Windows 10: my microphone isnt working on my gaming pc

Discus and support my microphone isnt working on my gaming pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my microphone isnt working on my gaming pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shaunmc1, Aug 18, 2018.

1. shaunmc1 Win User

my microphone isnt working on my gaming pc

:)

shaunmc1, Aug 18, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Aug 18, 2018
  4. my microphone isnt working on my gaming pc

microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

1. my microphone isnt working on my gaming pc - Similar Threads - microphone isnt working

2. microphone isnt working:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone isnt working:: My headset has a microphone and this microphone is not showing up on input devices, i have tried many things including driver uninstalls and re-installs, all that stuff, i am on windows ten and would really like a solution ASAP, for more info, it says, chose your output...
  3. microphone isnt working:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone isnt working:: My headset has a microphone and this microphone is not showing up on input devices, i have tried many things including driver uninstalls and re-installs, all that stuff, i am on windows ten and would really like a solution ASAP, for more info, it says, chose your output...
  4. microphone isnt working:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why is my pc detecting my microphone when it isnt plugged in, but isnt detecting it when it...

Why is my pc detecting my microphone when it isnt plugged in, but isnt detecting it when it...: so I have bought a new corsair jack off the official website and for some reason every time I plug in my mic it isn't detected, if I unplug the mic and leave the jack in it is suddenly detecting my mic. is there any way to fix this? Also my audio is working perfectly fine,...
  6. microphone isnt working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone isnt working: so i plugged in a headset all is fine and i get audio but the mic isnt working i think oh its the headset thats the problem so i use the laptops built in mic and that doesent work either...
  7. microphone isnt working

microphone isnt working: so i plugged in a headset all is fine and i get audio but the mic isnt working i think oh its the headset thats the problem so i use the laptops built in mic and that doesent work either...
  8. My pc isnt working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc isnt working?: I was using my pc and accidentally unplugged it, so I plugged it back in, but when I boot it up, all my applications are glitched. Theyre still there, because I can click on them, but the icons are missing and it wont open then up. I cant pull up my taskbar or my settings to...
  9. Microphone isnt working

Microphone isnt working: Hi, I have a HP pavilion x360 laptop. It has a built-in microphone and it isn't working. If there is a loud sound, it will detect it kind of, and it picks up some background noise. But it cant detect voices. All drivers are up to date and the troubleshooter says there is no...
  10. My microphone on my headset isnt working Windows 10

My microphone on my headset isnt working Windows 10: recently bought a new headset (Plantronics rig 300hx). I play on my laptop that is connected to my monitor. the sound is coming from my headset but my microphone is not working. my laptop is using my default laptop microphone. I have tried to change it in recording tab but my...