Windows 10: My Outlook PersonalFolders.pst file Disappeared Overnight

Discus and support My Outlook PersonalFolders.pst file Disappeared Overnight in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; When I opened Outlook this morning I got pretty much a blank screen, no mailbox, no messages at all. It took me little time to discover that my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by pencat12, May 8, 2016.

1. pencat12 Win User

My Outlook PersonalFolders.pst file Disappeared Overnight

When I opened Outlook this morning I got pretty much a blank screen, no mailbox, no messages at all. It took me little time to discover that my ThisPC/Documents/Outlook/PersonalFolders.pst file was gone. I did find a ThisPC/Documents/OutlookFiles/PersonalFolders2.pst file that appeared to be a backup, right date (today), and right size (884,881KB). But Outlook won't load that file, I still see no folders and no messages.

I have no idea how this happened, everything was fine last night. Is there any way to get Outlook to open that backup file?

Computer: Dell Precision M4800 laptop, 16GB memory, 500GB disc
    Windows: Win10 Pro, 64-bit
    Office 365 - Offcat shows: Office Professional Hybrid 2007 (Retail/OEM edition) apparently because I also purchased and installed Visio. Offcat also shows Outlook as 2016 version.

:)

pencat12, May 8, 2016

2. Email System Error

Somehow one of the email accounts did disappear overnight on Outlook, but now I can not get that account to sync, it has been over 4 hrs syncing. I also can not delete it.

LesHettinger, May 8, 2016
  3. Enquiry87 Win User
    Lost contact photos

Overnight all my photos attached to my contacts disappeared on my phone Lumia 830 and the live tiles of contacts. Next day when I signed into outlook on my desktop, it had upgraded to the new multi colour. I can put back the photos and live tiles, but what
    happened?

Enquiry87, May 8, 2016
  4. pencat12 Win User

I still don't know how it happened, but I did manage to find the scanpst.exe utility and was able to repair my corrupted backup file and recover what I suspect is most but not all of my e-mail messages. I say that because the recovered file is a bit smaller than the original. But I'm just happy to have the vast majority (>98%) of it back.

pencat12, May 8, 2016
Thema:

1. My Outlook PersonalFolders.pst file Disappeared Overnight - Similar Threads - Outlook PersonalFolders pst

2. outlook pst file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook pst file: hi the file working fine on my pc, and was on my tablet till few hours ago, i tried put the pst file on my usb to save space as kept getting one drive was nearly full, but outlook would not open when i try to go back keep getting this message popping up, gone as it says into...
  3. outlook pst file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook pst file: hi the file working fine on my pc, and was on my tablet till few hours ago, i tried put the pst file on my usb to save space as kept getting one drive was nearly full, but outlook would not open when i try to go back keep getting this message popping up, gone as it says into...
  4. Help with lost Outlook .pst file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with lost Outlook .pst file: Hey, hope you guys can help me!I use outlook and the .pst file is stored in my onedrive folder.I'm not sure what happened but the .pst file has completely disappeared from the 'outlook files' ! And therefore when I open outlook it has lost all of my folders.I've tried to...
  5. Help with lost Outlook .pst file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with lost Outlook .pst file: Hey, hope you guys can help me!I use outlook and the .pst file is stored in my onedrive folder.I'm not sure what happened but the .pst file has completely disappeared from the 'outlook files' ! And therefore when I open outlook it has lost all of my folders.I've tried to...
  6. Help with lost Outlook .pst file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Import Outlook .pst files into O365 Outlook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Import Outlook .pst files into O365 Outlook: Hi all, I have just updated my W8.1 to W10 and discovered that the Mail app in W10 cannot import outlook .pst files or contacts, My old version of W8.1 is gone and I no longer have access to Outlook, all i have is the backup .pst files If I go down the path of buying O365...
  8. Outlook pst files

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook pst files: This is weird I am trying to copy the pst from my main computer it is roughly 4GB in size to a USB stick to import it to my new laptop. I have 43GB of empty space on my stick yet I get the error message that the pst file is to big for my stick. Now that is weird can anyone...
  9. Outlook pst file reader?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook pst file reader?: I'm trying to access .pst files from Outlook from a previous laptop. I currently don't have Outlook on my laptop (W10). Can anyone recommend a good (and safe) pst file reader. Freeware would be great. Thanks! 44347
  10. Outlook 2016 pst file disappeared. How to find/recover/reconstruct

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 pst file disappeared. How to find/recover/reconstruct: Wife's computer... Last Thursday she reported that the display of emails in her Inbox was blank. Subsequently found that the pst file named <her email address>.com(1).pst was not in the folder. It showed in Quick Access, date last accessed, file size of around 21GB, but...