Windows 10: My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!!

Discus and support My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; i have an asus x550lc which i recently upgraded to windows 10 x64. My pc is having a serious problem. it wont shutdown or sleep or restart properly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by The Magician, Sep 15, 2015.

1. My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!!

i have an asus x550lc which i recently upgraded to windows 10 x64. My pc is having a serious problem. it wont shutdown or sleep or restart properly. Sometimes it works all fine but most of the time after i shutdown or sleep the pc... the pc will turn off the screen and the power button's light is on!! PLEASE healp me out!!*Sad

:)

The Magician, Sep 15, 2015

2. Laptop freezes, have to force shutdown.

Original title: my laptop wont shutdown.

I go through the process and it freezes so i have to a force shutdown, even if try to put it sleep

CarolWringe, Sep 15, 2015
  3. Shutdown/Restart issue.

I'm unable to shut down or restart my laptop.

My laptop is just ignoring the command. It goes to sleep. But shutdown or restart is a problem.

Please Help.

Akshay Chandan, Sep 15, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!!

Hi Magician and welcome to Tenforums.

Please have a look at this, and see if it helps. Turn Off Fast Startup.

simrick, Sep 16, 2015
  5. I tried doing that but I don't have any option like that!
    My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!! [​IMG]
    !

The Magician, Sep 16, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    Oh my! That's strange. Are you able to you make these changes?
    on battery/ plugged inWhen I press the Power Button shutdown/ shutdown When I press the sleep button sleep/ sleep When I close the lid hibernate/ hibernate
    Shutdown/start up.

Note: If you disable hibernate, then it will also disable fast startup.

simrick, Sep 16, 2015
  7. I've tried turning off hibernate using dos as well!!

8. simrick Win User

That's got me stumped. *Huh

simrick, Sep 16, 2015
  9. found something new... when I command the pc to restart it shuts down and sometimes restarts as well, but when I command shutdown, black screen, I need to press the power button to turn it off completely!!

10. yeah... me too... I've looked at almost all the solutions to this problem on the web I guess!!

11. simrick Win User
    Have you disabled Hibernate? If so, please enable it, then see if it's available (Fast Startup) through the settings like your screenshots.

simrick, Sep 16, 2015
  12. ok... I don't know how but I got the fastboot option *Biggrin

13. My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!!

turning on the fast start up has sloved the issue!!!! My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!! :p

14. simrick Win User
    YAY!! *Dinesh*Dinesh*Dinesh

So glad to hear it! *Thumbs Please go ahead and mark the thread as solved in the upper-left.

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!! - Similar Threads - Laptop wont shutdown

2. Windows wont Shutdown or Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wont Shutdown or Sleep: I want to apologize if this comes off as a jumbled mess. It's an odd issue that I am very confused about. Any advice is greatly appreciated.When I go to shutdown PC inside of Windows 11, the computer shuts down like normal and then stays off around 3 seconds and powers itself...
  3. Windows wont Shutdown or Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows wont Shutdown or Sleep: I want to apologize if this comes off as a jumbled mess. It's an odd issue that I am very confused about. Any advice is greatly appreciated.When I go to shutdown PC inside of Windows 11, the computer shuts down like normal and then stays off around 3 seconds and powers itself...
  4. PC wont shutdown or sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC wont shutdown or sleep: After I reinstalled windows it wont shutdown or sleep, only monitor turns off but power supply and everything else remains on and I have to shut it down by holding power button. I updated my drivers and windows and tried to disable fast startup but that doesnt work.I ran...
  5. PC wont shutdown or sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wont shutdown or sleep: After I reinstalled windows it wont shutdown or sleep, only monitor turns off but power supply and everything else remains on and I have to shut it down by holding power button. I updated my drivers and windows and tried to disable fast startup but that doesnt work.I ran...
  6. PC wont shutdown or sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Laptop automatically restart whenever shutdown/sleep.

Laptop automatically restart whenever shutdown/sleep.: Pls help. My 6 month laptop restart automatically when ever I put it in shut down/sleep. This happen only working in battery only. If I plugged in and try to shut it down or sleep it will work like normal without any restarting issue. Till this day I didn't installed or...
  8. My laptop can't shutdown/sleep/hibernate, only restarts

My laptop can't shutdown/sleep/hibernate, only restarts: Hello! I've been having this problem where my laptop can't shutdown. If I press shutdown, it only restarts. If I press sleep, it restarts too, same with hibernate. For now I just force shutdown my laptop by pressing and holding the power button. Please help. My laptop's...
  9. HP ENVY laptop wont shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP ENVY laptop wont shutdown/restart: this is driving me nuts, but recently my computer will not shutdown. i get the normal shutdown screen, then my display goes black but the light on the power button never goes out. it will force shutdown if i hold down the power button. tried to restart instead and it just...
  10. Windows wont shutdown or restart

Windows wont shutdown or restart: Hello, I am currently running a new Windows 10 education edition install after my last one suddenly died. Now my current problem is that no matter the method of trying to shutdown my computer through windows its just gets stuck. Trying to shut down via the start menu doesn't...