Windows 10: My mouse cursor lags when i turn off my second monitor

Discus and support My mouse cursor lags when i turn off my second monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As the title says, while my second monitor is turned on everything is okay and working fine, but when i turn it off cursor starts lagging and whole... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Josip Grgic, Sep 4, 2018.

1. My mouse cursor lags when i turn off my second monitor

As the title says, while my second monitor is turned on everything is okay and working fine, but when i turn it off cursor starts lagging and whole system lags. Tried to find the solution online but didn't find anything similar. Hope you cant try to help me!

Ps this happened when i reinstalled win10 (was using it before and everything was fine same system same everything).

:)

Josip Grgic, Sep 4, 2018

2. Mouse cursor lag and slow down occasionally

Recently, I am encountering a mouse cursor lag problem on my PC (Win10)

The cursor occassionally lags when I move the mouse consistently

Demonstration:
    http://i.imgur.com/03kbZJx.gifv

In the demonstration, I moved my mouse consistently towards right, but cursor stops moving at few instances

My mouse is Logitech G502, I believe my mouse has no problem because I tried it with my laptop (Win10) and it worked perfectly fine, the cursor never lagged and movement is consistent.

Any suggestions?

Theresonly1cryo, Sep 4, 2018
  3. DakotaCTE Win User
    Severe cursor/mouse lag

So I recently have been getting this bug where my mouse cursor lags extremely bad for about 5 seconds on startup. My cursor seems to be lagging but the blue loading circle next to the cursor doesn't seem to lag like the cursor does. It also randomly has
    a lag spike here and there. Sometimes it lags when I open something, such as a programs like Photoshop, or just anything in general. I have tried checking for driver updates but it says my drivers are all up to date. Can anyone please help me? thank you so
    much.

DakotaCTE, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Galirn Win User

My mouse cursor lags when i turn off my second monitor

Mouse Cursor on second screen changes randomly

• Did the issue only occur when you updated your graphics card?
      • Appears to have only begun with the new graphics card. It's an AMD RX480 card. I uninstalled all Nvidia drivers prior to installing the new AMD drivers. It doesn't occur on the first monitor, only second. Which would indicate either something in the
        translation between monitors or something along those lines.
    • Are your drivers up to date?
      • From my understanding they all are, I try to keep everything up to date.
    • Have you checked if the problem is the mouse itself?
      • I do not currently have a second mouse, but the fact that it's only when it tracks to the second screen. On first screen everything is good. The normal cursor displays, but when I track to the second screen that's when the weirdness happens.
    • Are you using a wired mouse
      • Yes

Galirn, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

My mouse cursor lags when i turn off my second monitor

1. My mouse cursor lags when i turn off my second monitor - Similar Threads - mouse cursor lags

2. Why is my second monitor turning off when I turn off my TV? Also Windows forgetting audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my second monitor turning off when I turn off my TV? Also Windows forgetting audio...: When I turn off my third monitor TV, my second monitor on my desk shuts off when the tv is turned off. When I go to display options, it shows that the monitor disabled itself. When I re-enable, suddenly the TV won't connect because Windows disabled it for some unknown reason,...
  3. Why is my second monitor turning off when I turn off my TV? Also Windows forgetting audio...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my second monitor turning off when I turn off my TV? Also Windows forgetting audio...: When I turn off my third monitor TV, my second monitor on my desk shuts off when the tv is turned off. When I go to display options, it shows that the monitor disabled itself. When I re-enable, suddenly the TV won't connect because Windows disabled it for some unknown reason,...
  4. monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on: When Windows is turned on, the monitor goes blank for 2 seconds, and then turns on. it looks very tense, it feels like he is reconnecting. it all started after reinstalling windows, it didn't happen before. new drivers. everything is fine with the monitor, new, the computer...
  5. monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on: When Windows is turned on, the monitor goes blank for 2 seconds, and then turns on. it looks very tense, it feels like he is reconnecting. it all started after reinstalling windows, it didn't happen before. new drivers. everything is fine with the monitor, new, the computer...
  6. monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...: i dont waht really going on. when my second montiro turn off and didnt connect to power source . my leptop detected the second monitor [ATTACH] but the name Generic PnP Monitor not the monitor type. and then i plug the monitor to power resource, the windows wont recognize...
  8. Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off: When the power settings turn my monitors off after the designated time, my secondary monitor will enter power saving mode. I'll then immediately hear the sound of a device disconnecting from the system, then reconnecting. At that point, the second monitor will wake up and...
  9. My second monitor keeps turning off and on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My second monitor keeps turning off and on: I have 2 monitors connected to my pc. I reset my pc a week ago and when I got windows running my second monitor starts turning off and on when I’m playing a game and alt+tab out. Anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/TRxz-FariZKiller [link] [comments]...
  10. why windows not recognize when I have my second monitor turned off?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    why windows not recognize when I have my second monitor turned off?: why wont windows recognize when I have my second monitor turned off? Hi all. I find it very frustrating when I have my second monitor turned off but not unplugged from the hdmi port that windows treats everything as tho it is still turned on. I have been annoyed by this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn second monitor off and mouse lags

2. screen lags when hdmi is connected but the secondary display is turned off

3. when my second monitor is off it lags