Windows 10: My Laptop Not Shutdown

Discus and support My Laptop Not Shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop was working fine ,after complete my work when i try for shut down of laptop but it is not shutdown . what is this problem and how fix this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jean01, Aug 9, 2016.

1. jean01 Win User

My Laptop Not Shutdown

My laptop was working fine ,after complete my work when i try for shut down of laptop but it is not shutdown .
    what is this problem and how fix this problem?

:)

jean01, Aug 9, 2016
  2. Gan_666 Win User

Laptop does not shutdown when i click shutdown and close the lid, it sleeps instead.

Whenever i click shutdown on my laptop, i directly close the lid. However, the laptop sleeps instead of shutdown. The bulb icon on my laptop which indicates the laptop is sleeping tells me that the laptop did not shutdown properly. I have to open the lid
    again for it to shutdown properly. Please tell me that there's a fix to this. Thank you.

Gan_666, Aug 9, 2016
  3. 亚伦屠 Win User
    laptop not shutting down after windows 10 upgrade

I have the same issue.My suggestion is shutdown the laptop by Powershell,typing shutdown /s,After all,wait till Microsoft fix it.

it works on my laptop!

亚伦屠, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

My Laptop Not Shutdown

1. My Laptop Not Shutdown - Similar Threads - Laptop Shutdown

2. Laptop that can't shutdown and directly restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop that can't shutdown and directly restart: Asus tuf laptopI have Asus Tuf with windows 11 in it. When i shutdown my computer it switch in sleep mode then restart. The only way to shut it down without it restarting is to use the shutdown button directly in the laptop. Please help.I disabled all restart or wake from...
  3. Laptop that can't shutdown and directly restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop that can't shutdown and directly restart: Asus tuf laptopI have Asus Tuf with windows 11 in it. When i shutdown my computer it switch in sleep mode then restart. The only way to shut it down without it restarting is to use the shutdown button directly in the laptop. Please help.I disabled all restart or wake from...
  4. My laptop turns on again after shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop turns on again after shutdown: the pop up appears when I try to shut down my laptop, I've done it like on youtube but it still doesn't work. please help me thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-turns-on-again-after-shutdown/41e4c375-7784-48eb-a93b-807388220b21
  5. My laptop turns on again after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turns on again after shutdown: the pop up appears when I try to shut down my laptop, I've done it like on youtube but it still doesn't work. please help me thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-turns-on-again-after-shutdown/41e4c375-7784-48eb-a93b-807388220b21
  6. My laptop turns on again after shutdown

7. Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart: I have cleaned installed Windows 10 in hopes of fixing this but to no avail. I click shutdown and my usb connected keyboard and mouse stop working, the screen goes black but the power button still lights up and the laptop is still running.I have tried:andand typed powercfg h...
  8. Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart

Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart: I have cleaned installed Windows 10 in hopes of fixing this but to no avail. I click shutdown and my usb connected keyboard and mouse stop working, the screen goes black but the power button still lights up and the laptop is still running.I have tried:andand typed powercfg h...
  9. Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. My laptop dont shutdown, this is dell model 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop dont shutdown, this is dell model 2020: When I shutdown my Laptop, it is turn off screen but fan and key board still run. After I turn on laptop, it is not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-dont-shutdown-this-is-dell-model-2020/8add22c2-52de-4f2d-966e-a31c6e440d35