Windows 10: My PC comes back on after I shut it down

Discus and support My PC comes back on after I shut it down in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; For the last couple of months, my PC restarts, even when I select Shutdown from the options. I turn it off manually when it does that. Tonight when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by therealsimpsons, Sep 29, 2016.

1. My PC comes back on after I shut it down

For the last couple of months, my PC restarts, even when I select Shutdown from the options. I turn it off manually when it does that. Tonight when I came home from being out for dinner, my PC was on, and there was a notification that MS had installed updates. I know with 100% certainty it was off when I left.

Do those bas***** at MS have a way to turn on my PC remotely? Is there something someone has put on my PC to keep me from shutting it off? I have run two anti-virus programs and a spyware program and none of them found anything.

Thoughts from the experts please

:)

therealsimpsons, Sep 29, 2016
  2. sel67 Win User

Pc restarting itself after shut down - Windows 10 update

Since the Windows 10 update, my Lenovo PC restarts itself after I've shut it down. I shut down as normal and the PC goes off, then when I come back maybe 5 minutes later it has turned itself back on! How can I resolve this?

sel67, Sep 29, 2016
  3. Problems after recent Window 10 updates

The pc restarts automatically about after 5 mins after I on the pc.. I'm using on the internet. No errors messages. It just restarts.. like I said I shutdown my pc normally. Then when I bring it up later it come back up with the internet and normally
    comes up with what I was doing the last time I shut down the internet normally then shut down my pc normally.

Thanks for your reply.. any thoughts.

JackTarasovitch, Sep 29, 2016
  4. roblinb Win User

My PC comes back on after I shut it down

Might want to check your network adapter settings in device manager. I've heard of this before... I think yours might have something checked or selected that could keep your computer from shutting down... the exact words escape me right now, but it's something along the lines of "allow this device to keep computer on" I think.

roblinb, Sep 29, 2016
  5. Doesn't appear to be the issue.

6. roblinb Win User
    Did you ensure that there are no "wake on" settings enabled in BIOS?

The only other thing I can think of, is that your motherboard could be damaged. Hopefully that's not the case.

roblinb, Sep 29, 2016
  7. I have no idea how to look at BIOS or what to look for.

8. Bastet Win User

For computer always turning on:
    Power Options>Edit plan settings>change advanced powersettings>Sleep> Change settings to disable.
    Network &sharing centre>change adapter settings>R click forProperties>configure>Power management, remove tick from allow device towake computer.

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My PC comes back on after I shut it down - Similar Threads - comes shut down

2. PC boots back up after shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC boots back up after shutting down: I have windows 11 and every time i click power off, and shuts off, a second later it will boot back up and usually when this occurs I just turn the pc off by the power supply. How can i fix this issue? I have tried adjusting power plans and automatic startup and still does...
  3. PC turns itself back on after shut down

PC turns itself back on after shut down: Happened to me this morning, i got off my computer and clicked on shutdown and immediately after it restarted. I retried shutting it down today but it just restarts....
  4. PC turns itself back on after shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC turns itself back on after shut down: Happened to me this morning, i got off my computer and clicked on shutdown and immediately after it restarted. I retried shutting it down today but it just restarts....
  5. Every time I shut down my pc and come back to it, it resets itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I shut down my pc and come back to it, it resets itself.: This problem started yesterday morning. I turned off my computer and came back to it. When I came back I noticed the Lock Screen background was set to default. I put in my password and noticed my desktop wallpaper background was also set to default and my folders where not...
  6. Every time I shut down my pc and come back to it, it resets itself.

Every time I shut down my pc and come back to it, it resets itself.: This problem started yesterday morning. I turned off my computer and came back to it. When I came back I noticed the Lock Screen background was set to default. I put in my password and noticed my desktop wallpaper background was also set to default and my folders where not...
  7. Every time I shut down my pc and come back to it, it resets itself.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. My Windows 10 PC temporarily shuts down when restarting. The PC 'will' come back up after...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Windows 10 PC temporarily shuts down when restarting. The PC 'will' come back up after...: I am building a Windows 10 PC and have spent a considerable amount of time researching and verifying that the IO header Pins are seated correctly.The RESET SW, HDD LED, POWER SW, POWER LED, are all positioned correctly with regard to the jumper pins. The motherboard is...
  9. My Windows 10 PC temporarily shuts down when restarting. The PC 'will' come back up after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 PC temporarily shuts down when restarting. The PC 'will' come back up after...: I am building a Windows 10 PC and have spent a considerable amount of time researching and verifying that the IO header Pins are seated correctly.The RESET SW, HDD LED, POWER SW, POWER LED, are all positioned correctly with regard to the jumper pins. The motherboard is...
  10. My Windows 10 PC temporarily shuts down when restarting. The PC 'will' come back up after...