Windows 10: My laptop seems to keep freezing up when I perform certain actions

Discus and support My laptop seems to keep freezing up when I perform certain actions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, all, I've been having an issue over the past two or three weeks. What keeps happening is that at first my laptop's wifi turns off, and maybe 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NishEC, Apr 22, 2017.

1. NishEC Win User

My laptop seems to keep freezing up when I perform certain actions

Hello, all,
    I've been having an issue over the past two or three weeks. What keeps happening is that at first my laptop's wifi turns off, and maybe 10 or 15 seconds later my whole laptop just freezes, forcing me to have to restart it.
    At first, this happened just once. I was playing League of Legends, and the issue just happened. I assumed it was because of the game and restarted. The issue did not happen again for a few days, then happened again when I was playing League of Legends.
    After this, it happened every time I opened a game of League of Legends. I contacted support from the game, and made some fixes. I assumed that this resolved the issue.
    However, just now, the issue happened twice. I was talking with a friend on Skype and it froze. I restarted, and after ten minutes, it froze again in the same manner. I realized that this issue reoccurred every time I started a skype call; we would talk for half a minute and then my internet connection would shut off, and my laptop would freeze.
    My laptop is almost a year old and I haven't made any downloads or anything of the sort recently. What could be the cause of this issue and how should I go about fixing it?
    I'm running Windows 10 and I updated to the Creator's Update just a few hours ago, if that helps.

Thanks!

:)

NishEC, Apr 22, 2017
  2. Beccafay Win User

Laptop freezing and running slowly when on Netflix

I tried everything and nothing seemed to work for very long. The troubleshooting said "no changes or updates were necessary". What should I do know? I'm trying to work on my laptop for school but it keeps freezing even when I'm not on Netflix or anything
    else. My laptop has only very recently started to freeze up.

Beccafay, Apr 22, 2017
  3. my laptop keep freezing and restart when i watching videos on youtube

Which Antivirus utility are you using?

Press Windows key + X

Click Event Viewer

Expand Windows Logs

Click System

Select the most recent error report then copy and paste in a reply here.

Things you can try.

uninstall your display driver then restart

Boot to the Windows 10 desktop

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Display adapters

Right click the current display adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager

Restart

You can also try resetting your BIOS:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/reset-pc-bios-...

Andre Da Costa, Apr 22, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, please provide a screenshot of
    - your task manager in typical usage when you might encounter a freeze
    - your page file settings

Please download and run Hard Drive Sentinel (trial) and post the result.

If that passes, please then
    From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.

Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

Please provide a screenshot of Disk Management
    (Win key + X, Disk Management)
    clearly showing how much free space you have on C:

Then run a RAM test:
    4 Free Memory Test Programs (Updated April 2017)
    and post the result.

Please post a screenshot of your Reliability History (type Reli in Cortana's search field) and advise on any red x's as to what they are.

There is no one answer to freezes. Could be hardware, could be a driver, could be a software conflict or bug. Usually there is no relevant log report.

dalchina, Apr 22, 2017
  5. itsme1 Win User
    Your internet connection is in private?

Édit: with the new update creator look at your internet connections...Mine was on public by default.

itsme1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My laptop seems to keep freezing up when I perform certain actions - Similar Threads - laptop seems keep

2. PC keeps on freezing completely when playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps on freezing completely when playing certain games: When I play certain games, which are pretty high graphic, my pc freezes completely. I cant type anything, i can sometimes hear the audio but sometimes it just stops, and I have to shut it down by pressing the power button. Sometimes when it freezes it has the sound of a usb...
  3. PC keeps on freezing completely when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps on freezing completely when playing certain games: When I play certain games, which are pretty high graphic, my pc freezes completely. I cant type anything, i can sometimes hear the audio but sometimes it just stops, and I have to shut it down by pressing the power button. Sometimes when it freezes it has the sound of a usb...
  4. PC keeps on freezing completely when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can only perform *certain* actions with mouse/trackpad/keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can only perform *certain* actions with mouse/trackpad/keyboard: Hi. I have a Surface 5, which I am now considering returning. At certain points random, as far as I can tell I enter into a state where I can only perform certain actions, and always the same actions; i.e. I can exit a program, but I can't click other desktop icons in task...
  6. Can only perform *certain* actions with mouse/trackpad/keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can only perform *certain* actions with mouse/trackpad/keyboard: Hi. I have a Surface 5, which I am now considering returning. At certain points random, as far as I can tell I enter into a state where I can only perform certain actions, and always the same actions; i.e. I can exit a program, but I can't click other desktop icons in task...
  7. Certain keys on my keyboard type random letters or perform random actions and I have no...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Certain keys on my keyboard type random letters or perform random actions and I have no...: Some of my keys are doing things theyre not supposed to. For instance, my backspace key types random letters or scrolls to the bottom of the page, my delete key types a random assortment of the characters [ ] - and 9. Space types random letters, k adds a semicolon and hits...
  8. Cursor jumping around when performing certain actions

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor jumping around when performing certain actions: Hello I have a problem where my mouse cursor jump around all over the place when I click on certain things. For example: When I have windows open on both screens and I minimize one, the cursor jumps to the other screen When I click on start button the cursor jumps to the...
  9. Weird problem when performing actions

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird problem when performing actions: Hi, whenever I click Taskbar Settings, Display Settings, Network & Internet Settings, Personalize, etc., a CMD window of RegAsm.exe opens and closes. Nothing happens. I just did sfc /scannow and reported no integrity violation. I also have done DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  10. Weird problem when performing actions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird problem when performing actions: Hi, whenever I click Taskbar Settings, Display Settings, Network & Internert Settings, Personalize, etc., a CMD window of RegAsm.exe opens and closes. Nothing happens. Just did sfc /scannow and reported no integrity violation. submitted by /u/xoa3 [link] [comments]...