Windows 10: My mouse wont click on certain places

Discus and support My mouse wont click on certain places in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so i've got this issue that comes and goes. Uh so basically my mouse wont click my taskbar sometimes and on google chrome when i press on one of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tkosj, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Tkosj Win User

My mouse wont click on certain places

so i've got this issue that comes and goes. Uh so basically my mouse wont click my taskbar sometimes and on google chrome when i press on one of my bookmarks it opens a new tab instead and when i press on it, it closes down, and no im not pressing the X, its wherever i press it will just close down.

This issue started happening this summer when i did a fresh install of Windows 10 but then i fixed it by restarting explorer.exe and it disappeared but now even that wont help. It started to happen again when i installed Windows 10 on my SSD yesterday and the problem just showed up and then after a while it disappeared but now its back again.

It is really frustrating. i read somewhere that it could be my middle mousewheel that is lagging up but i dont think so.

Helperino plez

:)

Tkosj, Oct 22, 2015

2. Nokia Maps wont route to certain places !!

Hiya

Can someone please try this for me ?

Can you please try and route from GPS and Route to Loftus

See if you can get a route because mine gets stuck at Calculating route and I am wondering if I have an issue with my version

I dont know how many other places mine wont goto but this is a regular one.

Loftus should come up as Redcar or Saltburn when it finds it and is in the UK

Thx

Paul

paulwilko---01, Oct 22, 2015
  3. Nokia Maps wont route to certain places !!

I have been experiencing this problem for the last few days. I hope Nokia corrects this problem quickly because my phone just keeps showing calculating route, although it does continue to show my position on the map as I am driving.

nabilrahmatalla, Oct 22, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Update chipset drivers and the problem might fix. If it is a touchpad, update the touchpad drivers as well.

spapakons, Oct 22, 2015
  5. Tkosj Win User
    i dont know how to update chipset drivers and its not a touchpad

Tkosj, Oct 23, 2015
  6. Tkosj Win User
    if u mean bios then yes its updated

Tkosj, Oct 23, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    Your chipset is Intel or AMD, according to your CPU. If it is Intel, go at Intel's site and then click Menu -> Support -> Downloads and Drivers. Then click browse for drivers, so you can manually select it. Go to Find by category, 1) Software, 2) Chipset software, 3) Intel chipset software installation utility and click find. Assuming your motherboard is a recent model, the latest driver should be OK. Otherwise, you need to pick an earlier driver from the list. Similar in AMD's site, if you have an AMD CPU.

spapakons, Oct 23, 2015
  8. Tkosj Win User

i know what the problem is, it was my mouse that fked up.

I have a steelseries rival and then i took my old mouse and restarted my pc and the problem was gone so the mouse is broke and im about to return it

Tkosj, Oct 23, 2015
  9. spapakons Win User
    Thankfully mice are quite cheap today. I remember when I first bought my first serial mouse in the 90's. I was to either buy a new game or a new mouse! Imagine that! The mouse was as expensive as buying a new game, that is about 45-50€ by todays standards!

spapakons, Oct 23, 2015
  10. Tkosj Win User
    the price of my steelseries rival was 60 euro

Tkosj, Oct 23, 2015
  11. spapakons Win User
    Guess was that a gamer's mouse? Ouch!

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My mouse wont click on certain places - Similar Threads - mouse wont click

2. Keyboard not working in certain places

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working in certain places: So I upgraded to windows 11 2 days ago and my keyboard does not want to work in the windows search, file explorer, settings and Minecraft windows edition I have tried so many solutions now and I've even tried another keyboard... I don't know what else to do...
  3. Keyboard not working in certain places

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard not working in certain places: So I upgraded to windows 11 2 days ago and my keyboard does not want to work in the windows search, file explorer, settings and Minecraft windows edition I have tried so many solutions now and I've even tried another keyboard... I don't know what else to do...
  4. Mouse jumping all over the place! clicking and rt clicking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse jumping all over the place! clicking and rt clicking: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AlphaRuthlessBee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vfktc7/mouse_jumping_all_over_the_place_clicking_and_rt/
  5. Mouse only clicks certain things on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse only clicks certain things on Windows 11: My computer recently started having problems with the mouse. It will click certain things, such as the new tab/close tab button on Google Chrome and the application shortcuts, but will not click some buttons, including the close, minimize, or any of the other buttons in the...
  6. Mouse only clicks certain things on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse only clicks certain things on Windows 11: My computer recently started having problems with the mouse. It will click certain things, such as the new tab/close tab button on Google Chrome and the application shortcuts, but will not click some buttons, including the close, minimize, or any of the other buttons in the...
  7. My mouse requires a specific place for my finger else it won't click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse requires a specific place for my finger else it won't click: So basically my mouse only clicks if i put my finger on a specific place, and it didn't used to have to do that. Previously, it worked wherever on the whole large button area. IS there a way to fix it? Do i need to clean out my mouse etc? any help welcome The mouse is from...
  8. A way to go directly to a certain workspace (with a mouse click)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A way to go directly to a certain workspace (with a mouse click): Hi Tired of clicking twice to go to a certain workspace (or virtual desktop) in Windows I'm looking for a way to display it the Linux way, ie by clicking directly to the virtual desktop I want:...
  9. Cannot type in certain places

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot type in certain places: I have a used Asus N53J laptop. The person who upgraded it to Windows 10 had a problem with the touchpad driver, but that is resolved. However, when you try to type in the search bar Cortana It won't type. It also will not type anything in Edge, or Mail, or Skype logon....
  10. mouse freezes and then right click wont respond

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse freezes and then right click wont respond: Hi guys. 4 days ago my mouse in my dell precision windows 10 laptop started freezing. The right click would not respond at clicking. i did alt+ctrl+shift renewed the windows explorer and then the left click function of the mouse would be reed but I had no right click. I...