Windows 10: My mouse stops

Discus and support My mouse stops in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For no apparent reason the mouse stops. When I click on an object the is no response and the keyboard at the same time stops….I have wait a few moments... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kaschiro1, Sep 13, 2016.

1. kaschiro1 Win User

My mouse stops

For no apparent reason the mouse stops. When I click on an object the is no response and the keyboard at the same time stops….I have wait a few moments 5-30 seconds it will start again..l.there is no warning that it going happen….went to Dell and download drivers no go one that. Every now and then when I click I get an hour glass, not to often on that….my wife who just got the new upgrade and it seems to do that(cheap mouse} my unit is a MS and I had no problem until the upgrade.
    Has any body else had the same problem???

:)

kaschiro1, Sep 13, 2016

2. Mouse stops working after resuming PC on Windows 10

Old title: mouse stop working,

my gaming mouse EagleWarrior stop working after putting my pc on suspensión

Windows does detect it but it doesnt recognize it

eva mendivil, Sep 13, 2016
  3. Add wire mouse to windows 10 driver

my wireless mouse stopped working and added wired mouse and no driver available

russellclark3439, Sep 13, 2016
  4. shimshom Win User

My mouse stops

Have you tried any other mouse both a wireless and a wired one to see if it makes any difference. Also just in case if it's wireless have you tried to replace the batteries which can be easy to overlook

shimshom, Sep 13, 2016
  5. kaschiro1 Win User
    Thanks for the reply, Yes I have replaced the batteries, which is the first thing to do! no go! replace key board and mouse, no go! Replace drivers from dell, no go! The mouse has a off/on switch turn off and on some times that works. It is strange that both quit at the same time. I have run out of ideas, whats next!!
    Thanks for the reply
    Kas

kaschiro1, Sep 13, 2016
  6. shimshom Win User
    what model Dell laptop you have and are you using external keyboard or is the problem with the internal one. If external does it have usb3 ports and if so try to connect the mouse to a usb2 port instead

shimshom, Sep 15, 2016
  7. kaschiro1 Win User
    Got your note today..Dell inspiron 17r n7110 is my computer. I have 2x 3.O ports, so I switch over to one of them.
    I will let you know how it is working.

I have switch over to a different browser and it wants me to put in my pass word and user name. To get this note to you I had to switch back to the Google browser, the new on is Chrome. I cannot find my password and user name, can you send them to me, so that I can use the other browser.

will let you know how the new usb port is working
    Kas

kaschiro1, Sep 15, 2016
  8. Bree New Member

My mouse stops

Do you mean the name and password to log into Tenforums? Your name is shown next to every one of your posts. Its kaschiro1 The FAQ tells you what to do if you've lost your password.
    https://www.tenforums.com/faq.php?s=&...xt=1&match=all

9. Berton Win User
    Yeah, different browsers store log-in data differently so changing does require enter the data again.

I've seen problems on some of my clients' computers with using older/slightly older USB devices in USB 3.0 ports where they work good in the USB 2.0 ports, printers included. There could be problems with the ports on the motherboard. There's also the possibility of Control Panel, Power Options settings not being correct, can be set to save power when renders them inoperative.

Berton, Sep 15, 2016
  10. shimshom Win User
    You should always keep your passwords in a secure file as a habit as can save many hours of time wasting looking for them. You don't say which browser you switched to but if it's Firefox then by default when installed it will ask to remember logins unless you disable it in the settings and as Bree mentioned above if you can't remember the login for this forum just use the link in Bree's post

shimshom, Sep 17, 2016
  11. shimshom Win User
    It's what makes technology so interesting and frustrating at the same time as it can be a hit and miss even on the same make motherboard and others where one works and one misbehaves

shimshom, Sep 17, 2016
  12. kaschiro1 Win User
    Shimshoum,
    good hearing from you. I tried adjusting the power setting and the pc ran slower, I put in a new Logitech key board and mouse and moved the dongle to the 3.0 port. I did d/l the driver for the sound again, yesterday it only did it once!!! But I think the problem is still there....would replacing the drivers for he usb's help??? I have a dell inpsiron 17r n7110..which driver should I use??? I know that is stupid question there may be more than one.
    Thanks,
    Kas

