Windows 10: My laptop has forgotten everything that it's done for the past week...

Discus and support My laptop has forgotten everything that it's done for the past week... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi - Sorry if the subject line is a bit vague but I couldn't think of a better way of putting it. I put my laptop into Sleep mode last night... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by discotroll, Dec 19, 2015.

1. My laptop has forgotten everything that it's done for the past week...

Hi -

Sorry if the subject line is a bit vague but I couldn't think of a better way of putting it.

I put my laptop into Sleep mode last night (running windows 10) and when I woke it this morning all of the files I'd worked on/created/downloaded over the past week had gone. This also applied to the desktop changes I'd made (ie which apps appear in the launch bar at the base of the screen) and even my internet browsing history - this shows everything I've visited today and then it continues with last Sunday - one week ago!

It has retained any software I've loaded (though not the desktop shortcuts) but it acts as though I've never used them before and I have to go through initial set-up or registration again. I've also got all of the files that have sat unaltered over the past week but everything i've looked at is completely gone.

Not so much a case of crying over a few lost files but I really need to understand what may have happened so it wont happen again.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much,

DT.

:)

discotroll, Dec 19, 2015

2. No audio on laptop

There has been no audio on laptop SPEAKERS since the past week. The laptop is Lenovo G580. But the sound comes from
    HEADPHONES OR EARPHONES, when they are connected to laptop. What must be done?

Amritpal Singh Dabb, Dec 19, 2015
  3. My emails are not syncing for the past week.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand that must make you feel upset and we will work toward fixing this situation for you.

Just to clarify, you are referring to syncing problems in Windows Mail App, is that correct?

If so, I would suggest you to try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Apps Troubleshooter

Try running the Apps Troubleshooter .

An automated troubleshooter is a tool that can find and automatically fix some problems with your computer. These troubleshooters aren't designed to fix every problem, but they're a useful tool to try because they can often save
    you time and effort.

Method 2: Remove and re-add account

Try removing and re-adding the account and check if the issue persists. Follow the steps given in the help article below.

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar
    apps in Windows 10
    Also, try the different troubleshooting steps suggested in the help article.

Method 3: Uninstall and re-install Mail App

If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall and re-install the app and check again. Follow the steps given below:

1. Type windows powershell in the search bar.

2. Right click on Windows powershell
    and run it as administrator.

3. Type the following command and press enter:

Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage

4. Re-download the app from Windows store.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 19, 2015
Thema:

My laptop has forgotten everything that it's done for the past week...

1. My laptop has forgotten everything that it's done for the past week... - Similar Threads - laptop has forgotten

2. My Laptop is in Bootloop despite having done everything. How to fix it??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Laptop is in Bootloop despite having done everything. How to fix it??: I was installing a Windows update on my Lenovo laptop but it was interrupted due to the battery, when I turned it on it went into Bootloop so I tried the solution that appears in the advanced options, then uninstalling the feature and quality updates and finally Run cmd with...
  3. How do I undo everything OneDrive has done?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I undo everything OneDrive has done?: I have a few clients - they work with mutiple companies and one of them had them install one drive. Now they can't even create text files on their desktop. I looked - their desktop is now part of a one drive folder. I tried to uninstall onedrive but it is still in that...
  4. How do I undo everything OneDrive has done?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I undo everything OneDrive has done?: I have a few clients - they work with mutiple companies and one of them had them install one drive. Now they can't even create text files on their desktop. I looked - their desktop is now part of a one drive folder. I tried to uninstall onedrive but it is still in that...
  5. screensaver not showing done everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    screensaver not showing done everything: HiI have enable group policy to enable screensaver and screensaver timeout to 300 seconds. Also my power plan is set to balanced and turn off display is set to 10 minutes and put computer to sleep is set to 30 minutes, but it doesn't show up will it show up if i leave...
  6. screensaver not showing done everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screensaver not showing done everything: HiI have enable group policy to enable screensaver and screensaver timeout to 300 seconds. Also my power plan is set to balanced and turn off display is set to 10 minutes and put computer to sleep is set to 30 minutes, but it doesn't show up will it show up if i leave...
  7. Windows 11 Update in the past week broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update in the past week broke my laptop: Ever since I downloaded the most recent update most of the programs on my laptop refuse to work. Any game launcher crashes whenever I try to open it. Even file explorer crashes if I try to do anything in it besides open it and look at it. I've tried a windows 11 reset to try...
  8. Windows 11 Update in the past week broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Update in the past week broke my laptop: Ever since I downloaded the most recent update most of the programs on my laptop refuse to work. Any game launcher crashes whenever I try to open it. Even file explorer crashes if I try to do anything in it besides open it and look at it. I've tried a windows 11 reset to try...
  9. Laptop EXTREMELY SLOW for past 2 weeks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop EXTREMELY SLOW for past 2 weeks: Hello, I am technologically challenged but can do the basics. My computer started to freeze every few seconds for the past two weeks. I apologize in advance if I am giving too much information but I don't know what else to try. Thanks in advance for your help or ideas...
  10. Over the past weeks, my computer has been acting up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Over the past weeks, my computer has been acting up: Hi all! I hope you’re having a great day. Anyways, I need some help. For whatever reason it may be, my computer has been acting up recently. Apparently, if I have a bunch of tabs open / programs, my monitor flickers and an error sound plays. Most of the time I get errors (the...