Windows 10: My Laptop screen won't stop turning off :(

Discus and support My Laptop screen won't stop turning off :( in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've legit tried everything I can think of to fix this problem. My laptop screen refuses to stop turning off. I've changed all my power options to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by blackfairyqueen, Jul 21, 2016.

1. My Laptop screen won't stop turning off :(

I've legit tried everything I can think of to fix this problem. My laptop screen refuses to stop turning off. I've changed all my power options to Never for timeouts, for plugged in and not plugged in. I've went to the advanced settings for my power options and put never on all of them and nothing worked. I also made sure that my screensaver was moved to None instead of blank. And yet, every 10mins my computer screens goes black. This is a huge problem because I got to sleep with my computer plugged into my tv and I can't go to sleep without the noise and light from the screen. But after 10mins it always goes out. Now I did mess with a few things in the BIOs around the time this happend but I've already reverted those settings back to default and the problem still hasn't been solved. Not only that but somehow my computer restore points got deleted so I can't even go back to an older point in my computer before this started happening, which was about 2 weeks ago. Does anybody know what I can do to solve this.?? Its been driving me crazy

:)

blackfairyqueen, Jul 21, 2016

2. Windows 10 problems.

I have been experiencing some problems after I upgrade windows 8.1 to windows 10.

1)If I use my laptop more than one hour , when I try to turn it off the screen turns off but my switch on button indicates it's still on. It never goes dark until turn my laptop of forcefully(keep pressing power button for long).

2) If I leave my laptop doing nothing as usually the screen will sleep. But when I try to turn the screen back on, No matter what key I press it won't turn on. So I have turn it off forcefully again and turn it on.

3)If I have updates they won't download.

oshan mendis, Jul 21, 2016
  3. Unable to turn off full screen start menu and switching off tablet mode didn't work. Does anybody know if there is something else blocking it?

My laptop has switched to full screen start and I can't turn it off. I was accidentally on tablet mode but I've changed that and it still won't turn off the full screen. I've restarted a couple of times but no luck. Any other suggestions?

HelenMaddison, Jul 21, 2016
  4. My Laptop screen won't stop turning off :(

Also I have a Dell laptop, Windows 10

blackfairyqueen, Jul 21, 2016
Thema:

My Laptop screen won't stop turning off :(

1. My Laptop screen won't stop turning off :( - Similar Threads - Laptop screen won't

2. My laptop shut off and won't turn back on.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop shut off and won't turn back on.: I'm having this issue where I'm just watching this random video on YouTube and talking to people and all of a sudden it says locking in the middle of the screen and starts shutting down or doing something. I was worried this might have been some bug so I held the power button...
  3. laptop screen getting turn off

laptop screen getting turn off: hi, i am facing an issue on my windows 10 laptop where when i plug in my charger, the display gets turned off. This doesn't happen all the time so its randomly happens. Also the same issue when there is sudden power cut, it turns display off. this all is random as i said...
  4. screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off: any form of turn off or timeout for the screen makes it refuse to turn back on ex : sleep , screen timeout , leaving it for a few minutes after restart and it even prevents sleep , the power button should indicate that the pc is asleep when it is , now it doesn't...
  5. Computer screen won't turn off and won't go to sleep

Computer screen won't turn off and won't go to sleep: I have been looking all over the internet for help to figure out why my computer won't turn off the screen after a given amount of time, and also why it won't go to sleep after the given amount of time, I have reinstalled windows, checked my USB devices, and to no prevail can...
  6. Windows 10 Stopped Turning Off My Screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Stopped Turning Off My Screens: I am unsure of when but Windows 10 has stopped turning off my monitors after a specified time. I don't have anything special plugged into my USB ports. Just my KB and M. I really don't want to have to do a reinstall of my system just to fix this. Please any help would be...
  7. Turn off the laptop screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off the laptop screen: Is there a way to turn off the laptop screen (Win10) when connected to an external monitor and leave the laptop on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-the-laptop-screen/a831a9b7-e2a1-4e60-8d2d-6e2f70cb5f67
  8. Laptop screen not turning off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop screen not turning off.: For some reason, the laptop that I had Windows 8.1 installed in last will not turn off after five or so minutes, like I had set it. This can be a huge drawback, because the laptop might be running on battery power and having the screen constantly on drains it. This usually...
  9. My laptop screen turns off then back on after the log-in screen

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop screen turns off then back on after the log-in screen: Hi! I reinstalled windows the day before yesterday and since then every time I turn my laptop on after entering my password the screen turns off for like 2 seconds then turns back on. This have never happened to me before. I tried putting my old windows back via Macrium...
  10. My laptop turns off the screen in 2 - 3 minutes.

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop turns off the screen in 2 - 3 minutes.: This is fairly new behavior. I had changed power options to turn off the screen from 2 hours down to 1 hour when this began. What have I done wrong? I only use the laptop plugged in so I didn't change the battery part of the power option. 99810