Windows 10: My Laptop will no longer use wifi

Discus and support My Laptop will no longer use wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After dealing with what I believe was a scammer and uninstalling a download called file converter and shutting off my laptop it will not recognize or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RonaldLawson1, Jul 5, 2018.

1. My Laptop will no longer use wifi

After dealing with what I believe was a scammer and uninstalling a download called file converter and shutting off my laptop it will not recognize or use it's wifi abilities. I've never had this problem before and a wireless connection is the only thing it's ever used. I didn't give my log on info out nor did I long on to anything during this ordeal. I keep going into the control panel and doing everything I can think of to correct my settings but nothing is working.

:)

RonaldLawson1, Jul 5, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 11, 2018
  3. karyeowl Win User
    Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Nov 11, 2018
  4. My Laptop will no longer use wifi

Wifi no longer working(displaying)

Seems like this is a hardware issue. Your laptop is no longer detecting the wife adapter... physically!

What you can do:

• If you are using an internal (onboard) wireless adapter, i suggest you contact the laptop manufacturer to, possibly, get a replacement.
    • Or if you are using an external (normally USB-type) adapter, you may need to verify that adapter by connecting it to a different computer. Then, check the Device Manager if that adapter is physically being detected. If not, then it is busted! If it gets
      detected though, then there is a problem on the USB slot of your laptop. Try another USB slot.

Master_Thovy, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

My Laptop will no longer use wifi

1. My Laptop will no longer use wifi - Similar Threads - Laptop longer wifi

2. Unable to use internet on my laptop at a specific WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use internet on my laptop at a specific WiFi: Hi, I have a HP laptop running Windows 11. I am able to connect to various wifi networks and browse internet at any places, but I'm unable to use internet at my home. I am able to see the network and connect to it using the password, but not able to browse the internet. I can...
  3. My Laptop will no longer connect to my working Wifi network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop will no longer connect to my working Wifi network.: I use an HP Elitebook 840 GS laptop, which runs on windows 11 at the current latest version. Seemingly out of nowhere yesterday, my computer stopped connecting to Wifi on any network entirely. Wifi no longer shows up as an option at all on my device in settings, and the only...
  4. My Laptop will no longer connect to my working Wifi network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop will no longer connect to my working Wifi network.: I use an HP Elitebook 840 GS laptop, which runs on windows 11 at the current latest version. Seemingly out of nowhere yesterday, my computer stopped connecting to Wifi on any network entirely. Wifi no longer shows up as an option at all on my device in settings, and the only...
  5. I cant use wifi of my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant use wifi of my laptop.: Hi,I have a old laptop. I do some stuff in it. So, i open it regularly. But, when i opened it today, I cant use my wifi. I cant even see the wifi option. I meed some help about it.Note: As, i have an old laptop. It doesn't have an wifi chip or card. So, i use an network...
  6. I cant use wifi of my laptop.

I cant use wifi of my laptop.: Hi,I have a old laptop. I do some stuff in it. So, i open it regularly. But, when i opened it today, I cant use my wifi. I cant even see the wifi option. I meed some help about it.Note: As, i have an old laptop. It doesn't have an wifi chip or card. So, i use an network...
  7. My microsoft account on a laptop I no longer use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft account on a laptop I no longer use: there are several other computers from where I used to work that I set up for the company and all have my Microsoft account attached to them at start up. How do I go about deleting them? I have deleted the account but will still be accessible for 60 more days.Yes, the...
  8. My microsoft account on a laptop I no longer use

My microsoft account on a laptop I no longer use: there are several other computers from where I used to work that I set up for the company and all have my Microsoft account attached to them at start up. How do I go about deleting them? I have deleted the account but will still be accessible for 60 more days.Yes, the...
  9. My microsoft account on a laptop I no longer use

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Use my laptop as a wifi AP?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use my laptop as a wifi AP?: I use wired ethernet on my laptop, so the wireless goes unused. Thus, I'm wondering if it's possible to set up my laptop as an AP, so that devices like my smartphone can get a better signal when plugged in for charging. 18144