Windows 10: My Mouse is laggy, stuttering and doesn't move where it's supposed to.

Discus and support My Mouse is laggy, stuttering and doesn't move where it's supposed to. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I have a Sony Vaio Desktop/PC (Windows 10) and I have an issue that's been going on for the past two days. I was playing Team... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Apersonwhoneeds, Jan 2, 2016.

1. My Mouse is laggy, stuttering and doesn't move where it's supposed to.

Hello everyone!

I have a Sony Vaio Desktop/PC (Windows 10) and I have an issue that's been going on for the past two days.
    I was playing Team Fortress 2 and my wireless mouse just randomly shuts off apparently. So, I turned off the mouse and changed the battery AA thinking the battery was dead. I turned the mouse back on and the pointer is still not on the screen. So, I restart my computer and the mouse is still not working. So, after a little bit of messing around, I change the battery once more. It now works! But... it's laggy and stuttering and the pointer doesn't move where it's supposed to smoothly. Here are the things I did to try to fix it:

1. Changed Batteries 3 times.
    2. Went to "Device Manager" and and uninstalled the driver of the mouse (so when I restarted the PC, it would reinstall the driver.)
    3. Used every hardware troubleshooter on the PC.
    4. Used the Sony Vaio website step-by-step to disconnect and reconnect the mouse.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Mind you, this is not the first time the mouse just randomly disconnects, but usually, I just restart the PC and it's all working again. Thank you for reading! *Smile

:)

Apersonwhoneeds, Jan 2, 2016

2. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems KB3097617

This particular update causes my mouse to lag/stutter. It makes everything in general seem slow/laggy.

Jessica Chen, Jan 2, 2016
  3. Laptop stutter

Since some time my laptop has a stutter.

The mouse freezes once every second and then shoots further into the direction it was moving. Also typing has a stutter, when a button is pressed during the stutter it does nothing. I can hear the stutter when there is no sound playing, the sound is making
    a very soft plopping sound.

But when I'm watching movies, the sound doesn't stutter and the video plays very smooth. Also the stutter seems to disappear when my laptop is on for about 2 hours.

My laptop is an Asus n56vz, running windows 10.

I don't know how to get rid of this problem and can't find a topic with the same problem

Mitchelvdw, Jan 2, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

My Mouse is laggy, stuttering and doesn't move where it's supposed to.

I don't know if there's anything in the mouse properties area that might help, but that might be something to check.

Control Panel > Mouse

b1rd, Jan 2, 2016
  5. pyramid10 Win User
    Move the transceiver to another USB2.0 port?

pyramid10, Jan 2, 2016
  6. dsherman Win User
    Uninstall it and restart to have windows reinstall.

dsherman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

My Mouse is laggy, stuttering and doesn't move where it's supposed to.

1. My Mouse is laggy, stuttering and doesn't move where it's supposed to. - Similar Threads - Mouse laggy stuttering

2. Mouse Stuttering and Moving on its own?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Stuttering and Moving on its own?: Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎12/‎3/‎2022 OS build 22621.2283 So I have 3 profiles or accounts on my PC, I use mine almost daily and don't have this issue for some reason but on the two other profiles after signing into them the desktop shows up like...
  3. Mouse Stuttering and Moving on its own?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Stuttering and Moving on its own?: Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎12/‎3/‎2022 OS build 22621.2283 So I have 3 profiles or accounts on my PC, I use mine almost daily and don't have this issue for some reason but on the two other profiles after signing into them the desktop shows up like...
  4. Fps drop feel laggy and stutter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drop feel laggy and stutter.: Using geforce experience, instant fps is fine, my 99% fps drops sometimes and my game stutters. I cannot find any fix, does anyone know how to fix this problem?I'll reset my pc change os but problem still happening in every game and ideal use ex. Browsing or only move mouse....
  5. Black screen or Mouse becomes laggy and beeping when moved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen or Mouse becomes laggy and beeping when moved: I just bought this laptop last September 30 2020 After some time using it there comes a time where in just plain black screen background music stops but the backlit keyboard is still on. There also came a time where in laptop screen freeze and I can't use keyboard but I can...
  6. Mouse randomly laggy and stutters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse randomly laggy and stutters: I am having an annoying problem where my mouse is randomly laggy and stutters The mouse is capable of being wireless, but I am connecting permanently on the usb charging cable I have never experienced this problem on Windows 10 before but it seems to have started occurring....
  7. Mouse randomly laggy and stutters

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse randomly laggy and stutters: I am having an annoying problem where my mouse is randomly laggy and stutters The mouse is capable of being wireless, but I am connecting permanently on the usb charging cable I have never experienced this problem on Windows 10 before but it seems to have started occurring....
  8. Mouse Moves But Doesn't Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Moves But Doesn't Click: I have a brand new asus laptop, and i can move the mouse, but it won't click, the button nor the sensor register a click. i am currently using a old corded mouse i had. please help. 13193
  9. Audio laggy/glitchy when I move my mouse cursor.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Audio laggy/glitchy when I move my mouse cursor.: I have had this issue for only a couple of days now. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers for the mouse, sound card, and headset, which still hasn't helped. I've seen other sites talking about an "Intel Technologies Access Services" which isn't showing up in my...
  10. Where is install.wim supposed to be?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is install.wim supposed to be?: Some time after I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I tried to create a recovery drive using Paragon's Recovery Media Builder (RMB). But it fails with Error 15: Unable to find install.wim. (I never had that problem on Windows 7.) OK, I understand that I was probably...