Windows 10: My laptop is not properly booting, and I'm in need of help.

Discus and support My laptop is not properly booting, and I'm in need of help. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yesterday morning, I restarted my laptop. The normal lenovo loading screen came on but then it sent me to a blue screen with a frowning face and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by IAmAFruitBowl, Jan 3, 2018.

1. My laptop is not properly booting, and I'm in need of help.

Yesterday morning, I restarted my laptop. The normal lenovo loading screen came on but then it sent me to a blue screen with a frowning face and the words "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart..." It restarted and the loading screen came, but it says "Loading Automatic Repair". Then it said "Diagnosing Your PC.". Next, it sent me to Automatic Repair and said "Your PC did not start correctly" in big letters. It gave me two options, Restart and Advanced Options. I tried both. I went to A.O. and it gave me 4 options, "Continue", "Use a device", "Troubleshoot" and "Turn off PC".

I've tried everything!! Will someone please help me?

:)

IAmAFruitBowl, Jan 3, 2018
  2. lukepage Win User

please help, is my laptop in serious need of fixing?

I have been looking through the event viewer and am shocked to see so many warnings and errors, I don't know if this is normal or if my laptop is in dire need of taking somewhere to be fixed, I will list them all so please bare with me as I am not very smart
    when it comes to computers so I do need some clear help. so far today ive had about 8 of them :

1: event id 8303 scoping unsuccessful for shadowcopy L:
    \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy4 with error 0x81000207.

2: event id 98 source ntfs, Volume TI30992200A (\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowcopy4) requires an online scan, this wil automatically run as part of the next maintenance task or run chkdsk scan or run repair- volume <drive> scan.

3: event id 513 sourse CAPI2m, Cryptographic services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the system writer object

Details: AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft link- layer discovery protocol system error access is denied.

4: event id 36 source Volsnap the shadow copies of volume C: were aborted because the shadowcopy storage could not grow due to a user imposed limit.

5: event 1014 source Dns client events name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured dns servers responded.

please be as clear as you can me, I'm really worried that my laptop needs serious attention. thank you

lukepage, Jan 3, 2018
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    please help, is my laptop in serious need of fixing?

Actually, it's normal. At this moment I have hundreds of errors and warnings, yet my computer runs very well.

99.9% of these are simply Windows internal processing and have no real meaning. To give an analogy, it's like flushing your toilet and then getting a warning - "low water pressure in toilet tank." Duh, what did you expect?

If you have doubts, copy a message or two and put them into a web search. When you understand what they're saying, you'll see it's no big deal.

Don't be a PC hypochondriac. As long as you operate your computer in supported ways and keep it free from malware, you're doing fine.

BulldogXX, Jan 3, 2018
  4. zbook New Member

My laptop is not properly booting, and I'm in need of help.

1) If possible remove the battery and unplug the notebook.
    2) hold down the power button for 1 minute.
    3) The above 2 steps should perform a power reset.
    4) power on the computer and see if it will open to the lock screen/splash screen/wallpaper.

5) If it is unable to open to the wall paper then perform a hardware method to open the Windows advanced troubleshooting menu:
    a) power on and as soon as you see the Microsoft icon > power off (the timing is important)
    b) power on again and as soon as you see the Microsoft icon > power off (the timing is important)
    c) power on again and allow the computer to advance to the Windows advanced troubleshooting menu.

6) Once in the Windows advance troubleshooting menu perform the following steps:
    7) click on startup options > reset > select #6 safe mode with command prompt > type:
    a) sfc /scannow
    b) chkdsk /f
    c) reboot
    8) if startup options does not work or if the scannow and chkdsk do not work then click on startup repair
    9) if startup repair fails the click on system restore (start with the oldest restore point and move forward in time)

10) if you are unable to get the computer to open the Windows advanced troubleshooting menu then you will need to create a bootable windows 10 iso.
    Download Windows 10

11) insert the bootable windows 10 iso into any USB port.
    12) power on the computer and repetitively click the F12 key to open the BIOS boot menu.
    13) click on USB external hard drive
    14) wait approximately 5 - 10 minutes for the iso to load while viewing the Windows icon
    15) for the menu with language, time, currency, and keyboard the settings should already be set to your preferences so click on next.
    16) on the next menu make sure that you do not click on install. Instead look in the left lower corner and click on repair your computer.
    17) This should have opened the windows advanced troubleshooting menu on the windows 10 iso.
    18) Attempt system restore starting with the oldest date and repeat as many times as necessary to find a working restore point.
    19) if there are no working restore points or if system restore fails move to the next step
    20) click on startup repair
    21) if start up repair fails click on command prompt and open Administrator X:\Windows\system32.exe and type:
    sfc /scannow
    chkdsk /f
    22) if you get this far report your progress into the thread.

At anytime use a camera or a smart phone camera to take pictures and post images into the thread for additional help.

zbook, Jan 3, 2018
  5. I'm not sure how to remove the battery. I have a lenovo yoga and I don't have the nessesary tools to remove the battery.

I tried to open safe mode, however the same problem happens again where it says that my pc ran into an error, blah blah blah.

