Windows 10: My latest BSOD, KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE

Discus and support My latest BSOD, KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, this is the first in what may be a series of postings here to track down issues that I am having. I don't know if the log collector exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Superjudge, Sep 9, 2015.

1. My latest BSOD, KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE

Hello all, this is the first in what may be a series of postings here to track down issues that I am having. I don't know if the log collector exe accesses Event Viewer Logs or not but I apologize in advance if there is not enough data to diagnose a problem. As there were several hundred errors and warnings showing up and I just wanted to focus first on my latest issues so I cleared it before finding this forum.
    Just to help address a few questions you might already have.

I have updated all of the drivers for my motherboard (ASUS Maximus VII Hero) from the ASUS website to Windows 10 drivers.
    I have applied the latest BIOS that was supposed to address stability issues from the ASUS website.
    I am not overclocking the CPU or GPU on the system but the RAM XMP profile is applied to get the ram clock speed to the listed speed of 2666 MHz.
    I have run memtest86 on the memory both in dual and single configurations each at 9 passes with no errors.
    I have run the last week with no BSOD.
    I was playing Diablo 3 and using Teamspeak 3 when the last error occurred.

Thank you in advance for your time.

:)

Superjudge, Sep 9, 2015
  2. uyt.95 Win User

BSOD: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when waking up from sleep

When I wake up my laptop from sleep it sometimes goes into a BSOD with the code KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE. This doesn't happen everytime, but it usually does at least once a day.

My laptop is a HP ProBook 650 G1 with following specs:

• Intel Core i5
    • 4GB RAM
    • AMD Radeon HD 8750M
    • Intel HD 4600
    • SSD

The problems persist even after I did a clean install. I tried checking the memory and the disk but they passed the tests. I also updated the drivers and Windows 10 is up to date.

The minidump gave me the following info:

*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sys

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiFastFailDispatch+d0 )

Below are the most recent minidumps and an event file. The events are almost identical every time except for the timing.

Example Event XML

Minidump 1Minidump 2

This is all I could come up with myself, any ideas?

UPDATE:

Drivers

System info

uyt.95, Sep 9, 2015
  3. Blue Screen of death after Windows 10 Anniversary update

Using a Dell Alien came with windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10 in June 2016. I never had an issue with the system before the migration to Windows 10. Microsoft should financially compensate the owners for releasing a product that has so many problems.

Installed several updates from Windows and since then been getting BSOD for Stopcode " Kernel_Security check failure".

I have seen other posts for same failures.

Bill Brewer, Sep 9, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

My latest BSOD, KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE

Hi Superjudge,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Before we continue, please make sure driver verifier has been resetted.
    • Open admin command prompt
    • Enter "verifier/reset" (without quotes)

The cause of the crash from driver verifier is Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.
    Please update MBAE from here.
    You most likely can install it over top of the curren installation, meaning you don't have to remove it first to install a newer version.
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm mbae64start end module name fffff801`3e3c0000 fffff801`3e3cd780 mbae64 (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: mbae64.sys Image path: \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit\mbae64.sys Image name: mbae64.sys Timestamp: Mon Sep 08 20:27:15 2014 (540DF503) CheckSum: 00013E60 ImageSize: 0000D780 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

axe0, Sep 9, 2015
  5. Thank you axe0 for the very prompt reply. I honestly wasn't expecting one so soon. I have taken the appropriate steps outlined above to address this issue. What would be the recommended amount of time to determine if this particular issue has been cleared up before marking this issue as solved? Thank you again for your assistance.

Superjudge, Sep 10, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Try to reproduce the BSOD.
    If you are unable to reproduce the BSOD wait a few days to be sure it is gone.
    If you are able to reproduce the BSOD, or get a new BSOD, use the tool and upload the zip file.

You're welcome *Smile

7. Alright, looks like we are exactly a week later. The BSOD presented with same issue, KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE.

I have attached a zip file that was created using BSODInspector.exe. Thank you in advance for any assistance and please let me know if you would need anything else from me.

