Windows 10: My OneDrive Folder Is Empty

Discus and support My OneDrive Folder Is Empty in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello All, I just have a simple question. I use OneDrive regularly for different sharing options, either for music or for documents and even pictures.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rocky, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Rocky Win User

My OneDrive Folder Is Empty

Hello All,
    I just have a simple question. I use OneDrive regularly for different sharing options, either for music or for documents and even pictures. I just clicked on my OneDriver folder in my File Explorer and it is empty. I have not emptied it but I went there to delete a file.

What could have happened to all of my data and can I retrieve it?

:)

Rocky, Mar 30, 2017

2. Folders not visible after upgrade to 1511

Thanks for the suggestion. When I try this, on pressing "Restore Default" to the empty Documents folder in "My PC" it tells me that it intends to relocate the folder from C:\Users\{user name}\OneDrive\Documents to C:\Users\{user name}\Documents
    but on clicking OK it reports back "Access Denied".

What this is telling me is that the empty Documents folder under "My PC" is actually a OneDrive folder - in contrast, the Pictures, Videos, Download folders under "My PC" are
    not OneDrive. I'd assumed that the empty Documents folder was a C:\ folder not a OneDrive folder so that's an interesting observation.

Is there any way of pinning C:\Users\{user name}\Document to "My PC"?

london20000, Mar 30, 2017
  3. Cannot switch my local account to a Microsoft account in Accounts

is your onedrive online empty on your Microsoft account onedrive page.

when you select to show folder on PC onedrive folder, it should be same folders and files.

seahawks65, Mar 30, 2017
  4. Rocky Win User

OK, this is even weirder. I went to add a picture to my OneDrive folder and when I did it has a big red X on the file. Am I banned from One Drive?

Rocky, Mar 30, 2017
  5. Rocky Win User
    OK, thanks guys. It was just as easy as verifying my account after a clean install of Windows 10 1703.

Rocky, Mar 30, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    re-grant permission to this folder: 1.Right click at the OneDrive folder, and choose properties.

2.Click “security” item, and then choose “edit

3. add your use account to this.
    Or you can change the default OneDrive folder for this:
    1.Open File Explorer.
    2.Press and hold or right-click OneDrive in the left pane.
    3.Tap or click Properties, and then tap or click the Location tab.

4.Tap or click Move.
    5.In the Move Folder dialog box, tap or click Yes.
    If this still fails, uninstall OneDrive from the control panel and install it again.

spunk, Mar 30, 2017
  7. Rocky Win User
    Thank you very much but my user account is already there as is SYSTEM and Desktop Administrator. I actually do not know what to do at this point because it seemed to work for a minute after I verified this computer, but now I have the red X back.

Rocky, Mar 30, 2017
  8. spunk Win User

Did you try the Location tab?

spunk, Mar 30, 2017
  9. Rocky Win User
    I'm sorry, I couldn't find the location tab. I did go to OneDrive online and all of my old files were there, I just can't access them from file explorer. I will keep looking.

Rocky, Mar 30, 2017
  10. spunk Win User
  11. Rocky Win User
    I am sorry for your troubles, the fix was easy and it was all my fault. Early this morning I was working on an archive project where I absolutely needed access to my OneDrive folder, so all I did was rename the internal folders of OneDrive, one at a time, and that took the red X off the entire folder. I guess that these files are very name sensitive because it only took me a couple of minutes to change thew name one at a time and then the whole thing worked.

Rocky, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My OneDrive Folder Is Empty - Similar Threads - OneDrive Folder Empty

2. Empty folders in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty folders in OneDrive: I have a OneDrive account that will soon be deleted. All computers have been unlinked to the account. Yesterday I logged in all the files were as they should be. Today I go in to download some folders and files and half of the folders are now empty. The account has been idle...
  3. Empty folders in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty folders in OneDrive: I have a OneDrive account that will soon be deleted. All computers have been unlinked to the account. Yesterday I logged in all the files were as they should be. Today I go in to download some folders and files and half of the folders are now empty. The account has been idle...
  4. Empty folders in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Is it safe to delete empty folders in OneDrive?

Is it safe to delete empty folders in OneDrive?: 2 questions 1. Is it safe to delete empty folders in OneDrive?2. is it safe to delete empty folders in pc storage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-delete-empty-folders-in-onedrive/d0a52d54-3369-4e3d-b341-25c16d84320e
  6. Onedrive has emptied my local folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive has emptied my local folders: Help! Onedrive has emptied my local folders under ThisPC/WindowsC:/Users/myname/Documents How do I get them back? I wanted to use Onedrive as a cloud backup for my local data. But now it's all moved and not in my folders.How do I get things back in order? How do I prevent...
  7. Onedrive has emptied my local folders

Onedrive has emptied my local folders: Help! Onedrive has emptied my local folders under ThisPC/WindowsC:/Users/myname/Documents How do I get them back? I wanted to use Onedrive as a cloud backup for my local data. But now it's all moved and not in my folders.How do I get things back in order? How do I prevent...
  8. OneDrive keeps creating an empty folder on my desktop

OneDrive keeps creating an empty folder on my desktop: Previously I have a folder named "XQ" on my desktop with OneDrive sync on. Afterwards, I merged other folders and this one into another folder stored on my desktop. Now whenever I start-up my computer and use it, a folder is created on my desktop with the exact name "XQ",...
  9. empty onedrive folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    empty onedrive folders: How do we fix the onedsive system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/empty-onedrive-folders/18c9f268-86bd-46f6-aa85-d9646d226951
  10. empty onedrive folders

empty onedrive folders: How do we fix the onedsive system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/empty-onedrive-folders/18c9f268-86bd-46f6-aa85-d9646d226951

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive folders are empty

2. one drive folder is empty

3. one drive folder empty

4. onedrive folder empty windows 10,
  5. windows 10 onedrive folder empty,
  6. one drive folders are empty,
  7. onedrive folders empty,
  8. onedrive files empty,
  9. why is my onedrive folder empty,
  10. onedrive empty in explorer,
  11. one drive folders empty,