Windows 10: My Music Playlists

Discus and support My Music Playlists in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had Music Playlists of 1950/60s Music, 1970s Music, 1980s Music, 1990s Music, 2000s + Music , Brass Band Music, Christmas Music. These have all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertGibson2, Aug 20, 2018.

1. My Music Playlists

I had Music Playlists of 1950/60s Music, 1970s Music, 1980s Music, 1990s Music, 2000s + Music , Brass Band Music, Christmas Music. These have all disappeared from my music library. Why/where has the music gone gone? the playlists are still there but all the music has gone!!!

:)

RobertGibson2, Aug 20, 2018
  2. Sasha100 Win User

WMP Will Not Save Playlist

I have a new computer with Win 10 Home installed. I am trying to use WMP and create some music playlists. When I create a list of songs and try to save them as a playlist I get a pop-up that says: "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while creating or saving the playlist". I have clicked on "Web Help" in the pop-up box and tried all the suggested solutions, but none of them have solved the problem. Can you please help.

Sasha100, Sep 13, 2018
  3. TOFO NYC Win User
    Empty Xbox Music Playlists on Windows Phone 8

How to Install / Load / Upload Playlists to Windows Phone 8.1 using the Xbox Music app

• Delete all playlists from the Xbox Music app manually on your PC/laptop

• Delete all playlists from your Xbox Music internet account manually

• Delete the Xbox Music app from Windows

• Delete both the Windows Phone desktop and Metro apps from your PC

• Go to your “Playlists” folder on your PC (which is your “Default Save Location” for your Music library in Windows Explorer)… and make sure that there are less than 100 playlists in that folder (because the Xbox Music app can only recognize
      100 at a time—which is dumb)

• You don’t need to delete the extra playlists, just move them to a separate folder (I called mine “Archived Playlists”) and make sure that it is NOT included in your Music library folder

• Note: If you have multiple copies of the same playlist (.wmp, .zpl., .m3u) then you will only want to keep one of those in your Music library folder (I used all WMP playlists in this sample)

• Once you have all your (100 or less) playlists chosen in your Music library folder, you should restart your computer

• In the meantime, Restore/Reset your phone (erasing everything, including SD Card… especially if that’s where the music is)

• Note: I’m not certain that you need to reset the entire phone, but this is just how I did it (to be on the safe side)

• Also, it should be pretty obvious that I am loading songs to my SD Card and not to the phone’s hard drive, but the same rules should apply either way (I think)

• After restarting your PC, reinstall the Xbox Music app and the Windows Phone desktop app on your PC

• Next, open the Xbox Music app and choose “Import Playlists”
      (it will now load all of the playlists in your Music library folder)

• Once all playlists are added to the Xbox Music app, then go to the Xbox Music website and login… and give it about 10 minutes to upload the playlists you imported in the app (it should happen automatically)

• You may have to refresh your screen to make sure all the playlists are there

• THESE NEXT STEPS ARE VERY IMPORTANT & MUST BE FOLLOWED CLOSELY

• Using the Windows Phone Desktop app, go to the “Add or Remove Folders” link/button, and REMOVE the folder where your playlists are stored (if you don’t take this step, then your playlists will show up TWICE on your phone… with half
        of them being empty—not sure why this happens)

• Note: After this step, there should NOT be any playlists showing up in your Windows Phone desktop app at this point.
          If there are, DO NOT select them to add to your phone (or they will show up empty) and/or try to find the source file and remove it from the detected folders in the Windows Phone desktop app

• Next, choose where you want your music installed (Phone or SD Card) using the Windows Phone desktop app, and then choose the music you want to load to your phone by selecting “Sync Music” or “Sync All Music” boxes, and then the “Sync”
        button

• Once all of the music is loaded using the Windows Phone desktop app, proceed to the next step

• Once all the songs are uploaded to your phone (according to the Windows Phone Desktop app), then go to your phone and open the Xbox Music app… and go to Settings and toggle on the “Connect to Streaming Music” and wait for the phone
      to “load/add” your songs, etc.

