Windows 10: My Microsoft Account password is different to the local user password. Can I update the...

Discus and support My Microsoft Account password is different to the local user password. Can I update the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a couple of windows machines on my network, and it seems that by updating my Microsoft Account password, these credentials have become out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Robert Jeges, Dec 7, 2023.

1. My Microsoft Account password is different to the local user password. Can I update the...

I have a couple of windows machines on my network, and it seems that by updating my Microsoft Account password, these credentials have become out of sync - Machine 1 - completed setup using my Microsoft Account using old Password - We'll call this Password AAfter some time, I changed my Microsoft account To Password BMachine 2 - completed setup using my Microsoft Account Using Password BNow, if I try to browse the network files of Machine 1, or connect to it remotely, it does not accept Password B. It prompts me for a password, and will accept my old password - Password A.I can access bo

:)

Robert Jeges, Dec 7, 2023
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 7, 2023
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Dec 7, 2023
  4. My Microsoft Account password is different to the local user password. Can I update the...

Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 7, 2023
Thema:

My Microsoft Account password is different to the local user password. Can I update the...

1. My Microsoft Account password is different to the local user password. Can I update the... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account password

2. My Microsoft Account password is different to the local user password. Can I update the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Account password is different to the local user password. Can I update the...: I have a couple of windows machines on my network, and it seems that by updating my Microsoft Account password, these credentials have become out of sync - Machine 1 - completed setup using my Microsoft Account using old Password - We'll call this Password AAfter some time, I...
  3. Is the password for your Microsoft account on the website different from your local...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is the password for your Microsoft account on the website different from your local...: Do these two accounts function the same or are they different? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-password-for-your-microsoft-account-on-the/b45df321-c983-40b9-aa28-676b254eeb32
  4. User account configuration - Microsoft Account with local password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User account configuration - Microsoft Account with local password: I recently realized that my account at Windows 10 is configured in a "strange way". I have local account, but it seems to be connected with Microsoft Account it can be seen on activation screen. In control panel settings my user account is listed as local account "Konto...
  5. Microsoft Account using local password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account using local password: Hi, I recently bought a new SurfacePro to replace my older laptop and desktop. When setting up initially I was unable to connect to the internet. I had to set up with a local username and temporary I thought password. When I was able to connect I entered my Microsoft ID...
  6. Local user account with no need for password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local user account with no need for password: Hi, I have two computers. One is a Windows 7 and I am in the process of upgrading that to Win 10. The other is a new Dell Optiplex 5270, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD OS drive. Question regarding the new Dell Optiplex: One thing I want to do is have my computer...
  7. set startup password to be different from my Microsoft Account Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    set startup password to be different from my Microsoft Account Password: Problem = my startup password is now the same as my Microsoft Account Password. This is to me a SECURITY issue. Solution I am looking for = how to set my startup password to be different from my Microsoft Account Password....
  8. Can I use different password than my Microsoft Account Password to Sign-in to my desktop?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can I use different password than my Microsoft Account Password to Sign-in to my desktop?: In my laptop, my Microsoft Account is linked to the Windows 10 installed. I would like to Sign in (either from being Locked, restart or shut down) using a different alpha-numeric password than my Microsoft Password. Can this be done?...
  9. Problems with Local (NOT Microsoft Account) Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with Local (NOT Microsoft Account) Password: 1. There is no option to change the password when I press CTRL-ALT-DELETE. 2. When I try to change the password using Windows 10 Settings, I can only change the password to my Microsoft account, not the password I use to log into the laptop. 3. My account is an...
  10. using local password with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    using local password with microsoft account: So I have a complex password for my online Microsoft account, I never type it in, its used with a secure clipboard from a password manager. If I use a Microsoft account with windows 10 it also uses the password which is a pain to type in, is there no way to use a local...