Windows 10: My PC became unactivated.

Discus and support My PC became unactivated. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; [img] [img] 99420 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ztartennery, Dec 1, 2017.

1. My PC became unactivated.

My PC became unactivated. [​IMG]

:)

ztartennery, Dec 1, 2017
  2. Josiah.G Win User

Windows 10 not Activated after Upgrade

Hi,

I have a Windows 8.1 Tablet, running the full Windows 8.1, anyway, it upgraded to Windows 10, but when I did, Windows 10 became unactivated, it was activated when it ran Windows 8.1, but now, it upgraded, it is unactivated, any help would be great!

Thanks,

Josiah.G, Dec 1, 2017
  3. Upgraded my PC and Windows is in an unactivated state

I recently upgraded my pc motherboard, power supply and graphics card. I still have the same hard drive, cpu etc the old parts for my PC are no longer used. Once I turned on my PC I still had everything on my hard drive but my windows 10 says it is needing
    to be activated. I had windows 8.1 then upgraded for free on my PC. I think Microsoft thinks I copied it on to a different computer as I changed the motherboard. What should I do to activate my account?

GrantRanger, Dec 1, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

My PC became unactivated.

Apparently the key you provided and the edition of Windows you're running don't match. If you can't provide a key that's valid for the version you're running, you'll have to reinstall the version you have keys for. What keys do you have? Looks like you've got Pro installed, so I'm guessing you have Home licenses? Please elaborate on your situation so that extremely knowledgeable folks like @Superfly can chime in.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 1, 2017
  5. My windows 10 is upgraded from Windows 8 Pro within the first year Windows 10 released, so it is a valid free license for Windows 10 Pro, and have no problem with activation for 2 years. However, I recently recovered my Windows 10 from a system image with Acronis True Image. I am not sure if it is the cause as I use Acronis True Image many years without problems.

ztartennery, Dec 1, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Try opening a Command Prompt (Admin) - or "Run as Administrator" Command Prompt and run the following two commands and post the results here:

slmgr /ato
    slmgr /dlv

NavyLCDR, Dec 1, 2017
  7. Woody72 Win User
    Or book a support phone call from Microsoft. I replaced my CPU, motherboard and RAM on Saturday (first upgrade since 2010 *Eek) and my Windows deactivated. I spoke to a very nice lady in India who remoted onto my PC, took a screenshot of the receipt for all the new bits and finally provided me with a Win 10 Pro activation key. I had to re-install because I was on an insider build but a few minutes later I was up and running and legit again *Smile.

Woody72, Dec 17, 2017
  8. sn00ker Win User

sn00ker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My PC became unactivated. - Similar Threads - became unactivated

2. My S touch became merged with my caps lock, my W touch became unusable because when i click...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My S touch became merged with my caps lock, my W touch became unusable because when i click...: when i click s, it turns into caps and when i click volume up button, the mail app appears, and when i click volume down button, the files app appears. I think it is an software issue because the keyboard troubleshoot did not work as it did not detect anything....
  3. My S touch became merged with my caps lock, my W touch became unusable because when i click...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My S touch became merged with my caps lock, my W touch became unusable because when i click...: when i click s, it turns into caps and when i click volume up button, the mail app appears, and when i click volume down button, the files app appears. I think it is an software issue because the keyboard troubleshoot did not work as it did not detect anything....
  4. My S touch became merged with my caps lock, my W touch became unusable because when i click...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why after windows 11 update is windows became bad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why after windows 11 update is windows became bad: It's 24h2 there is microsoft apps only settings,edge and windows backup why windows 11 24h2 like that windows 11 21h2,22h2 and 23h2 was very good but in the first of 23h2 repaired version windows In my pc was slower than 23h2. Can anybody say why windows 24h2 is like that...
  6. Why after windows 11 update is windows became bad

Why after windows 11 update is windows became bad: It's 24h2 there is microsoft apps only settings,edge and windows backup why windows 11 24h2 like that windows 11 21h2,22h2 and 23h2 was very good but in the first of 23h2 repaired version windows In my pc was slower than 23h2. Can anybody say why windows 24h2 is like that...
  7. Why haven't my device logged of a lost account as soon as it became lost, now I can't even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why haven't my device logged of a lost account as soon as it became lost, now I can't even...: I have been meaning to take screenshots of my issue here but the thing is, each screenshot I take is being stored in the user/onedrive - boun.edu.tr which is a lost email and I can't move it from there. So, I can understand the fact that the files are stuck since the school...
  8. Why haven't my device logged of a lost account as soon as it became lost, now I can't even...

Why haven't my device logged of a lost account as soon as it became lost, now I can't even...: I have been meaning to take screenshots of my issue here but the thing is, each screenshot I take is being stored in the user/onedrive - boun.edu.tr which is a lost email and I can't move it from there. So, I can understand the fact that the files are stuck since the school...
  9. My activated Windows 10 Home became Windows 10 Enterprise unactivated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My activated Windows 10 Home became Windows 10 Enterprise unactivated: Hello, I purchased a used HP PC with an authentic product key of Windows 7 Home Premium attached to it a sticker. I replaced to HDD to SSD and installed Windows 10. I activated Windows successfully using the attached product key It said Windows 10 Home activated using a...
  10. Windows 10 home suddenly changed to enterprise and became unactivated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 home suddenly changed to enterprise and became unactivated: My windows 10 suddenly changed from Home to Enterprise within the last 24 hours and become inactivated. No windows updates within the last 24 hours. Please help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer comes back from maintenance with unactivated windows