Superjudge, Sep 16, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

The dumps are from 6 days ago.

Please check {windows partition}\windows\minidump and check if there are any more recent dump files saved.
    Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial

9. Attachment 42817

Well, I had a good month or so but after a windows update or something, I am back to the same security check failure error along with a couple others in the last couple days as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Superjudge, Oct 14, 2015
  10. I just tacked two more on this evening as well.

Attachment 42820

Superjudge, Oct 14, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    In the case of a 1 month delay between responses, it is better to create a new thread then using an old thread again.

12. I will store that up for future reference. I thought as it was the same type error it would be ok to post it to this thread. Sorry about that.

Superjudge, Oct 14, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

No problem, you didn't knew it *Wink
    Within about 10 minutes I'll check the uploaded files, I am just back home.

14. axe0 New Member
    The Nvidia Video driver has been flagged.
    Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys 0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm start end module name fffff801`cffb0000 fffff801`d0aa4000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Sat Oct 03 04:08:52 2015 (560F38B4) CheckSum: 00ABDFB7 ImageSize: 00AF4000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

15. Will do. As always, thank you for the quick response.

Superjudge, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My latest BSOD, KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE - Similar Threads - latest BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY

2. Stop Code: KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Code: KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK FAILURE: Hi everyone, I just work on Windows when the blue screen appears with this error: KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK FAILURE I saw in another question in this community forum a question like that and already upload my minidump file on the link below:...
  3. Stop Code: KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Code: KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK FAILURE: Hi everyone, I just work on Windows when the blue screen appears with this error: KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK FAILURE I saw in another question in this community forum a question like that and already upload my minidump file on the link below:...
  4. Latest Update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Update caused BSOD: So last night my PC updated to i presume OS Build 19041.1110. Since the update i only get Black Screen of death with visible mouse cursor. I have rebooted and reset windows to no success. I have rebooted in safe mode and disabled my GPU AMD 460 via device manager which then...
  5. BSOD after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after latest update: Yesterday, windows update prompted me to install an update for an Intel driver. I clicked "install", and a few seconds later, my laptop crashed with a BSOD. The code was PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR. Now, the computer never finishes booting, and crashes every time. Inside...
  6. Bsod after latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bsod after latest update: Title says it all did lastest update and now can’t even boot my pc it crashes every time. Have tried to get into safe boot but it just goes to bios and I don’t know what to do from there submitted by /u/mourningwood2 [link] [comments]...
  7. BSOD after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after latest update: Hi i noticed the device started to get daily BSOD Using Windows Reliablity i noticed it started after failed update on 11th July https://prnt.sc/thhjpn I used BlueScreenViewer https://prnt.sc/thhi6p trying to understand more, found ntoskrnl.exe is repeated Here is dump...
  8. Lots of IRQ_Less... and KERNEL_SECURITY... BSODs on 2 month old build

Lots of IRQ_Less... and KERNEL_SECURITY... BSODs on 2 month old build: I did a new Win 10 Pro 64 build last 30 December. A few weeks later, I started getting BSODs. Passmark Memtest86 found RAM defects. Corsair replaced the RAM, lifetime warranty. BSODs continued. On 27 Feb, ran sfc and dism commands per instructions found on web searches, but...
  9. 1st BSOD on Windows 10, KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE (new laptop)

1st BSOD on Windows 10, KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE (new laptop): Hi guys. I bought the laptop (refer to specs) last Saturday and upgraded it to Win10 yesterday without any problems. It was ok for the first 32 hours, playing games (PoE and Shadowrun) and using Chrome, when the BSOD happened. Chrome was on at the time, there was a WD...
  10. KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE installing PotPlayer

KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE installing PotPlayer: When I run the installer for PotPlayer (http://get.daum.net/PotPlayer64/v3/PotPlayerSetup64.exe), it gets most of the way through the installation and then BSODs with a KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE. This is 100% repeatable and crashes in the same way each time. Just to be on...