My New HP Laptop, Battery Question

Discus and support My New HP Laptop, Battery Question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well, my trusty Toshiba laptop died the other day. Wouldn't turn on at all (probably bad mother board). So, I went and purchased a new HP laptop, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mr Ed, May 25, 2018.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Well, my trusty Toshiba laptop died the other day. Wouldn't turn on at all (probably bad mother board). So, I went and purchased a new HP laptop, the same size and weight of my Toshiba (17" screen). My question has to do with the battery charging. My Toshiba charged to only 80%, whereas the HP charges to 100%. That being the case, would it be advisable to run the machine on battery power occasionally to benefit battery life? Many newer laptops don't have easily replaceable batteries, and I'd like to extend the life of mine as long as possible. I usually run my PC plugged in to AC, but still wish to preserve the battery. Thanks for your input.

:)

Mr Ed, May 25, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, May 29, 2018
  3. AbhijeetRoy Win User
    HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi Yaqub,

Thanks for the advise.

I have reinstalled the batteries ACPI in device manager about 5 times, but with no success.

Have also ran all updates, including bios updates from HP.

Finally did battery health check from Bios and using HP tool and both say the batter health is okay.

Is there anything else that can be done? I know another friend of mine who has had the same issue on his Sony vaio laptop after windows 10 upgrade.

Hope this can be resolved.

Thanks

AbhijeetRoy, May 29, 2018
Thema:

1. My New HP Laptop, Battery Question - Similar Threads - Laptop Battery Question

2. Rundll.32, Is my computer infected by a virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Rundll.32, Is my computer infected by a virus?: I am using Windows 10. When I am Ejecting(safely removing) a pendrive or SD card adaptor and notification is coming on right bottom corner mentioning "Windows host process (Rundll32) as shown in image. As far as I remember, this line was not coming before. Is my computer...
  3. Gamescom - New Alienware gaming desktops and Dell gaming monitors

in Windows 10 News
    Gamescom - New Alienware gaming desktops and Dell gaming monitors: Gamers both experienced and new now have more options to choose from in hardware, training and updates, with the launch of Alienware Aurora, NVIDIA and AMD graphics updates to Alienware Area 51; the availability of Alienware Academy; Alienware notebooks; and Dell gaming...
  4. HP kicks off Gamescom with OMEN innovations

in Windows 10 News
    HP kicks off Gamescom with OMEN innovations: OMEN by HP unveiled new hardware and mobile software innovations for gaming enthusiasts on the eve of the industry’s big Gamescom event in Cologne, Germany. On the hardware front, the OMEN Obelisk is the latest addition to the company’s desktop gaming family. On the software...
  5. media player door on Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media player door on Dell laptop: Found the dvd door on this laptop but no way to open it so that I can put a cd in it for my printers drivers. How to I open it? it has no button or anything, its a Dell laptop inspiron 15 3000 or so it says on the little label...
  6. when I try to connect my notebook on my private network I need network credentials . I dont...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when I try to connect my notebook on my private network I need network credentials . I dont...: when I try to connect my notebook on my private network I need network credentials . I dont know what they are. How can I log in on my notebook?...
  7. All my emails prior to yesterday are missing. Where did they go and how do I restore them?

in Windows 10 Customization
    All my emails prior to yesterday are missing. Where did they go and how do I restore them?: All my emails prior to yesterday are missing. Where did they go, and how can I restore them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/all-my-emails-prior-to-yesterday-are-missing-where/caac2dbf-a663-452b-b9a8-22484857589b
  8. My Music Playlists

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Music Playlists: I had Music Playlists of 1950/60s Music, 1970s Music, 1980s Music, 1990s Music, 2000s + Music , Brass Band Music, Christmas Music. These have all disappeared from my music library. Why/where has the music gone gone? the playlists are still there but all the music has gone!!!...
  9. Unable to reset my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to reset my computer: Hello! I was making this question as I was wondering how to reset my PC. I plan on selling it to a friend so naturally I wanted to wipe the hard drive so that it could be fresh and work properly. However when I go into the settings and go to reset the PC, every time it has...
  10. my videos stream are lagging (youtube and twitch)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my videos stream are lagging (youtube and twitch): i need help. when i watch youtuber videos or twitch video keeps lagging even when i lower the quality of the source (130p). the audio is fine (now) the video isn't in sync with the audio and just jumps where the audio is. my windows is up-to-date so is my anti virus just...