Windows 10: My mouse/pc is acting weird

Discus and support My mouse/pc is acting weird in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So this will be hard to explain but i will try my best. So basically sometimes like my pc just screws up and i cant press anything on the taskbar or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tkosj, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Tkosj Win User

My mouse/pc is acting weird

So this will be hard to explain but i will try my best.

So basically sometimes like my pc just screws up and i cant press anything on the taskbar or the desktop so i have to navigate using the TAB key... and then just randomly it works again after like 5 min, but this happens on google chrome and internet explorer too, like when i press one of my bookmarks it opens it in a new tab and when i try to press the tab it just closes it, WHEREVER i press on the tab it just closes it. And i cannot press the options menu och google chrome as well.

This problem occured for the first time yesterday and i've been googling since then trying to find a fix but i havent, i have rebooted my pc from last week=didnt work, i have reinstalled my mouse=didnt work, i have plugged into another usb port=didnt work, i have virusscanned with avast, windows defender and malwarebytes but they didnt find anything.

i hope you guys understand my problem... please helpt asap *Sad

also when my taskbar lags out so i cant press anywhere, like u know when u hold your mouse on a icon it highlights it, but my cursor wont even highlight it

and i cant press on the search bar aswell

:)

Tkosj, Sep 18, 2015

2. HELP- my PC is acting weird

Sounds like you have logged into a temporary profile. Try restarting your computer a few times. Press Control + Alt + Delete

Click Sign out

At the sign in screen, click the power button, then click Restart. Do this a few times then try signing again. If the desktop still does not show up, then you will need to reboot into Safe Mode, sign in, then create a new local user account.

At the sign in screen:

Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen.

Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart.

Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears.

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced options

Click Startup Settings

Click Restart

Press (4) to Enable Safe Mode

Wait while Windows 10 starts in safe mode.

Try creating a local account:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/create-local-a...

Sign into the new account.

Open File Explorer on the Taskbar > This PC

Open the drive where Windows is installed

Open Users

Look if your old account old is there with your files

If they are, you can copy them over to the new account.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 18, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    HELP- my PC is acting weird

Hi Jaron, this is happening much too often at the moment, I think you are logged into a temporary account . . .

Please open Windows File Explorer

Navigate to C:\Users

Do you see your user profile appended with your computer name

Open that folder and check inside Pictures, Documents . . . etc. and see if your files are there

If your files are there:

Create a new user profile with Admin privileges

Copy all your data from the old profile to the new profile (Documents Library, Pictures Library . . . etc.)

DaveM121, Sep 18, 2015
  4. Tkosj Win User

Fixed: I closed explorer.exe in the task manager and then i rebooted my PC

Tkosj, Sep 18, 2015
Thema:

1. My mouse/pc is acting weird - Similar Threads - mouse acting weird

2. Mouse acting weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse acting weird: After a Windows update my mouse on my HP laptop is acting weird, is very laggy sometimes. It even freezes sometimes. I've tried almost every method that the experts posted on this forum and I still have the issue....
  3. My laptop acting weirdly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop acting weirdly: I have a problem in my laptop it acts weirdly whenever i'm typing on keyboard for example when i'm on notepad++ and writing something and i have more than a tab it moves from tab to another while writing but if i didn't touch the keyboard nothing happens. and something...
  4. My laptop acting weirdly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My laptop acting weirdly: I have a problem in my laptop it acts weirdly whenever i'm typing on keyboard for example when i'm on notepad++ and writing something and i have more than a tab it moves from tab to another while writing but if i didn't touch the keyboard nothing happens. and something...
  5. computer acting weird and mouse cursor disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer acting weird and mouse cursor disappeared: my mouse cursor disappeared and i use the touchpad. after it appeared i couldnt move it or right click where shows a small window. so....it started acting weird like the right tab window where has notifications started appearing without clicking anything. then the left side...
  6. my Computer or Windows 10 is acting weird.

my Computer or Windows 10 is acting weird.: Once I was done playing I quickly turned off my PC to go to sleep the next day I was gonna join with some friends and suddenly I noticed that my Sam folder and Recycling Bin ICONS were gone so I thought it was just a BUG I just ignored it and played with my friends then one...
  7. Mouse cursor acts weird and it's basically impossible to continue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor acts weird and it's basically impossible to continue: Good morning everyone, I hope some of you can help me. My mouse cursor acts extremely weird: when I left click it randomly executes a right click. Right now I must do a project on Inventor and it's basically impossible to continue. This is what I tried so far, but the problem...
  8. Mouse cursor acts weird

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse cursor acts weird: Good morning everyone, I hope some of you can help me. My mouse cursor acts extremely weird: when I left click it randomly executes a right click. Right now I must do a project on Inventor and it's basically impossible to continue. This is what I tried so far, but the problem...
  9. Windows on my laptop acting weird

Windows on my laptop acting weird: I have two issues after a few minutes of inactivity the mouse or pointer disappears and there is no way I can find it, the alternative is I push the power button till all is dark, then I push the button again and when windows wakes up I can see the mouse/pointer on the...
  10. PC acting weird after november's update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC acting weird after november's update: Hello guys, i am new here so i will try to be on point as possible. *Smile After the big update of this month (November 2015) my computer is acting strange. When i try to play any game, my FPS is fine, but after a couple of minutes the fps drop half and because of...