Windows 10: My Laptop keep going in to F2 Password on bootup?

Discus and support My Laptop keep going in to F2 Password on bootup? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi have an problem with bootup as it enters F2 Setup when I have not press F2 and every now and then. Has a spark of life till I restart it. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 18pminus, Aug 15, 2016.

1. 18pminus Win User

My Laptop keep going in to F2 Password on bootup?

Hi have an problem with bootup as it enters F2 Setup when I have not press F2 and every now and then. Has a spark of life till I restart it. How can I stop it entering F2 Setup and asking for the admistrative password in a blue box?

I am using the laptop as it seems to have a small spark of life.

Please help and quickly!!!

It has a Intel inside core process core 13.

:)

18pminus, Aug 15, 2016

2. Locked out of laptop

I am locked out of my laptop (windows 10 Anniversary edition). It asks for Current Password and blocks the F2 and F12 functions. What is going on?

Baffled Babs, Aug 15, 2016
  3. Dell laptop inspiron n5050 black screen and rebooting

Hi I have dell laptop Inspiron n 5050 that had Windows 7. A month a go I upgraded to Windows 10. Now my laptop keeps rebooting only with dell Inspiron logo black screen and option F2, F12. I ran ePSA pre-boot diagnostic and telling everything ok and all
    devices checked ok. Then I exit and keeps rebooting/restarting with dell logo black screen and option F2, F12. Did Windows 10 crashed my laptop?? How can repair? Thanks for advice

Dell laptop user, Aug 15, 2016
  4. My Laptop keep going in to F2 Password on bootup?

Now the step mention may be different as per your motherboard .. so please play with them a bit.. you have to disable bios password or administrative password.
    In my bios its Security >> Administrative password >> disable.

manish9009, Aug 15, 2016
  5. 18pminus Win User
    Thank you for your responce but can I have a clear step step guide on how to do this? Please

18pminus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

My Laptop keep going in to F2 Password on bootup?

1. My Laptop keep going in to F2 Password on bootup? - Similar Threads - Laptop keep going

2. Laptop Keeps going BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keeps going BSOD: Acer laptop is getting a BSOD multiple times a day with either DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION or KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.Doesn't seem to be any trigger it just happens randomly at any moment.I uploaded the minidump files here:...
  3. Laptop Keeps going BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Keeps going BSOD: Acer laptop is getting a BSOD multiple times a day with either DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION or KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.Doesn't seem to be any trigger it just happens randomly at any moment.I uploaded the minidump files here:...
  4. Laptop Keeps going BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop Won't Bootup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Won't Bootup: My Dell laptop was recently having performance issues so I had to force shut down. When I tried restarting, I get stuck on a frozen screen once the Dell welcome screen comes on. I tried initiating safe mode from cold boot by restarting my computer 3 times in a row but the...
  6. My computer repeatedly freezes at bootup. What's going on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer repeatedly freezes at bootup. What's going on?: I have an HP TouchSmart 9100, intel Core 2 Duo, Windows 10 PC. I recently installed Minecraft, and since then it has been having startup problems. It runs fine, but for it to fully start, I need to use a System Restore point. What could be the source of the problem? Is it...
  7. My Laptop keeps going into repair mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop keeps going into repair mode: I just asked a question about my laptop's keyboard and touchpad not working and probably found a solution but now my computer keeps going into auto repair and i can't get to windows to sign in or anything....
  8. laptop will not bootup or reset,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop will not bootup or reset,: I rebooted my laptop. from there it wouldent boot. i tried diagnostic, automatic repair, Systems restore: Shows my recovery dates but says i have recovery turned off Go back to previous version: it tells me we ran into a problem System image recovery: windows can't...
  9. Laptop keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop keeps going to sleep: I have an HP 8540 laptop. I have the power settings set to high performance and all the options to go to sleep when plugged in are set to off/no. HOWEVER, it keeps going to sleep even when things like a download is running. There r a few things like my 3D printer program...
  10. how to password protect on bootup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to password protect on bootup: I hope someone can help.....I cannot seem to find the setting to get my laptop to ask for a password upon booting! *cry Ive looked in the accounts setting and cant find anything. The nearest I have found is under the accounts/sign-in options/require sign in but I only have...