I have yet to try the third one

6. zbook New Member
    Open the website for the computer > enter the make/model or product/serial number > open the webpage for drivers > post the URL or hyperlink into the thread.

Update the system specs in the "My Computer" section:

How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Site Use Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

zbook, Jan 3, 2018
  7. Just wondering, why does this error occur?

8. My laptop is not properly booting, and I'm in need of help.

Nothing worked. Is there anything else I can do?

9. Please boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

Please type below command into Command Prompt and press Enter key.

The following command scans integrity of all protected Windows system files and repairs files with problems when possible.

Code: Sfc /Scannow /OFFBOOTDIR=D:\ /OFFWINDIR=D:\Windows[/quote]

Please replace partition letter D: with Windows installed partition letter. When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

Restart your computer after finish executing Sfc command if the issue still not resolved follow the below instructions.

Windows Vista/ 7/8/8.1/10 keep a regular backup of the registry handy in case you need to overwrite a corrupted registry. By default, the RegIdleBackup task runs every 10 days, so that’s as far back as you would lose if you replaced the current registry with the automatically backed-up files. You can find the backed-up registry files in \Windows\System32\config\RegBack folder.

Please boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

Please type below command into Command Prompt and press Enter key.

Code: Dir C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack[/quote]
    Above command will list files stored within RegBack folder and there file size, make sure files are not zero size if they are do not follow below instructions.

My laptop is not properly booting, and I'm in need of help. [​IMG]

Please replace partition letter C: with Windows installed partition letter. When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

Please type below commands into Command Prompt and for each command you have typed press Enter key.

Code: Ren C:\windows\system32\config\SAM SAM.BAK Ren C:\windows\system32\config\SYSTEM SYSTEM.BAK Ren C:\windows\system32\config\SECURITY SECURITY.BAK Ren C:\windows\system32\config\DEFAULT DEFAULT.BAK Ren C:\windows\system32\config\SOFTWARE SOFTWARE.BAK Copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SAM C:\windows\system32\config Copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SYSTEM C:\windows\system32\config Copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SECURITY C:\windows\system32\config Copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\DEFAULT C:\windows\system32\config Copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SOFTWARE C:\windows\system32\config[/quote]
    This procedure assumes that Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10 is installed to the C:\ partition. Make sure to replace C:\ drive letter to the appropriate Windows OS installed partition drive letter if it is a different location.

Above commands renames the registry files at their existing location, and then copies the registry files from the RegBack folder to the C:\Windows\System32\Config folder.

FreeBooter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

My laptop is not properly booting, and I'm in need of help.

1. My laptop is not properly booting, and I'm in need of help. - Similar Threads - laptop properly booting

2. Need help with my Microsoft Store, it's not working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with my Microsoft Store, it's not working properly.: Hi!I have problem my with Microsoft Store, I cannot update my apps and not even can't download any apps from Store. It says: "Something unexpected happened".Please reply me as soon as possible. Sincerely Sadiq...
  3. Need help on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help on my laptop: when i restart my laptop it takes time to open, after it open my apps in dektop were gone and the apps reset. I cant also open settings and no apps where shown in my task bar. I think its because i updated the windows last night. Someone i need help asap...
  4. Need help on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help on my laptop: when i restart my laptop it takes time to open, after it open my apps in dektop were gone and the apps reset. I cant also open settings and no apps where shown in my task bar. I think its because i updated the windows last night. Someone i need help asap...
  5. My Laptop Needs help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop Needs help: My laptop decides to go black for a few seconds after I press the start menu and comes back up extremely dark and in a 4:3 aspect ratio i need help It also breaks when i have the put pin in thing when i want to uninstall an app please help me...
  6. I'm a Student who needs Help fixing her Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm a Student who needs Help fixing her Laptop: [ATTACH] Hi ! I have an ASUS laptop , (R510V)...intel core i5 , 12GB RAM ,1T HDD, gtx 950m Recently i repaired my keyboard and asked the guy to install an SSD (512gb). which means i have now an HDD (1T) and an SSD (512gb) He moved the windows files to the SSD and i had...
  7. Laptop not Booting Up Properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop not Booting Up Properly: Hi all, So last night i had to manually shut off my Dell G5 15 laptop because the game I was playing Star Wars: Jedi: Fallen Order wouldn't close out, even after I closed out of Steam. When I turned my laptop on this morning, Windows went through update and after it did the...
  8. My laptop wont boot up properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop wont boot up properly: Ever since a recent update that required me to restart my laptop/ideapad, i could not use my device properly, initially it had turned on but then it froze and i tried to turn it off then on again but it wouldn't work. I tried to repeat the process in order to try and launch...
  9. Need help I'm clueless.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help I'm clueless.: Okay, last night I was playing fine on my built PC with windows 10, everything worked and nothing was wrong. But when I started it this moring it was greated by an unusually long lasting black screen on startup and was only able to see my mouse. That's problem #1. Now I...
  10. Help needed with Windows 10 laptop that will not boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help needed with Windows 10 laptop that will not boot.: Trying to help a friend fix a sick laptop. It will not boot to Windows 10. I keep getting the blue screen with the message that a boot disk could not be found. The hard drive is still in working order and the files are still accessible through booting to LINUX on a pen drive....