Windows 10: My Microsoft account was hacked., changed the email address, cannot sign in to see activity...

Discus and support My Microsoft account was hacked., changed the email address, cannot sign in to see activity... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Please help! I've attempted recovery using the recovery tool many times, but it has now locked the account. My last option is to contact Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DustyFall, Dec 9, 2023.

1. DustyFall Win User

My Microsoft account was hacked., changed the email address, cannot sign in to see activity...

Please help! I've attempted recovery using the recovery tool many times, but it has now locked the account. My last option is to contact Microsoft Support. The recovery tool isn't working because apparently the information I put in isn't enough for a verification. The email address that shows up when I attempt to sign in using my security key is not my email. I've never seen it before. When I had my account, I don't believe I had logged into my Xbox for it, only on computer. I never made any purchases unless it was on my IOS device, since I used it for mainly Minecraft. I am still a

:)

DustyFall, Dec 9, 2023
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Dec 9, 2023
  3. Tetsujin Win User
    How can I un-link my current Microsoft account that is tagged to my Windows activation license and link it to a new Microsoft account?

You don't make a new account & try to move your entitlements to it, you change the email address associated with the original account.

From Microsoft Support - Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account

Tetsujin, Dec 9, 2023
  4. My Microsoft account was hacked., changed the email address, cannot sign in to see activity...

My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign in to see activity and cannot recover account

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to recover the hacked Email Account. We would like to know the domain of the Email account used for the hacked Microsoft Account.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to fill the ACSR form and
    make sure you provide an alternate email address when you fill up the ACSR form so that the team can communicate with you

The more information you can include in the form, the better the chance you’ll have of regaining access to your account. Answer as many questions as you can as thoroughly as possible. If you’re not sure, guessing is ok - wrong answers don’t count against
    you.

• When you enter your email address, keep in mind that some domains may be country specific such as @outlook.co.uk.
    • If you’ve had your account for several years, the details on file may not match your current situation, so think about what you may have entered when you first signed up. Is it possible that you moved or changed your name?
    • Think about passwords that you use on other accounts that you may have used here. This is another place where a good guess can pay off.
    • When you get to a question that lets you “add more," fill in as much information as you are able.
    • Email subject lines need to be exact.

Meanwhile, we would refer these articles:

Help with the Microsoft account recovery form

How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account

In regards to the Microsoft Store purchase, we would recommend you to contact our Microsoft Store support team and inform them about the purchase.

Microsoft Store Support:
    Contact Microsoft Store Support - Microsoft Support

Also refer this article: Prevent
    unauthorized purchases from Microsoft Store

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 9, 2023
Thema:

My Microsoft account was hacked., changed the email address, cannot sign in to see activity...

1. My Microsoft account was hacked., changed the email address, cannot sign in to see activity... - Similar Threads - Microsoft account was

2. My Microsoft account was hacked., changed the email address, cannot sign in to see activity...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account was hacked., changed the email address, cannot sign in to see activity...: Please help! I've attempted recovery using the recovery tool many times, but it has now locked the account. My last option is to contact Microsoft Support. The recovery tool isn't working because apparently the information I put in isn't enough for a verification. The email...
  3. My Microsoft account was hacked., changed the email address, cannot sign in to see activity...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Microsoft account was hacked., changed the email address, cannot sign in to see activity...: Please help! I've attempted recovery using the recovery tool many times, but it has now locked the account. My last option is to contact Microsoft Support. The recovery tool isn't working because apparently the information I put in isn't enough for a verification. The email...
  4. Microsoft account hacked and admin email address changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account hacked and admin email address changed: In the span on 10 minutes I got a verification code sent to me, was alerted of a suspicious sign on, and lost control of my microsoft account. I'm still signed into the account on my pc and can access my things, but I can't sign into my account any time it asks me for my...
  5. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign...: Please help! I've attempted recovery using the recovery tool many times with no success. I then called Microsoft support, and the only thing they said i could do is keep trying to recover using the recovery tool. The support phone call was ZERO help, I informed them that I...
  6. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign...: Please help! I've attempted recovery using the recovery tool many times with no success. I then called Microsoft support, and the only thing they said i could do is keep trying to recover using the recovery tool. The support phone call was ZERO help, I informed them that I...
  7. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, I cannot sign in and cannot...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, I cannot sign in and cannot...: I tried the ACSR form but when I try it and put in the email of the account that has been hacked it says there is no account with that email associated with it, but that is because the hacker probably changed the email to their email. So what do I do?...
  8. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, I cannot sign in and cannot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, I cannot sign in and cannot...: I tried the ACSR form but when I try it and put in the email of the account that has been hacked it says there is no account with that email associated with it, but that is because the hacker probably changed the email to their email. So what do I do?...
  9. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, I cannot sign in and cannot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store