Windows 10: My laptop got a bit of pure water un USB ports and air vent.

Discus and support My laptop got a bit of pure water un USB ports and air vent. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After the water spill, a bit later it made beeping sounds almost like something was being turned on, then off again. Such as 2 upbeat beeps, then 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ash_828, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Ash_828 Win User

My laptop got a bit of pure water un USB ports and air vent.

After the water spill, a bit later it made beeping sounds almost like something was being turned on, then off again. Such as 2 upbeat beeps, then 2 downbeat beeps, didn't sound like error beeping sounds. When I turned my sound down however, the sound stopped. I'm unsure if my laptop has damage or I need to take protective measures. I have a Lenovo intel core i5. Thanks!

:)

Ash_828, Feb 27, 2024
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

My laptop got a bit of pure water un USB ports and air vent. 47717d1485959446t-usb-port-oddities-replace-usb-drivers-step-1.jpg

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

My laptop got a bit of pure water un USB ports and air vent. 47718d1485959446t-usb-port-oddities-replace-usb-drivers-step-2.jpg

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

My laptop got a bit of pure water un USB ports and air vent. 47719d1485959446t-usb-port-oddities-replace-usb-drivers-step-3.jpg

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

My laptop got a bit of pure water un USB ports and air vent. 47720d1485959446t-usb-port-oddities-replace-usb-drivers-step-4.jpg

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Jess Bor Win User
    usb port

Hi Tracey,

In order to help you with your concern about the 2 USB ports of your laptop which are not working, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What changes have you done to your computer prior to getting this issue?
    • Are you getting any error codes when using these USB ports?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you already checked this
      link
      ? This link will help you in getting the latest driver and software. If not yet, just click the drop down arrow links to be able to access helpful troubleshooting suggestions.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jess Bor, Feb 27, 2024
  4. My laptop got a bit of pure water un USB ports and air vent.

USB 2 port not working in Windows 10 on Samsung Notebook

Hi Tomale,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Since all the USB ports are working and the problem is with the USB 3.0 port in the right side of the laptop, then this issue is with that particular port.

You can contact the manufacture of the laptop to get it done.

As a workaround, I suggest you to Run Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run hardware troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting
      in search box.
    • Select view all on the top left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and follow the prompts to
      run the troubleshooter.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

My laptop got a bit of pure water un USB ports and air vent.

1. My laptop got a bit of pure water un USB ports and air vent. - Similar Threads - laptop got bit

2. I spilled water on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I spilled water on my laptop: So 8 days ago, I opened up my laptop and tried to check for something. I also had a cup of water next to my laptop and unfortunately spilled all of it on the laptop. I quickly powered it off, unplugged it and flipped it like a pyramid. After 3 hours I tried to turn it on for...
  3. I spilled water on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I spilled water on my laptop: So 8 days ago, I opened up my laptop and tried to check for something. I also had a cup of water next to my laptop and unfortunately spilled all of it on the laptop. I quickly powered it off, unplugged it and flipped it like a pyramid. After 3 hours I tried to turn it on for...
  4. My laptop got a bit of pure water un USB ports and air vent.

My laptop got a bit of pure water un USB ports and air vent.: After the water spill, a bit later it made beeping sounds almost like something was being turned on, then off again. Such as 2 upbeat beeps, then 2 downbeat beeps, didn't sound like error beeping sounds. When I turned my sound down however, the sound stopped. I'm unsure if my...
  5. My hp laptops usb ports are not recognizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hp laptops usb ports are not recognizing: I sent in my laptop to get repaired and now that I got it back my usb ports are not recognizing any usb flash drives. Note I also went into the master system of the computer to see if anything needed to be updated and everything was up to date so now I've been lost trying to...
  6. My hp laptops usb ports are not recognizing

My hp laptops usb ports are not recognizing: I sent in my laptop to get repaired and now that I got it back my usb ports are not recognizing any usb flash drives. Note I also went into the master system of the computer to see if anything needed to be updated and everything was up to date so now I've been lost trying to...
  7. My hp laptops usb ports are not recognizing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My laptop fall in water bucket

My laptop fall in water bucket: Hi Guys, Yesterday accidentally my laptop fall in water bucket for 1 hour :- , but the good thing is my Laptop is shutdown there is no supply so I want to know is there is any possibility of any type of short circuit or burn type of things or what kind of damage can be...
  9. USB port is not working in my laptop

USB port is not working in my laptop: Hi ihave one port is not working,the other two ports working,I uninstall the USB Root hub and restart the PC but did't fixit,then i remove the Check from the box labeled Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power,didn't fix it,itraying to Disable Selective...
  10. My laptop will not detect my USB port

My laptop will not detect my USB port: I have done this before where I plug in my Camera into the USB port and send me pictures into this but I tried to do it yesterday and no matter what I did Windows never created a pop-up message saying something of the likes of "What would you like to do with this device" or...