Windows 10: My Laptop will not sleep. It's an Acer Aspire 5250 Series

Discus and support My Laptop will not sleep. It's an Acer Aspire 5250 Series in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Laptop will not sleep. It's an Acer Aspire 5250 Series Laptop. Below is the screenshot of the issues that I have ran and found from Command Prompt.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Aug 13, 2015.

1. My Laptop will not sleep. It's an Acer Aspire 5250 Series

My Laptop will not sleep. It's an Acer Aspire 5250 Series Laptop. Below is the screenshot of the issues that I have ran and found from Command Prompt.

My Laptop will not sleep. It's an Acer Aspire 5250 Series [​IMG]

:)

Jesse Williams, Aug 13, 2015

2. My Laptop won't sleep. It's an Acer Aspire 5250 Series

My Laptop is not working. It's an Acer Aspire 5250 Series Laptop. Below is the screenshot of what Command Prompt has found. Please help!

Jesse.Williams, Aug 13, 2015
  3. My Laptop won't sleep. It's an Acer Aspire 5250 Series

Hi Jessi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Since when did the issue started happening?

• Have you made any changes in hardware or software after the Windows 10 upgrade?

• What do you mean by My laptop won’t sleep?

• Have you tried Hibernate option? If yes, what is the status?

• Can you find any error message or error code on the screen?

I suggest you to check in safe mode and perform a clean boot.

Method 1:

Step 1:

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking and perform the Clean Boot.

• Press and hold the shift key
      while clicking on Restart at the login Screen (Bottom right corner).

• Select Troubleshootand click on
      Advanced Options.

• Select Startup Settings and click on
      Restart.

• After restarting, choose Enable Safe mode with networking.
    If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode, then perform a Clean Boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Step 2:

Put the computer in Clean Boot and check if it helps.

By setting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a Clean Boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After Clean Boot troubleshooting step, refer to "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with Clean Boot" from the article.

Please reply with the details and updated status. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 13, 2015
  4. My Laptop will not sleep. It's an Acer Aspire 5250 Series

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 13, 2015
  5. Okay. I did that. Now what?

Jesse Williams, Aug 14, 2015
  6. amps9 Win User
    the e-command lesson shows what is waking you up. <br>I learned that it was my wifi network board. <br>
    my wdtv could have transmitted to it. the guy within range of my signal may have tried to hack into my wifi. who knows.
    from the computer lesson, I learned that I could go into device manager and tell my wifi card not to wake me up. the option is under power management.<br>let me know

amps9, Aug 14, 2015
  7. It doesn't have a problem waking up. It just won't go into sleep mode.

8. sn00ker Win User

My Laptop will not sleep. It's an Acer Aspire 5250 Series

Hi ... Are you saying the setting under Power & Sleep are set to sleep and it doesn't ? And, also Additional Power Settings ?

sn00ker, Aug 14, 2015
  9. Yes. Everything is set for it to go to sleep automatically, but it will not sleep. It just sits there idle. The screen goes to sleep, but the hard drive does not.

10. amps9 Win User
    ok, my win10 doesn't even give me the option of "sleep". I have HIBERNATE and RESTART and SHUT DOWN
    how do you get a SLEEP option?

amps9, Aug 14, 2015
  11. I am not sure why yours doesn't have a sleep option, but mine does. Also, all computers are supposed to go to sleep automatically to save power unless you have your computer set to not save power or go to sleep.

12. sn00ker Win User
    sn00ker, Aug 14, 2015
  13. My Laptop will not sleep. It's an Acer Aspire 5250 Series

Acer said that a lot of people are having issues with other Acer computers going to sleep since the upgrade to Windows 10. I will check what you sent me and see what I can find.

14. sn00ker Win User
    Well if that's the case you can sure bet Acer and Microsoft will be chatting a lot until they can get a fix

sn00ker, Aug 14, 2015
  15. This seemed to have fixed the issue. By unchecking "Allow the device to wake the computer". I will keep everyone in this thread posted if the problem comes back.

Thema:

My Laptop will not sleep. It's an Acer Aspire 5250 Series

1. My Laptop will not sleep. It's an Acer Aspire 5250 Series - Similar Threads - Laptop sleep Acer

2. My Acer laptop Aspire E5-411 series had power is on but display screen is not open just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Acer laptop Aspire E5-411 series had power is on but display screen is not open just...: My Acer laptop Aspire E5-411 series had power is on but display screen is not open just black,So how to fix it? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-acer-laptop-aspire-e5-411-series-had-power-is/7b55f3da-a9a3-4a67-be9a-c83406833f12
  3. My Acer laptop Aspire E5-411 series had power is on but display screen is not open just...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Acer laptop Aspire E5-411 series had power is on but display screen is not open just...: My Acer laptop Aspire E5-411 series had power is on but display screen is not open just black,So how to fix it? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-acer-laptop-aspire-e5-411-series-had-power-is/7b55f3da-a9a3-4a67-be9a-c83406833f12
  4. Laptop Acer Aspire E14 freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Acer Aspire E14 freezes: Good Morning,I changed the hard drive of an Acer Aspire E14 with a 240GB SSD. The laptop had windows 8.1 but with this SSD I did a clean install of Windows 10. I installed successfully and the pc works, but when I try to connect to wifi/lan it freezes. I tried to update the...
  5. Laptop Acer Aspire E14 freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Acer Aspire E14 freezes: Good Morning,I changed the hard drive of an Acer Aspire E14 with a 240GB SSD. The laptop had windows 8.1 but with this SSD I did a clean install of Windows 10. I installed successfully and the pc works, but when I try to connect to wifi/lan it freezes. I tried to update the...
  6. Laptop Acer Aspire E14 freezes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Acer aspire

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer aspire: hey so I was using my laptop the other day and I got a notification saying to restart so it could do a drive repair, I turned off my laptop and restarted the next day and now it is stuck in a blue error screen, the error that pops up is "critical process died", when I try to...
  8. Acer aspire takes long to sleep and is unusable until it fully sleeps.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Acer aspire takes long to sleep and is unusable until it fully sleeps.: Recently my Acer aspire 5 A515-43-R started taking up to 2 minutes to sleep after closing the laptop. The screen completely turns off, but the indicator light says it's on. If I open the laptop it stays off. I am unable to use it until the light turns orange. At that point...
  9. Acer aspire e15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer aspire e15: Why does my computer shut down my display when I plug in my battery charger. This has only happened since the latest Windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/acer-aspire-e15/9ebf7904-9876-4dfe-b7e9-524aa57e3f9d
  10. Acer Aspire 5250 - BSOD Kernel Auto Boost Lock with Raised IRQL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer Aspire 5250 - BSOD Kernel Auto Boost Lock with Raised IRQL: So, I was chatting with Microsoft about an issue with OneDrive, and all of a sudden my computer crashes. The error says "KERNEL AUTO BOOST LOCK WITH RAISED IRQL". I have included the dump log in this thread. Can someone please what tell me what happened? Attachment...