Windows 10: My own Lock Screen Picture does not show at startup

Discus and support My own Lock Screen Picture does not show at startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After Upgrading to the new W10 platform download last weekend I now have the following issue: My sign in screen picture is no longer available. From... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Merlin1944, Oct 5, 2016.

1. My own Lock Screen Picture does not show at startup

After Upgrading to the new W10 platform download last weekend I now have the following issue: My sign in screen picture is no longer available. From the Lock Screen tab in settings I choose my own picture to display. The picture I have selected appears in the correct picture box in settings but when I restart my PC the startup page picture is one of Microsoft's own & mine is nowhere to be seen. I go back into settings/Lock Screen & there is my picture for all to see. I have tried both combinations of "Show Lock Screen Background On the Sign-In Screen" but the result is the same. Any ideas? merlin

:)

Merlin1944, Oct 5, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

Get rid of new startup screen: golden arches and big boulders

Go Settings, Personalization, Lock screen. Background - Picture. Pick one of theirs or Browse and find one of your own pictures and click on it.

Also near the bottom turn on Show lock screen picture on Sign-in screen.

lacrumb, Oct 5, 2016
  3. AlanMick Win User
    Lock Screen Image Does Not Display as Login Screen

I have my "lock screen" set to a picture I have chosen. I have turned on "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen". When I lock, the lock screen picture I have chosen is displayed. However, when I log out and latter log in again, some other
    picture is displayed; one of the "default" pictures, not the custom picture I have selected as my lock screen.

How do I make the lock screen and sign on screen picture the same - I have already selected "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" and it does not work.

AlanMick, Oct 5, 2016
  4. SonicBlue Win User

My own Lock Screen Picture does not show at startup

On one of my pc's the picture and selection is greyed out and won't let me change it so I found a work around. Open the picture you want in the "Photo" app click the three dots on the right side and click Set to, then Lock screen.

SonicBlue, Oct 6, 2016
Thema:

My own Lock Screen Picture does not show at startup

1. My own Lock Screen Picture does not show at startup - Similar Threads - own Lock Screen

2. Windows does not show other users in lock screen except my own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not show other users in lock screen except my own: Hello,I previously had this issue, but then reset and clean installed windows and it just came back a few days later, I have no intention of doing that again.Windows was working perfectly fine, but then after a few days, when I try to log into another user besides my own, it...
  3. Windows does not show other users in lock screen except my own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows does not show other users in lock screen except my own: Hello,I previously had this issue, but then reset and clean installed windows and it just came back a few days later, I have no intention of doing that again.Windows was working perfectly fine, but then after a few days, when I try to log into another user besides my own, it...
  4. Lock Screen Keeps On Showing The Same Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Keeps On Showing The Same Picture: I am using Windows 10 Home, 64-bit.The lock screen keeps on showing the same picture every time that I boot up. All of my friends' computers display a new picture every time that they boot up.Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen -> change to Picture or Slideshow and...
  5. Lock Screen Keeps On Showing The Same Picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Keeps On Showing The Same Picture: I am using Windows 10 Home, 64-bit.The lock screen keeps on showing the same picture every time that I boot up. All of my friends' computers display a new picture every time that they boot up.Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen -> change to Picture or Slideshow and...
  6. Lock Screen Keeps On Showing The Same Picture

7. Account picture not showing on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account picture not showing on lock screen: Account picture not showing on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-picture-not-showing-on-lock-screen/74860205-44df-4cc3-b29e-4c2a8456202d
  8. Account picture not showing on lock screen

Account picture not showing on lock screen: Account picture not showing on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-picture-not-showing-on-lock-screen/74860205-44df-4cc3-b29e-4c2a8456202d
  9. how to enable pictures on startup--not lock screen

how to enable pictures on startup--not lock screen: Windows 10--when the computer starts, there is no background with the date. How do I enable the pictures on startup--not lock screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-pictures-on-startup-not-lock-screen/9413b278-9a26-4789-9d5f-581fa70be93e
  10. No profile image in startup screen and pictures in lock screen.

No profile image in startup screen and pictures in lock screen.: These aren't very important problems, but I'm just curious why this happen after Anniversary Upgrade. - When I start my PC or when I shutdown/restart, in the log screen there isn't my profile image. Just the generic blank one. The image is still present when I click on...