Windows 10: My mouse stopped working

Discus and support My mouse stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My wireless mouse suddenly stopped working and its laser is just blinking. I tried my other mouse too but that doesn't work either (my laptop does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pankrator, Aug 3, 2018.

1. pankrator Win User

My mouse stopped working

My wireless mouse suddenly stopped working and its laser is just blinking. I tried my other mouse too but that doesn't work either (my laptop does recognize them). Usb ports are fine, drivers are up to date, battery is charged. Tried troubleshooting, windows update and everything in device manager but no results. Any ideas?

:)

pankrator, Aug 3, 2018
  2. ATats70 Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse - stops working

Recently after an update to Windows 10, my Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse stops working.

After looking at some posts. The following steps seem to work.

In Device Manager, under Bluetooth uninstall devices, then under actions Scan for hardware changes.

This seems to work and the mouse works again however, these steps are repeated over the course of the day as the mouse stops working randomly.

I also notice that under other devices I have a number of devices that seem to be unknown

My mouse stopped working abf5f1d8-87fa-45b6-865d-0d934c380f6d.png

I also have a Microsoft phone 950xl and 640 however these drivers are for other nokia phones which we do not have.

Can someone suggest a permanent fix to (a) the Bluetooth mouse not needing to be reset the way I have been doing this (as listed above) and (b) a fix for these other devices.

The laptop I use is a Dell Inspiron 15 - 7000 Series

ATats70, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Marie Ave Win User
    Mouse stopped working

Hi Bec,

One possible reason that your mouse is not working is due to outdated or corrupted drivers. For us to isolate your concern, we would need the following details:

• Which version of Windows 10 have you installed recently? To see which version of Windows 10 is installed on your PC, click on the
      Start button and then select Settings. In
      Settings
      , select System > About.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?
    • Are you using a wireless or wired mouse?

We suggest that you run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select
      Hardware and Devices > Run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists, follow the troubleshooting steps provided in
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows article.

Update us with the results and let us know if you need further assistance.

Marie Ave, Aug 3, 2018
  4. My mouse stopped working

wireless mouse stopped working

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why your wireless mouse has stopped working is due to a driver or software conflict. Since you have already tried some troubleshooting steps, we would suggest you to follow the methods provided on this

support link
    on how to Resolve Bluetooth mouse or keyboard failure to function.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

My mouse stopped working

1. My mouse stopped working - Similar Threads - mouse stopped working

2. My keyboard and mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard and mouse stopped working: Widows 10 pro 64-bitwindows update version 1909 4gb rab 256gb ssdIntelR coreTM i5-5200 CPU @2.20GHzMy problem is:My keyboard and mouse stopped working after update but some of its keywords work like alt+f4 tab, num lock keys, etc,And after some times spend my mouse and...
  3. My keyboard and mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard and mouse stopped working: Widows 10 pro 64-bitwindows update version 1909 4gb rab 256gb ssdIntelR coreTM i5-5200 CPU @2.20GHzMy problem is:My keyboard and mouse stopped working after update but some of its keywords work like alt+f4 tab, num lock keys, etc,And after some times spend my mouse and...
  4. My keyboard and mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Mouse stops working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse stops working: My mouse randomly stops allowing me to click, ive tried DISM, scannow, virus scan, and fully reinstalling windows but nothing is working. Ive also made sure its not something simple like i changed it from left click to right click and it happens even when i try to use the...
  6. if my mouse is inactive it stops working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    if my mouse is inactive it stops working: hello, i was using my mouse and then had to type something on the computer and when i tried to move my mouse it didnt move my cursor i changed battery and it didnt chagne anything i tried it on all my ports new mice and old mice none them of them worked. turning off and on...
  7. My keyboard and mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My keyboard and mouse stopped working: my Lenovo will not wake up from hybernation unless I reboot. While trying to figure this out my keyboard and mouse stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-and-mouse-stopped-working/369b7251-0044-4413-9882-9250df86d1b5
  8. My mouse stops working randomly

My mouse stops working randomly: My computer has been bugged with two issues for the last few days: firstly, my mouse flickers off it has white LEDs and it becomes non-functional temporarily. Secondly, every once in awhile the mouse and the keyboard stop functioning entirely, my headphones which are plugged...
  9. My mouse suddenly stopped working

My mouse suddenly stopped working: So here’s what happened.....I was syncing my iPad with iTunes....Not much of a load.....Few minutes later i notices that the system froze, well i was wrong....Only the mouse froze and a notification popped up...”Restart to finish setting up Anvsoft Virtual...
  10. mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mouse stopped working: My mouse no longer works. Control shows where it SHOULD be, where I last touched the screen, but the pad will not move it and I cannot see the pointer. System says that the device is working. NOT....