Windows 10: My Lenovo Tablet 2 shuts down soon after powering it on

Discus and support My Lenovo Tablet 2 shuts down soon after powering it on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My tablet was on power and the video was playing while downloading windows 10 to upgrade from Windows 8.1. I was out of the office for one one and when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by achengula, Feb 16, 2016.

1. achengula Win User

My Lenovo Tablet 2 shuts down soon after powering it on

My tablet was on power and the video was playing while downloading windows 10 to upgrade from Windows 8.1. I was out of the office for one one and when I came back I found the tablet is off. On my surprise when I turn it on it starts and I sign in it displays the desktop for few seconds and turns off. Or if I turn on if I don't sign in it will also shut down for hardly 30 seconds. Please can any one help me how to solve this problems, I fail to get to the automatic repair or diagnostic test and repair. Please I need your help.

Regards
    Augustino

:)

achengula, Feb 16, 2016

2. why does the new build of windows 10 keep shutting down after being idle for some time?

I have a yoga 2 prob lenovo and it recently did the anniversary update to the new version. Not soon after it was done it kept shutting off when idle. So i changed all the settings in power options to not go to sleep or shutdown the screen. But still shuts
    off when idle.

WoburnPedi, Feb 16, 2016
  3. GilGren Win User
    Windows 10 tent mode slow down

I found a solution that worked for me on another site:

http://asktosolv.com/200510/lenovo-...and-intel-dptf-bad-performance-in-tablet-mode

Disabling the DPTF in BIOS fixes the problem. I would guess that the real solution would be for Lenovo or Microsoft to update the driver to work properly, but this solution works. I don't know what harm it causes, but it eliminates the slow performance when
    the screen is flipped back.

To do this:

1) shut down (not restart) your computer

2) power up your computer using the little circle button beside the power button - this will give you the option to enter BIOS

3) find the setting to disable DPTF and disable it

4) save and exit

5) enjoy tablet mode once again!

GilGren, Feb 16, 2016
Thema:

My Lenovo Tablet 2 shuts down soon after powering it on

1. My Lenovo Tablet 2 shuts down soon after powering it on - Similar Threads - Lenovo Tablet shuts

2. Tablet Keeps Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet Keeps Shutting Down: This just started a few days ago. I have this Windows 8.1 tablet, 32 bit Intel processor, 2G RAM, 64G disk with 93MB free space. It just started shutting down. As I power up, after a typical boot time and as the screens start to settle down, the screen will go blank except...
  3. Tablet Keeps Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet Keeps Shutting Down: This just started a few days ago. I have this Windows 8.1 tablet, 32 bit Intel processor, 2G RAM, 64G disk with 93MB free space. It just started shutting down. As I power up, after a typical boot time and as the screens start to settle down, the screen will go blank except...
  4. Windows 10 laptop. My screen shuts down way too soon. It's not power settings, it's not...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 laptop. My screen shuts down way too soon. It's not power settings, it's not...: I'm on a Lenovo ThinkPad Windows 10. Important point may be that at work I'm plugged into a hub.My screen shuts down way too quickly, just after a couple of minutes. I've googled everything and come across threads on here answering this problem, and nothing works.It's not in...
  5. Windows 10 laptop. My screen shuts down way too soon. It's not power settings, it's not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop. My screen shuts down way too soon. It's not power settings, it's not...: I'm on a Lenovo ThinkPad Windows 10. Important point may be that at work I'm plugged into a hub.My screen shuts down way too quickly, just after a couple of minutes. I've googled everything and come across threads on here answering this problem, and nothing works.It's not in...
  6. Power then Shut down Buttons

Power then Shut down Buttons: My choices were: " Power" then "Sleep Shut Down and Restrart." They are now: "Power",then Sleep Update and Shut Down and Update and Restart When I click on "Update and Shut Down", the machine goes back into Restart at once and then takes a long period of time after...
  7. Power/Shut Down Problem.

Power/Shut Down Problem.: My computer has been shutting down randomly a lot recently and I am hoping to get some help. My power settings are set so that it should never to to sleep or hibernate and the hard drive should not power down but after an hour or so of being idle my computer shuts down...
  8. Laptop shuts down as soon as power cord is unlpluged.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down as soon as power cord is unlpluged.: I have getting this issue from last one day. The laptop works well till the power cable is plugged but as soon as the cable is unplugged the laptop shuts down immediately. What should I do in such situation. Please Help....
  9. Computer shutting down soon after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer shutting down soon after startup: I installed new ram a few weeks ago, been fine so far. Crashed last night but managed to use all day today. Crashed again and since then hasn't managed to survive for more than 5 minutes. Every time it does not bluescreen, it just acts as if the cable was pulled, and...
  10. power on/shut down

power on/shut down: I recently reset my laptop back to the original settings. Ever since when I want to shut down now my laptop I only see Sleep, Update and Shut down and Update and Restart. I don't see the simple Shut down option. I don't want to continually update. How can I get this fixed?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo tablet 8 driver update computer shuts down after startup