Windows 10: My Laptop Not Shutdown

Discus and support My Laptop Not Shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop was working fine ,after complete my work when i try for shut down of laptop but it is not shutdown . what is this problem and how fix this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jean01, Aug 9, 2016.

1. jean01 Win User

My Laptop Not Shutdown

My laptop was working fine ,after complete my work when i try for shut down of laptop but it is not shutdown .
    what is this problem and how fix this problem?

:)

jean01, Aug 9, 2016
  2. Gan_666 Win User

Laptop does not shutdown when i click shutdown and close the lid, it sleeps instead.

Whenever i click shutdown on my laptop, i directly close the lid. However, the laptop sleeps instead of shutdown. The bulb icon on my laptop which indicates the laptop is sleeping tells me that the laptop did not shutdown properly. I have to open the lid
    again for it to shutdown properly. Please tell me that there's a fix to this. Thank you.

Gan_666, Aug 9, 2016
  3. 亚伦屠 Win User
    laptop not shutting down after windows 10 upgrade

I have the same issue.My suggestion is shutdown the laptop by Powershell,typing shutdown /s,After all,wait till Microsoft fix it.

it works on my laptop!

亚伦屠, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

My Laptop Not Shutdown

1. My Laptop Not Shutdown - Similar Threads - Laptop Shutdown

2. Windows 10 laptop shutdown when any key is pressed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 laptop shutdown when any key is pressed: Hi I have repurposed an old work computer for home use and have installed Windows 10 but am experiencing serious shutdown problems to the point where the computer seems useless. After powering on, it randomly shuts down after pressing a few keys. Sometimes i cant even get...
  3. Unexpected Laptop Shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected Laptop Shutdowns: My laptopis getting unexpected shutdowns, totally out of the blue when left idle. I have ran HP Hardware Diagnostics, Memory Diagnostics, Monitored CPU Temperatures, Updated Windows, Created Custom Power Plans but unable to pinpoint what is causing the shut downs. On checking...
  4. Laptop Randomly Restarts and Sometimes it Shutdown

Laptop Randomly Restarts and Sometimes it Shutdown: Hello there, I am facing this issue for about 4 days from now, my laptop restarts randomly and sometimes it shutdown automatically even when i am working or playing a game on it. I searched for this error and got a lot of suggestions, but nothing worked. For example. The...
  5. Kernel root trap error on laptop shutdown

Kernel root trap error on laptop shutdown: Hi there, I have been having kernel root trap error when I am shutting down my laptop after updating to Windows 10 version 1903. It indicated that fltmgr.sys has failed but the error would not occur if I press shut down from the lock screen after it reboots automatically....
  6. Windows 10 Laptop does not fully shutdown after long usage

Windows 10 Laptop does not fully shutdown after long usage: My Problem: So as the question states I am having problems when shutting down my laptop, windows does shutdown but the light on my power button stay on, on until the laptop is drained of battery or until I force close by holding power button. My laptop is HP Pavilion...
  7. when to close the lid of laptop after shutdown

when to close the lid of laptop after shutdown: hello when i shutdown my laptop it the screen become dark after 6 secs (approx) but the two led lights at the right corner of keyboard still blinks for 15 secs(approx) so shall i wait for the ligjt to stop blinking or shall i just close the lid pannel after screens goes...
  8. My laptop shutdowns for no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop shutdowns for no reason: Hi, my laptop shutdown for no reason after a few minutes use of being unplugged. Then, it works perfectly when it is plugged in and charging. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-shutdowns-for-no-reason/44939395-9b24-499b-a69d-9b7ce3098626
  9. Why can't i shutdown my windows 10 laptop using the start menu?

Why can't i shutdown my windows 10 laptop using the start menu?: when i use the start menu to shutdown my windows 10 laptop, it doesn't shutdown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-shutdown-my-windows-10-laptop-using-the/f2a2ecdf-fe39-401b-bf65-6fedcacc6a0b
  10. "Static" on laptop startup from sleep mode, or shutdown mode.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    "Static" on laptop startup from sleep mode, or shutdown mode.: Hello all, I'm not sure if this is posted in the right section so please feel free to correct me if I am in the wrong place. I've got a weird issue with my laptop, 50% or so of the times in which I turn it on it shows a screen I can only describe as static. No error messages,...