Windows 10: My laptop is stuck in a cycle of restarting and displaying a message before it restarts...

Discus and support My laptop is stuck in a cycle of restarting and displaying a message before it restarts... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop has been doing this for a while and I've given up on trying to fix it so I've come here looking for help. I tried updating a while ago and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ch666rlie, Jul 18, 2018.

1. ch666rlie Win User

My laptop is stuck in a cycle of restarting and displaying a message before it restarts...

My laptop has been doing this for a while and I've given up on trying to fix it so I've come here looking for help.

I tried updating a while ago and when i checked back on the update it seemed to be off so i turned it back on. When I turned it on it would have the normal start up, like the loading screen, but then this box pops up and immediately disappears. After that box goes away a message pops up saying "attempting to recover installation" after that one another one comes out "restoring your previous windows". That's all it does because after that it just restarts and the cycle starts up again.

If anyone could please try to help me with my problem I'd really appreciate it. I'm not very good with pc problems

:)

ch666rlie, Jul 18, 2018

2. Task Switcher randomly gets stuck cycling windows

Good morning!

I am having an issue with the Task Switcher (see image below) activating on its own. It then begins to cycle through the open tasks very rapidly. When this happens I am unable to actually select any of the tasks, nor can I close them out. Windows is essentially frozen at this point and I have to restart.

A few things to note:

• I am running Windows 10 Pro.
    • This happens randomly, sometimes weeks between an incident.
    • Sometimes it happens while I am not even working at the computer. I've noticed it after returning to my desk.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

My laptop is stuck in a cycle of restarting and displaying a message before it restarts... [​IMG]

Konkey Dong, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Automated Restart of Windows 10 PC

Hello,

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. An outdated driver and software conflict are some of the possible reasons. Having said that, we suggest performing
    the following steps:

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages.

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the Automatically restart option
    is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.
    Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Checking for failed hardware.

Hardware problems can cause the computer to restart unexpectedly.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

My laptop is stuck in a cycle of restarting and displaying a message before it restarts...

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

1. My laptop is stuck in a cycle of restarting and displaying a message before it restarts... - Similar Threads - laptop stuck cycle

2. Laptop Stuck On Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Stuck On Restart Loop: I accidentally shutdown my pc while it was resetting wipes everything then it started looping on and off and every single time it does it shows the screen it was on for a split second then repeats. I tried shutting it down and opening it again multiple times but it did...
  3. Laptop stuck in restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck in restart loop: I recently just cleaned my HP laptop and wanted to factory reset it. And I chose the method of cloud download instead of local install for windows. I’m not really sure what happened I left to pick my child up and when I came back it had a pop up stating:“The computer...
  4. Laptop stuck in restart loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck in restart loop: I recently just cleaned my HP laptop and wanted to factory reset it. And I chose the method of cloud download instead of local install for windows. I’m not really sure what happened I left to pick my child up and when I came back it had a pop up stating:“The computer...
  5. Laptop stuck in restart loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Laptop stuck on restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop stuck on restart: I installed an Intel update on my laptop, which required a restart. The screen went black after the “Restarting...” screen, but it hasn’t passed the black screen. I know it’s still on because my keyboard illuminates when a press a key, but it hasn’t done anything in about 2...
  7. Laptop Stuck on restart screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Stuck on restart screen: My laptop has been stuck on the restart screen for a few hours now and i have tried to bring up any other screen with no success. I’ve tried hard shutoff and ctrl+alt+delete, and have unplugged it from the power source and its an XPS 2 in 1 so i cannot remove the battery...
  8. My acer laptop is stuck on restarting

My acer laptop is stuck on restarting: Hello i need help with my laptop because its stuck on the restarting screen the white dots circling around and ive been waiting for 2 hours now i need help. Advanced thanks! Edit: Now it just shutted down and a red light is blinking....
  9. Laptop stuck on restart screen

Laptop stuck on restart screen: Hi, I have a problem with my laptop. I was running a scan in powershell and it told me it needed to repair something and told me to restart. I restarted and now i am stuck at the restarting screen with the dots circling. When i restarted i had the windows update open and it...
  10. Pc in a restarting then troubleshooting cycle

Pc in a restarting then troubleshooting cycle: Ok so just about yesterday my laptop had crashed after i had done some gaming as i do. But once i try to boot up my computer it gets put into a loop of loading in then crashing and now wont even lod in but is constantly going through automatic repairs and then troubleshooting...