Windows 10: My laptop (or Windows 10) stopped recognizing all USB-devices

Discus and support My laptop (or Windows 10) stopped recognizing all USB-devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I have once again run into a problem with W10, and it's getting very frustrating with all these errors and malfunctions that W10 has. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eliasnieminen, Oct 31, 2015.

1. My laptop (or Windows 10) stopped recognizing all USB-devices

Hello!
    I have once again run into a problem with W10, and it's getting very frustrating with all these errors and malfunctions that W10 has. The problem is that when I plug a USB-device in my computer, no sound is being played to signal that the USB-device has been recognized, and that really seems to be the case. I can't even use my mouse.

I believe the problem started after the latest update for Windows 10 which took place about one day ago. Otherwise I have no idea what could cause this kind of error.

I have been also wondering if it is possible to downgrade my laptop back to Windows 8. Windows 10 is clearly a very unstable OS released in a hurry and I have encountered the most bizarre problems with it, including Sony Vegas Pro 13 not launching any more.

Thank you for helping in advance.

:)

eliasnieminen, Oct 31, 2015

2. USB port doesn't recognize anymore all devices

On a Microsoft Surface Pro 1 laptop (Win 10 fully up to date), the USB port doesn’t recognize all my USB sticks (only one works) or a mouse or external USB DVD device. The device manager tells me that it can not recognize the device (error 43). After uninstalling
    the driver and restart, the problem comes back. When I check my USB sticks as well as the DVD reader on another laptop (Dell E6410 Win 10), they all work correctly.

Any Idea?

Luc Arthur, Oct 31, 2015
  3. device descriptor request failed message

I am trying to connect an external dvd player to my laptop and when I plug it into the USB port I get the message USB device not recognized and device descriptor request failed. How do I get windows 10 to recognize the device, the device works fine on
    an older laptop with windows vista.

DavidJoines, Oct 31, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

My laptop (or Windows 10) stopped recognizing all USB-devices

If you can borrow a legacy PS/2 mouse and keyboard (with the round connectors), try connecting them to your computer before you switch it on. Then you should be able to use the mouse and keyboard (assuming your motherboard has PS/2 sockets, as most new models don't). Then try downloading latest chipset drivers from motherboard's manufacturer's site or directly from Intel. Install them and the USB should come to life. As for Sony Vegas Pro 13, try setting the shortcut at Windows 8 or 7 compatibility mode. Right-click, select Properties, then Compatibility. Check the box and set it to Windows 8 or Windows 7. Also check the Run as Administrator box. If still doesn't work you may have to uninstall it and reinstall it.

spapakons, Oct 31, 2015
Thema:

My laptop (or Windows 10) stopped recognizing all USB-devices

1. My laptop (or Windows 10) stopped recognizing all USB-devices - Similar Threads - laptop stopped recognizing

2. USB Device not recognized in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Device not recognized in Windows 10.: Hi! Can you please tell me why the windows is not recognizing my USB mouse whenever I plug in the mouse a warning pops up in the bottom left corner saying windows didnot recongized USB device .My USB mouse is working properly on other devices but not on my PC I have windows...
  3. USB Device not recognized in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Device not recognized in Windows 10.: Hi! Can you please tell me why the windows is not recognizing my USB mouse whenever I plug in the mouse a warning pops up in the bottom left corner saying windows didnot recongized USB device .My USB mouse is working properly on other devices but not on my PC I have windows...
  4. USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED ALL OF SUDDEN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED ALL OF SUDDEN: i have three computer with windows 10 , as of 10 hours ago22-2-2022 , all of sudden all three of the computer come together with problem usb device not recognized , all my mouse and keyboard are out of order. im sure it has to do with the windows update ! it has no problem...
  5. USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED ALL OF SUDDEN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED ALL OF SUDDEN: i have three computer with windows 10 , as of 10 hours ago22-2-2022 , all of sudden all three of the computer come together with problem usb device not recognized , all my mouse and keyboard are out of order. im sure it has to do with the windows update ! it has no problem...
  6. USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED ALL OF SUDDEN

7. All USB Devices Not Recognized

All USB Devices Not Recognized: I've had this ongoing issue for a few months. Anytime I plug in any USB device, Windows will not load drivers for them. Devices show up under "Other Devices" and The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28 There are no compatible drivers for this device....
  8. Windows 10: USB device Not recognized

Windows 10: USB device Not recognized: Hello Everyone, I was trying to connect my mobile phone to a laptop containing Windows 10. But the Windows always throws this error. [ATTACH] I have updated all the driver via Driver Booster 4 Software. I have also enabled USB Debugging on my mobile phone. Can anyone help...
  9. usb device not recognized in windows 10

usb device not recognized in windows 10: I have this new computer with windows 10 and it is not recognizing my USB devices. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-device-not-recognized-in-windows-10/e1df317b-e754-4e02-8686-36a60594fb49
  10. usb device not recognized in windows 10

usb device not recognized in windows 10: I bought a new computer with windows 10. It is not recognizing my USB devices when I plug them in. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-device-not-recognized-in-windows-10/45c7fda8-63cd-4d12-ae1a-66ecd9d7d613