Windows 10: my mail will not work in windows 10

Discus and support my mail will not work in windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; i have had my pc for a year or so and when they updated it or something to that effect, my mail immediately stopped working and will not receive mail.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by kimmay, Apr 28, 2016.

1. kimmay Win User

my mail will not work in windows 10

i have had my pc for a year or so and when they updated it or something to that effect, my mail immediately stopped working and will not receive mail. i tried to use other mail servers but they were troublesome as well. the mail server that comes with windows 10 does not work with my msn mail. after much research i found that i need to rename a file called comms to something like Comms-old, i have tried to accomplish this task several times to no avail. every time i try i get an error message saying that the folder is in use and retry the rename or delete. i look at the file and it is to the mail and calendar section. but i have no idea of how to stop the program or how to delete it if it is running somewhere in the background of the pc. lastly i found a alternative to entering the mail set up into the app but sadly it did not work either*Huh
    *Think

i don't know what to do in this perplexing dilemma

:)

kimmay, Apr 28, 2016

2. Printer will not work in Edge or Mail

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and apologize for the inconvenience faced.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Are you trying to print your email through Edge?

2. Are you trying to print separately from Edge and Mail?

3. If yes, are you trying to print from the mail app directly?

4. If yes, are you using outlook mail app or mail client app?

For now, I suggest that you check if you have any pending updates for your computer. If so disconnect all external devices other than mouse and keyboard, install the updates and check if you are able to print.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 28, 2016
  3. Clayto222 Win User
    Printer will not work in Edge or Mail

My HP Deskjet 1510 works fine with Windows 10 except that it does not work at all with Edge or Mail. Printing is OK with other apps, such as Chrome and Thunderbird, and WordPad. When I click print in
    the printer menu I get the message (in red) "We couldn't reach the printer." What is more, I get the same response with other options, such as MS print to PDF and Send to OneNote.

I have tried using Ctrl P --- it does not work on either Edge or Mail. The message I get is the same.

I have tried the TroubleShooters, with no result and answers to other printer problems do not help.

What is the answer to this?

Clayto222, Apr 28, 2016
  4. my mail will not work in windows 10

All I did to get my msn mail which will come up as outlook is
    Click on the Windows 10 Mail App
    Then Settings
    Then Manage Accounts
    Then entered my e-mail address
    Then Save or OK
    Once done you should then be able to access your mail through the Mail App

hTconeM9user, Apr 28, 2016
  5. kimmay Win User
    _------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------_
    that didn't work for me i have gotten several error messages loke0x8007045 and 0x80045b0b

kimmay, Apr 28, 2016
  6. hTconeM9user, Apr 28, 2016
  7. kimmay Win User
    no this is where I started to get the 0x80045b0b error,m the other error occurred when i deleted the apps or tried to put my Email account on the app
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kimmay, Apr 29, 2016
  8. my mail will not work in windows 10

The first error message you put up does not come up
    Can you check and repost that error again if you are able too

hTconeM9user, Apr 29, 2016
  9. RolandJS Win User
    If you're wanting to rename system file, normally that can be done by booting into Safe Mode [for Windows 7, which I have]. I do not know how to invoke W10 Safe Mode. If nothing else, one can boot a Puppy Linux usb or dvd, tree-climb to the file to be renamed, rename the file, and make sure you keep a list of what was renamed.

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

my mail will not work in windows 10

1. my mail will not work in windows 10 - Similar Threads - mail

2. Cannot get access to new e mail account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get access to new e mail account: Hello help please …I recently opened a new outlook e mail account. I stupidly changed the password and tried to open it from a trip in Vietnam and now the account has been locked. I have tried the recovery process and answered all the questions as best that I can but still no...
  3. Cannot get access to new e mail account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get access to new e mail account: Hello help please …I recently opened a new outlook e mail account. I stupidly changed the password and tried to open it from a trip in Vietnam and now the account has been locked. I have tried the recovery process and answered all the questions as best that I can but still no...
  4. Cannot get access to new e mail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.: How do I set up an AOL account to Mail in Windows 10. I keep getting "the settings are out of date" when I try to set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-aol-account-to-mail-i-keep-getting-the/f7d0d67f-0c4a-4d4d-b2fd-4675b350b7a7
  6. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.: How do I set up an AOL account to Mail in Windows 10. I keep getting "the settings are out of date" when I try to set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-aol-account-to-mail-i-keep-getting-the/f7d0d67f-0c4a-4d4d-b2fd-4675b350b7a7
  7. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems: Mail reconfigure outlook and received mail and not showing old mail how to resolve problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mail-reconfigure-in-outlook-and-not-showing/b511a897-cb8f-456a-a096-110279ee22a8
  9. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems: Mail reconfigure outlook and received mail and not showing old mail how to resolve problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mail-reconfigure-in-outlook-and-not-showing/b511a897-cb8f-456a-a096-110279ee22a8
  10. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade