Windows 10: my laptop is attempting to repair loop

Discus and support my laptop is attempting to repair loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my laptop is in attempting to repair loop and i cant restore it or anything just constant cant repair. Can i create a repair boot usb on another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by carloskidd1, Jul 27, 2018.

1. my laptop is attempting to repair loop

my laptop is in attempting to repair loop and i cant restore it or anything just constant cant repair. Can i create a repair boot usb on another computer to use on my laptop ?

:)

carloskidd1, Jul 27, 2018

2. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jul 27, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows 10 Repair Boot Loop

Hi Jed,

If your computer is stuck in a boot-loop state of Windows, it could mean that automatic repair isn't able to repair a corrupted or broken system file, but attempts to repair it over and over again. For us to assist you properly in resolving this boot-loop
    state, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the issue occur even after removing the USB wireless mouse?
    • Aside from running DISM, what other troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jul 27, 2018
  4. copiman Win User

my laptop is attempting to repair loop

Infinite Repair Loop

I have an HP 14-ac151nr laptop. It attempts to diagnose and repair but loops. Cannot access safemode.

Have tried startup repair
    bootrec.exe with /rebuildbcd & /fixmbr & /fixboot
    chkdisk

I found this while searching the forum. Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - Windows 7 Help Forums and tried it. on step 13 it said "The file sizes presented here are approximate estimations, and may vary depending on your system. If any one of them are 0 bytes, then you should stop what you're doing now and seek an alternative method of recovering your system, because Windows cannot function with a 0-byte size registry hive."

Of course everything was 0-byte.*Mad

I would assume its toast and I would need to do a clean install, or maybe a repair install or something else? Not sure what is the best action at this point. Need advice.

copiman, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

my laptop is attempting to repair loop

1. my laptop is attempting to repair loop - Similar Threads - laptop attempting repair

2. My HP laptop got stuck at the "attempting repairs" loop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP laptop got stuck at the "attempting repairs" loop.: I hard hard reset the system 3times and a window with advanced options opened and chose the "restore" option and then chose the latest restore point. But the system restore just keeps going and won't finish. Is this normal? It's been like an hour.Help....
  3. My HP laptop got stuck at the "attempting repairs" loop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP laptop got stuck at the "attempting repairs" loop.: I hard hard reset the system 3times and a window with advanced options opened and chose the "restore" option and then chose the latest restore point. But the system restore just keeps going and won't finish. Is this normal? It's been like an hour.Help....
  4. My HP laptop got stuck at the "attempting repairs" loop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck on "Attempting Repair" loop on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "Attempting Repair" loop on startup.: Hi, I'm trying to fix my son's laptop which is stuck on "attempting repair" on startup. I've tried pretty much everything I think. I booted from a flashdrive, tried everything including system restore which failed as it scanned the file system on the drive C:\ It suggests the...
  6. Stuck on "Attempting Repair" loop on startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on "Attempting Repair" loop on startup.: Hi, I'm trying to fix my son's laptop which is stuck on "attempting repair" on startup. I've tried pretty much everything I think. I booted from a flashdrive, tried everything including system restore which failed as it scanned the file system on the drive C:\ It suggests the...
  7. Stuck on "Attempting Repair" loop on startup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 attempting to repair loop

Windows 10 attempting to repair loop: I had an issue trying to boot my PC and went with the repair disk option. I have let this for almost a full day before restarting and trying to let it run again. At this point any reboot just goes back into attempting repairs and I can't seem to interrupt this. I would like...
  9. Attempt Repairs Loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Attempt Repairs Loop: hi i would like to ask what to do with my laptop, i restart my laptop then suddenly when i was going to turn it on the screen says that it was attempting repairs and it was stuck there. i tried to turn it off and turning on while holding alt + f10 and i do the system restore...
  10. Stuck in "Attempting Repairs Loop"

Stuck in "Attempting Repairs Loop": Hello, I have an Acer Aspire V no CD Rom computer that continues to transition to black screen from the home screen. After conducting the boot/reboot process to get to Safe Mode, I was able to work with the computer, removed the most recent update; but it reverted back to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when your pc shows attempting repairs