Windows 10: My laptop was showing critical process died but after installing of new is or upgrade from...

Discus and support My laptop was showing critical process died but after installing of new is or upgrade from... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop was showing critical process died but after installing of new or upgrade from windows 8 to 10.Will there be any such issues in the future..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by winkigreen, Jul 16, 2018.

1. My laptop was showing critical process died but after installing of new is or upgrade from...

My laptop was showing critical process died but after installing of new or upgrade from windows 8 to 10.Will there be any such issues in the future..

My laptop was showing critical process died when i clicked the delete file instead of ignore which was shown by my antivirus as a threat.

So it happened like this

I wanted to know whether the problem is solved or not

Its about 1 year since i changed from windows 8 to 10. .it didn't showed me again till now

:)

winkigreen, Jul 16, 2018
  2. singh Win User

Critical Process Died on windows 10 setup

Ive just opened event viewer as you suggested but I cant seem to find any error that says "critical process died"
    My laptop was showing critical process died but after installing of new is or upgrade from... [​IMG]

I have attached a screenshot of the event viewer. I have scrolled to the bottom to where it first booted up.

Ive downloaded the software you sent the link for but I'm not sure how to use it as nothing shows up when I load it.

singh, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Critical Process Died - on new Windows 10 laptop

Hi Niranjan,

Thanks so much for your help. I did reboot the computer and it is OK, at least so far. But the blue screen suggested I search for "Critical Process Died" and I got very worried about this issue, based on the few pages I read.

Since this is a brand-new computer (few months old) I'm doubly concerned. I bought this laptop to replace an older one which would blue-screen nearly every day.

Here are the answers to your questions:

• I haven't gotten the bluescreen error since last night when it forced me to restart the computer.
    • I can boot the computer to desktop?
    • I've made no changes to this computer recently. Any Windows updates are installed as soon as they're available, though.
    • I don't use Internet Explorer (I use Chrome) and only got the bluescreen error the once, so I don't know if using IE helps.
    • I have Kaspersky installed.
    I don't have much software running at the same time on this computer, and I wasn't using any software, except Kaspersky, when I got the "Critical Process Died" error. I'm a web designer and social media manager, and am often editing WordPress sites with
    it, on Tweetdeck, or just visiting websites. I do often have a number of tabs open in Chrome. I don't usually push the limits of the memory or processor.

After I got the bluescreen and "Critical Process Died" error, I restarted the computer and it was (I guess) OK since then. But I'm just hoping that it doesn't recur. Is this the sort of thing that would recur quickly if there was some damage to the computer?

I would like to follow all your steps but am a little confused. I can restart in safe mode, but am not sure what issue I'm checking for to see if it persists? I have gotten the bluescreen with the warning just once. It's been OK since, but I'm nervous that
    some damage has been done to my computer. It's an almost new laptop bought in October, so this is a big concern to me.

I did update the drivers, etc. -- thanks for the suggestion.

Really appreciate your help.

best regards,

Denise

DeniseBham, Jul 16, 2018
  4. My laptop was showing critical process died but after installing of new is or upgrade from...

Critical Process Died Error

Recently while using the internet my computer experienced a BSOD which listed the Critical Process Died as the error. Before this happened my computer kept popping up with a message I believe was saying that the display adapter driver crashed and then was recovered. It should also be mentioned that I recently upgraded my system with a new graphics card, after my old one died, and with a new case. That was my first time ever doing something like that, so I wouldn't be surprised if that could be a problem.

Sixthdaemonfox, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

My laptop was showing critical process died but after installing of new is or upgrade from...

1. My laptop was showing critical process died but after installing of new is or upgrade from... - Similar Threads - laptop was showing

2. Laptop in a Critical process died loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop in a Critical process died loop: Hey guys I have an asus tuf a15 laptop that I’ve had for about a year and a half and this is the second time this has happened.I would get a few random BSOD messages and they would get more and more frequent until one day I got one and that laptop wouldn’t boot back into...
  3. Laptop in a Critical process died loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop in a Critical process died loop: Hey guys I have an asus tuf a15 laptop that I’ve had for about a year and a half and this is the second time this has happened.I would get a few random BSOD messages and they would get more and more frequent until one day I got one and that laptop wouldn’t boot back into...
  4. My laptop shows blue window indicating critical process died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop shows blue window indicating critical process died: I have issues with my laptop. It's shows blue screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-shows-blue-window-indicating-critical/87d6cca7-8331-4a95-bf82-73aafc2fe6f2
  5. Critical Process Died After Fresh Windows Install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical Process Died After Fresh Windows Install: Out of nowhere this morning I started getting "critical process died" blue screen of death error. Interestingly the computer would reset but not boot back into windows but instead launched into bios. I would have to press the power off button and turn it back on to get back...
  6. Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical Process Died: So I recently got this, and and it would restart the computer, but I’d turn it off and on before it could restart so it would go back to my main screen, but today I just let it go all the way through and now it’s making me reinstall windows 10 with the product key. It’s been...
  7. Critical Process Died

Critical Process Died: I can't start the computer, I always get the blue screen with the stop code critical process died. I tried restoring the system but it asked to turn on protection for the disk. I tried to do so through commands (net start vss, rstrui) and even though I was allowed to choose a...
  8. Windows critical process died after ram upgrade

Windows critical process died after ram upgrade: So in my acer laptop, i just upgraded 1 4gb ram stick to 2 sticks but after that i checked that pc has recognised the ram its showing 8 gb but then it does not start but showing me the results as Critical processing died. I can't even go in safe mode when i restart its just...
  9. Critical process died

Critical process died: I receive the issue Critical process died after each booting. I can not roll back to the restore point because I get the same error. The Safe Mode didn’t help either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died/4cbc9ee9-0a1b-4c14-a983-1881d5d2e2ef
  10. Critical process died after returning from sleep

Critical process died after returning from sleep: I received a new Acer laptop last week. I decided to install a fresh version of Windows 10 using the medica creation tool and a USB. After successfully doing this and installing available updates I found the laptop started to crash with a BSoD and either the...