kaschiro1, Sep 17, 2016
  13. kaschiro1 Win User

My mouse stops

Shimshom,

I may be on a different track. It is not the key board or the mouse. The system starts OK and after a few moments when you click on something I get an hour glass and you cannot do anything until the glass is gone. The mail apps do not sync. I think we can rule out usb's . I have reset the unit once all ready, would it hurt to do any other??? When it is working it works fine. where do I go from here??
    Kas

kaschiro1, Sep 17, 2016
  14. kaschiro1 Win User
    This in reply to last post,
    I am getting to whits end. I do not thing it is keyboard or mouse,or usb. When I start up every thing is fine. and out of clear I get and hour glass and it takes 30-60 to clear and then everything is fine for the rest of the day, it is on constantly. I can operate photoshop and it stays open. I did a memory test and no problems found. I have a dell inspiron 17r with 8 g's of memory. my main program is photoshop and browsers. every was fine until I got the anniversary addition of win 10. When I got it back all of my progs were gone and I had to start over, which is fine I needed to upgrade any how. I did a reset and got new KB and Mouse, went to USB 3.0 some things work fine except for that once a day stop. I ran a Glary test and there was no problems. It seems like I am running out of memory but that seems to check out. Would be OK to do an other reset, Is there a test that I can do. I am retired but I am getting tired of waiting for it to start. Every thing was fine with the original win 10. Startup is fine startup is no problem.
    what kind of steps should I do next....More memory(better)??????
    Kas

kaschiro1, Sep 18, 2016
  15. shimshom Win User
    Sorry for slow reply but life gets busy down here. It'll have to be a process of elimination and could you supply some more details about your system such as do you have more than one antivirus/Security Suit running (Check in Programs and Features) you said you installed drivers for the mouse so try to roll back to previous drivers as usually if it's just a generic mouse Win 10 has the drivers for it. Right click Start choose Device Manager double click the listing for your mouse and in the driver tab roll it back if it's not greyed out. Also right click the taskbar open Task Manager go to the Startup tab and tell us what's marked as enabled there and being a laptop it would have come with a lot of bloatware so did you ever clean it out as well as there might be some unneeded services running in the background but try the above first. 8 gigs of RAM should be fine so don't worry about adding for now anyway. Also I mentioned in one of my posts you should connect the mouse to a USB 2 port if you have it not USB 3

shimshom, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

My mouse stops

1. My mouse stops - Similar Threads - mouse stops

2. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop: Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now new and different things so I just wanted to ask about thisA bit more info I have the ASUS TUF A15 and this issue has happened...
  3. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop: Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now new and different things so I just wanted to ask about thisA bit more info I have the ASUS TUF A15 and this issue has happened...
  4. a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll it: how do i fix a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll, i took it apart trying to fix the problem but nothing worked. its also very annoying because i play video games o here that use the scroll and a button to do something....
  5. a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll it

a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll it: how do i fix a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll, i took it apart trying to fix the problem but nothing worked. its also very annoying because i play video games o here that use the scroll and a button to do something....
  6. a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up: I restarted my pc and my keyboard and mouse stopped working on startup. Whenever I try to open windows it says my device ran into a problem and needs to restart, then it runs the automatic repair but then says it can’t repair. I think all my other usb ports stopped working as...
  8. Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up: I restarted my pc and my keyboard and mouse stopped working on startup. Whenever I try to open windows it says my device ran into a problem and needs to restart, then it runs the automatic repair but then says it can’t repair. I think all my other usb ports stopped working as...
  9. Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up

10. My mouse stops working and doesn’t work until I press the physical power button on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse stops working and doesn’t work until I press the physical power button on the...: So I use my computer for gaming on and off from 2:30 to 8:00. the computer doesn’t get overheated too much I make sure it doesn’t. I run windows 11 and I have tried using 3 different mice and they all have the same problem. I even checked drivers for all of them everything is...