Windows 10: My Microsoft password is 'too long' to log into my Xbox account....

Discus and support My Microsoft password is 'too long' to log into my Xbox account.... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Microsoft account is 17 units long, but the login on the xbox only allows for a maximum of 16. I want to give Microsoft the benifit of the doubt... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TomGarden, Aug 14, 2018.

1. TomGarden Win User

My Microsoft password is 'too long' to log into my Xbox account....

My Microsoft account is 17 units long, but the login on the xbox only allows for a maximum of 16. I want to give Microsoft the benifit of the doubt here but holy crap if this is an actual thing then its incredibly stupid.

Thanks in advanced.

:)

TomGarden, Aug 14, 2018

2. Windows 10: Computer prompting to enter Microsoft password after logging in the Microsof account into Xbox one app.

Hi Chris,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings and use account settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "now requires a password to access it's my Microsoft password", are you logged in as Local Account in the Desktop computer prior automatic changing to Microsoft Account?
    • When you say that "i have work laptop, HP, NOT on home network", are you logged in as Microsoft Account in the Work laptop?

If you were logged in as Local Account and then it has been changed into Microsoft Account. In that case, I suggest you to try to sign in back to Local Account through steps below and check if it helps.

• Select the Start
      My Microsoft password is 'too long' to log into my Xbox account.... [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Your account.

• Select Sign in with a Local Account Instead.

• Follow the prompts to switch to a Local Account. Verify the Local Account's user name and password.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with automatic changing to Microsoft Account in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 14, 2018
  3. John Fer Win User
    Microsoft password not accepted to log into computer account

Hello,

If you can’t remember your Microsoft account password, you always have the option to reset it for you to be able to log in to your Windows. We suggest following the steps provided on this
    article to help you sign in to your account and to your Windows 10 device.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Aug 14, 2018
  4. My Microsoft password is 'too long' to log into my Xbox account....

Can't sign in to windows with the same password by which I am able to sign in to my Microsoft account

Hi Anurag,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in Microsoft account settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "windows using the same password", are you getting any error message when you enter the password?
    • Have you checked the issue while entering with a different keyboard?
    • Were you connected the computer to a internet connection while logging into the computer with Microsoft account?
    • When you say that "resetting the password.", have you tried to reset the password from Microsoft website?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to enter the password through different keyboard and through On-screen keyboard. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to try entering the password with a different password.

Step 2: I recommend you to check the internet connect of the computer and make sure that internet is available for the computer while enter the Microsoft password.

Step 3: I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft account and check if it helps.

How to reset your Microsoft account password:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us.../how-to-reset-your-microsoft-account-password

Please get back to us with an update on issue with issue with logging into Microsoft Account, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

My Microsoft password is 'too long' to log into my Xbox account....

1. My Microsoft password is 'too long' to log into my Xbox account.... - Similar Threads - Microsoft password 'too

2. my microsoft account not log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my microsoft account not log in: my windows not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-account-not-log-in/95fe21ce-8c0a-42e2-bfe5-16deeeeae3c7
  3. my microsoft account not log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my microsoft account not log in: my windows not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-account-not-log-in/95fe21ce-8c0a-42e2-bfe5-16deeeeae3c7
  4. Logging in to my Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Logging in to my Microsoft Account.: My secondary pc and my phone both accept my AOL login to Microsoft Account, plus two other separate logins.My primary pc, however, refuses to accept the AOL login. Why is this? Please ignore the fact that I'm still living in the nineties with an AOL account but bear in mind,...
  5. Logging into my Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logging into my Microsoft account: I am trying to log in to my second account on windows 10, which is a Microsoft account, but it says "Oops, something went wrong Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again." I know my password and I tried logging in on the website but it's not letting me...
  6. My microsoft app store is taking too long to reset.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My microsoft app store is taking too long to reset.: My MS app store hasn't been working properly, wasn't downloading any apps and I need it to make an urgent submission. So i put it to reset under settings, and I can't see the progress how much is done and it has been loading for the past half an hour. Requesting immediate...
  7. I have logged in to my Microsoft account and changed the password but can’t log on to my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have logged in to my Microsoft account and changed the password but can’t log on to my...: My windows laptop shows up as a device on my microsoft account, but I cant log on to my laptop using my microsoft password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-logged-in-to-my-microsoft-account-and/7b606d9e-a86f-46e9-9d93-9b79a9e989d0
  8. log into my Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    log into my Microsoft account: why when logging into my Microsoft account get message user and or password incorrect. then get code to change. put in 'old' pw get can't use old pw. How do you know 'old' when didn't find it in initial log in ?...
  9. Unable to log into My Microsoft Account/My password not recognized

Unable to log into My Microsoft Account/My password not recognized: Just installed windows 10 Update (May, 2019) on my Dell laptop. All of my shortcuts on my desktop were duplicated with only one of each pair that actually worked. I could not delete or move the useless shortcuts. Microsoft support online recommendation was to re-boot my...
  10. Can't log into Microsoft Account with password

Can't log into Microsoft Account with password: Alright, so I'm trying to log into my new windows 10 with my password. At first, it wants the email address. Type that in and it's good. Then it wants the password. Type that in and it's good. But then it wants me to retype the password to sign into my account. Alright,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you make a windows password too long

2. password too long to sign into xbox live

3. its taking way too long to log into my xbox account

4. password too long to sign in to xbox