Windows 10: My Laptop does not recognise the headset microphone

Discus and support My Laptop does not recognise the headset microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Like most people im running windows 10 and i was wondering 2 days ago why my laptop stopped recognising my headset as having a microphone but it still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PurpsPurple, Jul 21, 2018.

1. My Laptop does not recognise the headset microphone

Like most people im running windows 10 and i was wondering 2 days ago why my laptop stopped recognising my headset as having a microphone but it still plays audio through it, the headset works fine on other devices and has done on this device for a long time, is there any way i can switch my internal recorder to my external microphone?

:)

PurpsPurple, Jul 21, 2018
  2. thiam1 Win User

Laptop switching from headset to built-in microphone on its own.

I did disable the built-in microphone a few times during my initial troubleshooting. But that doesn't force the headset to pick up the sound input function. Even after reboot, I just have no microphone
    at all while sound still comes through the headset.

Thanks.

thiam1, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Headset microphone not being detected in recording devices

We appreciate the information you provided. We'd like to clarify a few more points:

• What kind of other devices did you test your headset and microphone on? Specifically, did you test it with other laptops, desktop computers, or mobile devices?
    • Since your microphone is connected to your headset, does your headset have only one audio jack or does it have two separate jacks, one for audio and one for the microphone?
    • What type of audio port is on your laptop? Some laptops only support headsets, as evidenced by a headset icon (without a microphone) near the audio port. Older devices usually have separate ports in pink and green for audio and microphone. Newer devices
      have hybrid ports, which have both the headset and microphone icons near it.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 21, 2018
  4. thermal95 Win User

My Laptop does not recognise the headset microphone

microphone is not working?

I am having trouble with my headset as it is not being recognised by my laptop as anything the speakers on the headset are working but the microphone. the only way i can get the speakers to work is by going through the default speaker device and only then are the speakers playing. but the microphone even when using the built in microphone button is not working.

thank you.

thermal95, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

My Laptop does not recognise the headset microphone

1. My Laptop does not recognise the headset microphone - Similar Threads - Laptop does recognise

2. Laptop not detecting headset microphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not detecting headset microphone.: Recently, I bought a headset with a microphone attached for use when chatting with friends, the headphones are detected by my laptop and work perfectly fine however, the microphone doesn't work and isn't detected at all, i have followed all the steps I could find to try...
  3. Not recognising my headset anywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not recognising my headset anywhere: Alright so, recently I realised that whenever I plug headset, no new option comes up. For some reason I only have realtek array and external microphone. I tried with multiple headset, but I cant find them on device manager or anywhere just the ones I said. Any ideas why and...
  4. Not recognising my headset anywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not recognising my headset anywhere: Alright so, recently I realised that whenever I plug headset, no new option comes up. For some reason I only have realtek array and external microphone. I tried with multiple headset, but I cant find them on device manager or anywhere just the ones I said. Any ideas why and...
  5. Not recognising my headset anywhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. RESOLVED: My laptop does not detect the microphone on my headset

RESOLVED: My laptop does not detect the microphone on my headset: Hi, I recently bought a new laptop, a Dell Latitude 3510, for my university work. As everything is online, I bought a decent headset, the turtlebeach recon 200s, as I wanted to be comfortable and have high quality audio and good mic quality. My previous laptop had separate...
  7. My laptop does not detect the microphone on my headset

My laptop does not detect the microphone on my headset: Hi, I recently bought a new laptop, a Dell Latitude 3510, for my university work. As everything is online, I bought a decent headset, the turtlebeach recon 200s, as I wanted to be comfortable and have high quality audio and good mic quality. My previous laptop had separate...
  8. My laptop does not recognize the microphone of my headsets

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop does not recognize the microphone of my headsets: I have a sony vaio, I've done everything and I can't get my laptop to recognize the microphone on my headsets.Pleae help submitted by /u/Metropol0914 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l7el0s/my_laptop_does_not_recognize_the_microphone_of_my/
  9. Laptop detect Microphone as "Headset"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop detect Microphone as "Headset": So i'm using Windows 10 1909, My Laptop is HP Laptop 15s-eq0xxx, have only one jack. I have a Condenser microphone which i can use with XLR to 3.5mm Jack. My old laptop has no problem with it, when i plug the jack its ask What is this device is and automatically i can use as...
  10. laptop not detecting headset microphone

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop not detecting headset microphone: I recently bought a new headset with a microphone and I can hear audio through the headset but my mic is not detected and it is still using my default Realtek computer microphone. I've tried looking for hidden microphones but there are none. I've re-installed my Realtek HD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my lenovo laptop is receiving two microphone inputs and cannot seperate them

2. windows 10 does nor recognise microphone on headset

3. windows does not recognise my headset as microphone

4. laptop does not recognise headset as mic