Windows 10: My New HP Laptop, Battery Question

Discus and support My New HP Laptop, Battery Question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well, my trusty Toshiba laptop died the other day. Wouldn't turn on at all (probably bad mother board). So, I went and purchased a new HP laptop, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mr Ed, May 25, 2018.

1. Mr Ed Win User

My New HP Laptop, Battery Question

Well, my trusty Toshiba laptop died the other day. Wouldn't turn on at all (probably bad mother board). So, I went and purchased a new HP laptop, the same size and weight of my Toshiba (17" screen). My question has to do with the battery charging. My Toshiba charged to only 80%, whereas the HP charges to 100%. That being the case, would it be advisable to run the machine on battery power occasionally to benefit battery life? Many newer laptops don't have easily replaceable batteries, and I'd like to extend the life of mine as long as possible. I usually run my PC plugged in to AC, but still wish to preserve the battery. Thanks for your input.

:)

Mr Ed, May 25, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, May 29, 2018
  3. AbhijeetRoy Win User
    HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi Yaqub,

Thanks for the advise.

I have reinstalled the batteries ACPI in device manager about 5 times, but with no success.

Have also ran all updates, including bios updates from HP.

Finally did battery health check from Bios and using HP tool and both say the batter health is okay.

Is there anything else that can be done? I know another friend of mine who has had the same issue on his Sony vaio laptop after windows 10 upgrade.

Hope this can be resolved.

Thanks

AbhijeetRoy, May 29, 2018
Thema:

My New HP Laptop, Battery Question

1. My New HP Laptop, Battery Question - Similar Threads - Laptop Battery Question

2. New Laptop Battery Not Charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Laptop Battery Not Charging: I have a Toshiba Satellite L550. The OEM battery was, at this point, eight years old and barely held a charge for more than 40 minutes if the AC adapter was unplugged. Went to a battery store today and got a replacement battery. I held my power button down while the AC was...
  3. new laptop battery not being detected by my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new laptop battery not being detected by my laptop: i just bought a new laptop battery after the old one went completely dead.After charging it for about 12hrs my laptop is not detecting it.When i put the battery in and turn on my laptop,the laptop won't turn on.if i try turning my laptop on when the battery is in and i have...
  4. HP LAPTOP NOT SHOWING BATTERY PERCENTAGE IN TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP LAPTOP NOT SHOWING BATTERY PERCENTAGE IN TASKBAR: Hello, There is no battery icon in the taskbar. I have tried the methods where you turn on and off icons on the tray, and the battery icon switch is greyed out. It says it's on, but it's not there. I have gone to the taskbar settings and it says that the battery icon should...
  5. Battery Question - My New HP Laptop

Battery Question - My New HP Laptop: Well, my trusty Toshiba laptop died the other day. Wouldn't turn on at all (probably bad mother board). So, I went and purchased a new HP laptop, the same size and weight of my Toshiba (17" screen). My question has to do with the battery charging. My Toshiba charged to only...
  6. HP Laptop battery ?

HP Laptop battery ?: I recently bought an: HP ENVY x360 Convertible - 15aq193ms - Laptop - with a: 3-cell, 43-Wh, 2.83-Ah, Li-ion battery - according the Manual. I am not 100% sure on the battery, since I cannot find the exact model I have listed anywhere. I bought it at the local MS store. I...
  7. Battery Question

Battery Question: I recall that in the past, it was good for the battery to let it run down a certain amount, then let it charge up again. Is that still the current train of thought? My Toshiba laptop is used mostly plugged in to the mains. I note that it never charges more than 80%. My guess...
  8. hp 15 laptop question

in Windows 10 Support
    hp 15 laptop question: Why does my system not respond to commands even typing there is a delay also loose connection to internet 50% of the time when searching the web ? Hp replaced HD 2 weeks ago now I have this problem bought laptop in oct and they say it is out of warranty only 3 months old...
  9. Laptop new battery problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop new battery problems: Hi Guys...... have just replaced the battery on an old laptop (yes it is on Windows 10) My problem is that it only charges to an indicated 73%. On some computers it is possible to recalibrate this indication - what can you suggest. I have metered the output from the...
  10. New HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    New HP Laptop: Good evening to all. Few weeks ago I got this HP 255G6 laptop it's working okay. Just wanted to check up on the latest drivers etc for it, So decided to run speccy to get all the info on this laptop. When I enter the serial number into the HP web site for updates drivers and...