My laptop crashed after installing windows 10 but after a month

Discus and support My laptop crashed after installing windows 10 but after a month in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my laptop nameCresia ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. X551MA Serial #: E5N0CX006715187 Windows 10 Core (10.0.10240.16590) my computer crashed brings up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lvanya, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Lvanya Win User

My laptop crashed after installing windows 10 but after a month

my laptop nameCresia
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. X551MA
    Serial #: E5N0CX006715187
    Windows 10 Core (10.0.10240.16590) my computer crashed brings up Recovery file:\ BCD Error code: Oxc0000034 then goes to Aptio setup utility screen. i signed in as administrator and added passwords now i just need to know what i need to do from here.

Thank you,

:)

Lvanya, Dec 12, 2015

2. Blue screen then turn to black

I upgraded my laptop from win 8.1 to win 10, it was working fine for 2 months and after the windows done some auto updates suddenly it crashed to blue screen then black screen and after rebooting it keeps crashing the same way till it caused me the damage
    of my hard drive, after i replaced my hard drive and install win 8.1 as original i go to update it to win 10 and again after the windows automatic update it starts to crash the same way again blue screen then black screen and going for auto repair mode, then
    I am back to my original win 8.1

please can somebody advice me what to do to upgrade to win 10 and avoid this crashing after the upgrade.

now my laptop OS is win 8.1

Hammam Elhalwany, Dec 12, 2015
  3. Dencio35 Win User
    Downgrade from Windows 10 pro to home

My laptop had windows 8.1 home prior to upgrading to windows 10. While upgrading to windows 10 home, installation crashed and was on a reboot loop. My friend fixed it for me and was able to install windows 10 pro. After a month, the laptop is asking for
    a windows product key. I tried to put my product key but it is saying that the product key is for the h ome version. How can I downgrade from windows 10 pro to home?

Dencio35, Dec 12, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Ivanya,

Welcome to the 10forums.

What exactly is the problem you are having?
    It isn't quite clear for me.

5. Lvanya Win User
    When I turn my computer on it comes on and says Recovery. That the file:/BCD. Error code: Oxc0000034 then it says I have file missing and at bottom says press escape to the UEFI Which then goes to Aptio Setup Utility Screen where I went i n and add admin passwords n now I am stuck on what to do next to recover my file or do a reset.
    Thank you

Lvanya, Dec 14, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Just to be clear Aptio Setup Utility is the BIOS *Smile

Do you have backups of your data? If you have I would try a reset.

7. Lvanya Win User
    I believe it is the bios. I don't have backups but can't get to the c: prompt screen to do anything.that's why I'm stuck

Lvanya, Dec 19, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

In the BIOS you can't do much, especially with a laptop.
    I would suggest to boot to the boot options and see if an option called 'Diagnostics Tests' is available.
    This option will test every part of the hardware, but it would be useful if the test could run as extensive as possible.

Are you able to create a recovery drive?
    Recovery Drive - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My laptop crashed after installing windows 10 but after a month - Similar Threads - laptop crashed installing

2. My laptop crashed after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop crashed after update: My laptop is stuck in boot loop and gets to logo then shuts down and restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-crashed-after-update/76008790-b011-4107-bb45-c49b57bc607f
  3. My laptop crashed after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop crashed after update: My laptop is stuck in boot loop and gets to logo then shuts down and restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-crashed-after-update/76008790-b011-4107-bb45-c49b57bc607f
  4. steam crashes/freezes my laptop after installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    steam crashes/freezes my laptop after installation: hello. i've had a steam account for quite a few years and everything has worked just fine on my older laptop, i downloaded steam and a few games without any issues. however, i have bought a new laptop lenovo ideapad gaming and steam has been causing me so many problems. i...
  5. steam crashes/freezes my laptop after installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    steam crashes/freezes my laptop after installation: hello. i've had a steam account for quite a few years and everything has worked just fine on my older laptop, i downloaded steam and a few games without any issues. however, i have bought a new laptop lenovo ideapad gaming and steam has been causing me so many problems. i...
  6. Laptop crashing after graphics driver installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashing after graphics driver installation: Hey, i've been having a problem with my dell precision 7510, everytime i download any driver for my amd firepro w5170m windows will crash and then freeze everytime i try to boot into it this problem wasnt happening before but now it is and the only way to stop it is by having...
  7. After windows 10 update my laptop crashed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After windows 10 update my laptop crashed: I have never had any issues with Windows 10, best ever but since I updated my windows 10, September 2020 my HP laptop crashed so badly I cannot recover it even with a recovery USB drive! The screen is always black and there is no response when I log in....
  8. laptop dead crash after installing windows updates

laptop dead crash after installing windows updates: Today when i was installling pending updates for the windows the updates starts smotthely but after restart its a dead. It not at all wotking . I think windows update has corrupted bios setting also. it not showing the boot menu or bios setting. When I am pressing start...
  9. Windows 10 crashes after a month

Windows 10 crashes after a month: I notice that Windows 10 machine crash after only a month. After close inspection, it went from single partition install to multiple partitions (5) where the restore point, reset point and etc...failed to work property. This is not new. At first, I thought is was the...
  10. Laptop weird 2 months after Windows 10 installation?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop weird 2 months after Windows 10 installation?: Hi *Smile , Sorry my thread title is quite bad, but my problem can only be described as "weird". For some reason, my laptop has turned crazy recently, the following basically: I can't access the features from start menu (so can't launch apps, and can't turn off laptop...