Windows 10: My laptop refuses to hilbernate or sleep

Discus and support My laptop refuses to hilbernate or sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have tried many fixes online to make my laptop hilbernate or sleep, but it will not. Instead, it will get stuck in a weird state where the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by corruptdna, Feb 13, 2018.

1. My laptop refuses to hilbernate or sleep

I have tried many fixes online to make my laptop hilbernate or sleep, but it will not. Instead, it will get stuck in a weird state where the screen goes off, but the laptop is still on. I have to then tap the power button once to turn it off otherwise it will stay on until it runs out of battery or until i turn it off. After i start my laptop again, it asks to check my disk since it does not hilbernate properly. My only solution left is to do a clean install of windows 10, but it takes a lot of time and effort and i want to avoid that.

:)

corruptdna, Feb 13, 2018
  2. TonySobhy Win User

Shut down and restart

My windows 10 laptop refuses to shut down and refuses to restart. It only sleeps when I click on sleep button from the start menu and when I fold it. I haven’t tried to push the power button as I know that is not good.

TonySobhy, Feb 13, 2018
  3. won't sleep if Netflix is open

My laptop ignores the power settings when a Netflix tab is open. Even being on netflix.com/browse is enough to cause the problem. It will NOT sleep, even if a video is NOT playing. It refuses to sleep regardless of time or battery level.

The laptop will literally run itself down to 0% battery and crash.

This is ridiculous. I have searched through all of the power settings, I can't find any reason for this or any way to fix it. I'm even experimenting with a program called Sleep# (Sleep Sharp) to override the problem!

Please help!

laptop running Windows 10, Chrome browser

JamesLovell, Feb 13, 2018
  4. Winuser Win User

My laptop refuses to hilbernate or sleep

The times that I have had trouble with sleep it has always been because of the video card driver. Check the Dell site to see if a updated driver is available for your video card.

Winuser, Feb 13, 2018
  5. I recommend you check the nvidia/geforce website for updated drivers for your video card; if after downloading and updating it doesn't do anything, try booting into safe mode, open an elevated command prompt, and type in dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth, and if anything is found, try the same command but replace /scanhealth with /restorehealth

then do sfc /scannow, let it run and if it finds and fixes stuff, boot back into normal mode and try sleep mode again; if problem still persists, back into safe mode, boot up elevated command prompt, and type in chkdsk /f /r /scan, and if it asks you to schedule this for next boot up, say yes, and shutdown your computer (full shutdown, no fast shutdown) or restart, and let chkdsk do its thing.

Depending on the size of your OS Hard Drive, it will take time (mine is 2 TB, so it takes pretty much half a day to scan everything), so let it run, occupy yourself with anything, and after its done, try going into sleep mode again; if it STILL doesn't do anything, then either it might be a hardware problem (speculation, im usually wrong so take it with a grain of salt) or you will need to do a Repair Install to fix the sleep/hibernate problem

BrokenDaily, Feb 13, 2018
  6. Deployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.16299.15Error: 193An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located at C:\.For more information, review the log file.The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

corruptdna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

My laptop refuses to hilbernate or sleep

1. My laptop refuses to hilbernate or sleep - Similar Threads - laptop refuses hilbernate

2. My laptop refuse to hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop refuse to hibernate: Good day, my laptop refuse to hibernate after resetting my laptop with reset factory. How can i fix this. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-refuse-to-hibernate/fd886d6f-f83f-482a-8fdc-32f0d4eacab4
  3. My laptop refuse to hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop refuse to hibernate: Good day, my laptop refuse to hibernate after resetting my laptop with reset factory. How can i fix this. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-refuse-to-hibernate/fd886d6f-f83f-482a-8fdc-32f0d4eacab4
  4. My laptop refuse to hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop refuses to wake up from sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop refuses to wake up from sleep?: I am currently using a razer blade 15 advanced edition laptop which I purchased in november 2020. The machine is running windows 10 home edition. Around a week or so ago, I started having problems with the device not turning on after it went into sleep mode. I would try to...
  6. ASUS Laptop again refusing to sleep now due to mousecoreworker.exe

in Windows 10 Support
    ASUS Laptop again refusing to sleep now due to mousecoreworker.exe: I had fixed the sleep on this maybe a month or so ago. Had been sleeping great. Then I noticed it never sleeps anymore I ran powercfg /requests and the dreaded mousecoreworker.exe is running, related to windows update. So I stopped the service and forced it to sleep. This...
  7. My Windows Laptop refuses to activate

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Windows Laptop refuses to activate: My laptop was running sluggish so I thought I should save my data on my USB stick. Once the laptop had reset it Windows wasn't activated anymore. I was never given any product key to reactivate Windows and I am a bit stuck. Reply as soon as possible, Aiden...
  8. Both laptop and desktop refuse to enter sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Both laptop and desktop refuse to enter sleep mode.: I'm really at a loss here. I have three devices running Windows 10. One is a surface with integrated graphics that works fine. The other two are a laptop with an Nvidia GPU, and my desktop with an Nvidia GPU as well. The laptop and desktop simply refuse to enter sleep mode....
  9. Windows 10 refuses to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 refuses to sleep: Hi! I felt like I should re-open that thread here. I got an issue (on the pic attached). Anyone knows how to kill that beast? 2208
  10. My laptop does not hilbernate

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop does not hilbernate: Everytime i press hilbernate on my laptop, it seems to shutdown instead of hilbernating. I am running a Windows 10 Home on a Dell Inspiron 7559. This has become quite an issue since i lose most of my stuff im working on and is quite annoying not being able to hilbernate. 72025