Windows 10: My PC became unactivated.

Discus and support My PC became unactivated. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; [img] [img] 99420 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ztartennery, Dec 1, 2017.

1. My PC became unactivated.

My PC became unactivated. [​IMG]

:)

ztartennery, Dec 1, 2017
  2. Josiah.G Win User

Windows 10 not Activated after Upgrade

Hi,

I have a Windows 8.1 Tablet, running the full Windows 8.1, anyway, it upgraded to Windows 10, but when I did, Windows 10 became unactivated, it was activated when it ran Windows 8.1, but now, it upgraded, it is unactivated, any help would be great!

Thanks,

Josiah.G, Dec 1, 2017
  3. Upgraded my PC and Windows is in an unactivated state

I recently upgraded my pc motherboard, power supply and graphics card. I still have the same hard drive, cpu etc the old parts for my PC are no longer used. Once I turned on my PC I still had everything on my hard drive but my windows 10 says it is needing
    to be activated. I had windows 8.1 then upgraded for free on my PC. I think Microsoft thinks I copied it on to a different computer as I changed the motherboard. What should I do to activate my account?

GrantRanger, Dec 1, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

My PC became unactivated.

Apparently the key you provided and the edition of Windows you're running don't match. If you can't provide a key that's valid for the version you're running, you'll have to reinstall the version you have keys for. What keys do you have? Looks like you've got Pro installed, so I'm guessing you have Home licenses? Please elaborate on your situation so that extremely knowledgeable folks like @Superfly can chime in.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 1, 2017
  5. My windows 10 is upgraded from Windows 8 Pro within the first year Windows 10 released, so it is a valid free license for Windows 10 Pro, and have no problem with activation for 2 years. However, I recently recovered my Windows 10 from a system image with Acronis True Image. I am not sure if it is the cause as I use Acronis True Image many years without problems.

ztartennery, Dec 1, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Try opening a Command Prompt (Admin) - or "Run as Administrator" Command Prompt and run the following two commands and post the results here:

slmgr /ato
    slmgr /dlv

NavyLCDR, Dec 1, 2017
  7. Woody72 Win User
    Or book a support phone call from Microsoft. I replaced my CPU, motherboard and RAM on Saturday (first upgrade since 2010 *Eek) and my Windows deactivated. I spoke to a very nice lady in India who remoted onto my PC, took a screenshot of the receipt for all the new bits and finally provided me with a Win 10 Pro activation key. I had to re-install because I was on an insider build but a few minutes later I was up and running and legit again *Smile.

Woody72, Dec 17, 2017
  8. sn00ker Win User

sn00ker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My PC became unactivated. - Similar Threads - became unactivated

2. I did a systemreset and now my windows 10 key became invalid

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I did a systemreset and now my windows 10 key became invalid: Hello, I did a systemreset and now my windows 10 key became invalid. I need a new product key, someone has hacked my product key key. This is not normal, I cannot afford buying a new product key when I do system reset to clean my pc of excess files....
  3. after moving photos from phone to pc, one folder became 11tb and i cant view the images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    after moving photos from phone to pc, one folder became 11tb and i cant view the images: every other folder is fine, just the one for some reason. all the photos inside are exactly 11.7 gb, but when you open properties it says that "size on disk" is normal, but "size" is huge. I have tried: -opening in different viewers -moving back to the phone, it moved the...
  4. Help! Desktop Icon size became rectangle.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help! Desktop Icon size became rectangle.: So i was Adjusting cleartype text and when i finished it every icon became rectangle , also spacing is also changed I Tried -restart -sign-out -clearing icon cache -readusted resolution (current 1920*1080[default]) nothing worked yet Welp! Its looking awful[IMG]...
  5. After linking my files to one drive they became read-only files and I cannot use them, I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After linking my files to one drive they became read-only files and I cannot use them, I...: After linking my files to one drive they became read-only files and I cannot use them, I was transferring files from my old laptop to my new one and now both laptops is messed up...
  6. Installing Antivirus make your PC SLOW. My PC has Win 7 and it becam slow since i installed...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Installing Antivirus make your PC SLOW. My PC has Win 7 and it becam slow since i installed...: It is a general Question. Installing Antivirus make your PC SLOW. My PC has Win 7 and it became slow since I installed antivirus.?? what is the reason because of antivirus or because of virus?? My PC Configuration i3 5th gen 500 GB harddisk 4GB Ram Win 10...
  7. My laptop display (fonts) became smaller and hard to read after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop display (fonts) became smaller and hard to read after windows update: Hello, I am so annoyed by the fact that after an update, my laptop display (fonts) became small and hard to read. I have tried to restore my laptop and stuff and they didn't work. I called windows support and the person hang up the phone. It's windows 10 btw. I'd like to...
  8. lockscreen and desktop screen became 2-3 inches shorter on the right side

in Windows 10 Customization
    lockscreen and desktop screen became 2-3 inches shorter on the right side: I recently had to do a reset on my win 10. Before the reset all displays filled the entire screen. After the reset all my displays became 2-3" s shorter on the right side ( both up and down as well as from right to left). Now there is a solid black space instead of any diplay...
  9. Microsoft Word file became hidden and lost the newest saved version after Windows auto update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Word file became hidden and lost the newest saved version after Windows auto update: I had a word document on my desktop that I updated and saved yesterday. Today my laptop automatically updated, and when I turned it back on, that document was gone. It was only visible under the Recent Files list in Quick Access, and it showed that the document's...
  10. Room booking just became easier in Outlook on the web

in Windows 10 News
    Room booking just became easier in Outlook on the web: How often have you tried to find rooms that are available for your meeting's time, your recurring series, have the capacity and resources you need, and are close to you? Probably enough to acknowledge it can be a bit time consuming, especially if you are creating a recurring...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer comes back from maintenance with unactivated windows