• Once everything is loaded, your playlists will start to pop up with the songs in them (this may take 10 minutes or so)

• You can then choose where you want the songs to be played from “Showing” toggle at the top of the Playlists lists (i.e., All Music, On my phone, SD Card, Streaming).

• If you don’t want music streamed, then don’t choose the “All Music” option—choose “SD Card” or “On my phone”

• That’s it. You should be all set. Based on this method, it is my understanding that the Playlists are actually loaded from your online Xbox Music account—not from your PC (even though the Windows Phone desktop app would
      lead one to believe so). But it’s entirely possible that I’m wrong. All I know at this point is… this method worked for me… after a lot of trial and error. Microsoft REALLY needs to simplify this. No one should have to work this hard to upload their playlists
      to their phones. No wonder Windows Phone is struggling!!!

TOFO NYC, Sep 13, 2018
  4. My Music Playlists

Music Syncing. Playlists. Local and DRM music.

Here are my options. Each one sucks and is not acceptable.

Sync with Windows Phone Modern App.

Pros:

• I get to listen to my music.
    Cons:

• Won't sync my Xbox Music playlist.
    • Won't sync my Windows Media Player playlist.

Sync with the Windows Phone Desktop App

Pros:

• I get to sync my Windows Media Player playlist.
    • I get to listen to some Xbox Music content. Yeah it's random.
    Cons:

• I don't get to listen to some Xbox Music content. You get an error "unable to confirm media rights usage.

Sync with Windows Media Player

Pros:

• None
    Cons:

• Doesn't work with Xbox Music content.
    • Won't sync the song on playlist that are Xbox Music Content.

Bobby J Cannon, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

My Music Playlists

1. My Music Playlists - Similar Threads - Music Playlists

2. Songs in Media Player formerly Groove Music playlists rearrange at random whenever I move...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Songs in Media Player formerly Groove Music playlists rearrange at random whenever I move...: After Groove updated to Media Player, I've found that whenever I move a song to a different spot in a playlist, another completely different song moves next to it. When I try to move the latter song back to its original spot in the playlist, another completely different song...
  3. Songs in Media Player formerly Groove Music playlists rearrange at random whenever I move...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Songs in Media Player formerly Groove Music playlists rearrange at random whenever I move...: After Groove updated to Media Player, I've found that whenever I move a song to a different spot in a playlist, another completely different song moves next to it. When I try to move the latter song back to its original spot in the playlist, another completely different song...
  4. Changes to playlist for Groove Music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes to playlist for Groove Music: I love Groove Music. It's a great app, and I have many playlists on it. None of these are major gripes, just suggestions.I would appreciate, however, if the button for removing a song from a playlist was not right next to the button for playing it. In fact, I'd just get rid...
  5. Changes to playlist for Groove Music

Changes to playlist for Groove Music: I love Groove Music. It's a great app, and I have many playlists on it. None of these are major gripes, just suggestions.I would appreciate, however, if the button for removing a song from a playlist was not right next to the button for playing it. In fact, I'd just get rid...
  6. Groove music playlist won't save song order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Groove music playlist won't save song order: I have my music saved in a specific order in a playlist in Groove Music with shuffle turned off. However, recently, I added some new pieces to the playlist again, in a specific order, then left the playlist and re-entered it, only to find that the playlist order had changed...
  7. Groove music playlist won't save song order

Groove music playlist won't save song order: I have my music saved in a specific order in a playlist in Groove Music with shuffle turned off. However, recently, I added some new pieces to the playlist again, in a specific order, then left the playlist and re-entered it, only to find that the playlist order had changed...
  8. Groove music playlist won't save song order

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I am having problems moving and manipulating songs in playlist with Groove Music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having problems moving and manipulating songs in playlist with Groove Music: Having problems with moving or manipulating songs in Groove Music playlist. HELP!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-problems-moving-and-manipulating-songs/39e2fa52-842d-439c-a51a-dfffbca87e34
  10. I am having problems moving and manipulating songs in playlist with Groove Music

I am having problems moving and manipulating songs in playlist with Groove Music: Having problems with moving or manipulating songs in Groove Music playlist. HELP!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-problems-moving-and-manipulating-songs/39e2fa52-842d-439c-a51a-dfffbca87e34