Windows 10: My Laptop screen won't stop turning off :(

Discus and support My Laptop screen won't stop turning off :( in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've legit tried everything I can think of to fix this problem. My laptop screen refuses to stop turning off. I've changed all my power options to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by blackfairyqueen, Jul 21, 2016.

1. My Laptop screen won't stop turning off :(

I've legit tried everything I can think of to fix this problem. My laptop screen refuses to stop turning off. I've changed all my power options to Never for timeouts, for plugged in and not plugged in. I've went to the advanced settings for my power options and put never on all of them and nothing worked. I also made sure that my screensaver was moved to None instead of blank. And yet, every 10mins my computer screens goes black. This is a huge problem because I got to sleep with my computer plugged into my tv and I can't go to sleep without the noise and light from the screen. But after 10mins it always goes out. Now I did mess with a few things in the BIOs around the time this happend but I've already reverted those settings back to default and the problem still hasn't been solved. Not only that but somehow my computer restore points got deleted so I can't even go back to an older point in my computer before this started happening, which was about 2 weeks ago. Does anybody know what I can do to solve this.?? Its been driving me crazy

:)

blackfairyqueen, Jul 21, 2016

2. Windows 10 problems.

I have been experiencing some problems after I upgrade windows 8.1 to windows 10.

1)If I use my laptop more than one hour , when I try to turn it off the screen turns off but my switch on button indicates it's still on. It never goes dark until turn my laptop of forcefully(keep pressing power button for long).

2) If I leave my laptop doing nothing as usually the screen will sleep. But when I try to turn the screen back on, No matter what key I press it won't turn on. So I have turn it off forcefully again and turn it on.

3)If I have updates they won't download.

oshan mendis, Jul 21, 2016
  3. Unable to turn off full screen start menu and switching off tablet mode didn't work. Does anybody know if there is something else blocking it?

My laptop has switched to full screen start and I can't turn it off. I was accidentally on tablet mode but I've changed that and it still won't turn off the full screen. I've restarted a couple of times but no luck. Any other suggestions?

HelenMaddison, Jul 21, 2016
  4. My Laptop screen won't stop turning off :(

Also I have a Dell laptop, Windows 10

blackfairyqueen, Jul 21, 2016
Thema:

My Laptop screen won't stop turning off :(

1. My Laptop screen won't stop turning off :( - Similar Threads - Laptop screen won't

2. My laptop won't turn off or on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't turn off or on.: My laptop HP envy model 13 said it ran into an error and needed to restart. I think it might be a stopcode but I am not too sure. When my laptop reached 100% complete, it didnt turn on or off and has stated on the same blue screen for over an hour. I've tried turning it off...
  3. My laptop won't turn off or on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop won't turn off or on.: My laptop HP envy model 13 said it ran into an error and needed to restart. I think it might be a stopcode but I am not too sure. When my laptop reached 100% complete, it didnt turn on or off and has stated on the same blue screen for over an hour. I've tried turning it off...
  4. My laptop turned off during reset and now won't stop looping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turned off during reset and now won't stop looping: I reset my laptop last night due to I virus I presumed I got and it was going well until it got up to 50% it turned itself off and when I turned it back on it said it was on 0% so I charged it and waited until morning, I turn it back on and it opens up with it's usual screen...
  5. My laptop turned off during reset and now won't stop looping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop turned off during reset and now won't stop looping: I reset my laptop last night due to I virus I presumed I got and it was going well until it got up to 50% it turned itself off and when I turned it back on it said it was on 0% so I charged it and waited until morning, I turn it back on and it opens up with it's usual screen...
  6. Screen won't turn off or sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen won't turn off or sleep: My screen won't turn off or sleep even though the settings are set. It does occasionally turn off after 5 mins as set, but randomly comes back on. It will rarely sleep unless I use the power button and manually send it to sleep....
  7. My laptop screen turns off and won't turn on again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop screen turns off and won't turn on again: Hello, Often, when I don't touch my laptop, the screen turns off and doesn't come back on when I press a key or move the mouse. It is not on standby. Only the screen turns off. I have to turn off the pc by keeping the on / off button pressed for the screen to come back on....
  8. My Laptop screen turns off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop screen turns off: Hello Guys Yesterday I tried to change my Nvidia Graphic Settings Everything was working as well but today when I turned on my laptop and clicked onWindows logo in down left corner few seconds later my screen turned off, can you help me what should I do? By The Way I have...
  9. My screen saver won't turn on and my monitor won't turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My screen saver won't turn on and my monitor won't turn off: Hi. This used to work on this computer. Now I notice it doesn't. Windows 10 running on a laptop. All cords are unplugged except for power cord. Monitor is set in settings to turn off after 3 minutes currently. With screen saver set to turn on after 2 minutes....
  10. Laptop screen not turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop screen not turning off: Hi, i have a problem with turning my screen off. I have a button for screen off on the computer and it does nothing. I can normally change the brightness of the screen, and use other buttons, just the f7 for turning screen off is not working. For now, i changed the function...