Windows 10: my pc CPU temp seems to be high lately

Discus and support my pc CPU temp seems to be high lately in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; i dont know why.. maybe its because i keep downloading large wallpaper images? i have wisecare 365 program, and the floating image always shows a high... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Pathfinder, Jul 25, 2017.

1. my pc CPU temp seems to be high lately

i dont know why.. maybe its because i keep downloading large wallpaper images? i have wisecare 365 program, and the floating image always shows a high temp. blue range of 62° is normal level. but orange range of 72-74° is cause for concern. does using a cooling pad help at all? if its the fan or something else that needs replacing, i dont have the resource to replace said part(s)

:)

Pathfinder, Jul 25, 2017
  2. luboceric Win User

Temperature issues in Windows 10 system

Original Title: CPU Temp

I have been using an Asus "automatic" Overclocking suite and it manages to get the CPU up to 4.6 Ghz at which time I get the BSOD, reboot automatically & get an OC speed of max 4.5 on 2 cores, and 4.4 on 4 cores. I use a single fan water cooler but lately
    the temps have been getting very high. [Using Win 10 for a month or so]

I wanted to know what is a good "max" temp to aim for? It's a 4770K i7 CPU.

Temps used to go over 74 C all the time.

Now they tend to stay at 66 - 67 and sometimes just get to 68 for a couple moments.

Is that way too high? Or too high?

I've seen posts here about temps reaching 60 C and user is "concerned" etc.

luboceric, Jul 25, 2017
  3. Rory_TX Win User
    My Brand New Laptop is running hot on windows 10

I monitor my temps constantly. Win10 is running several degrees warming than Win 8 doing the same task (work PC). Nothing major, but definitely warmer. Win8 was low / mid 40s, Win10 is high 40s to low 50s. Even when CPU usage is low the temp is high.
    Might be an issue with temp being reported wrong.

Should not be at 50c when CPU is idle, doesn't make sense.

Rory_TX, Jul 25, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

my pc CPU temp seems to be high lately

It might need some cleaning, computers are such good dust collectors. Cooling pads are most likely useless unless a fan is directly under air intake grill. Coolers of this type Top Quality Mini Vacuum USB Cooler Air Extracting Cooling Fan Turbo Radiator Specially for Laptop Notebook Low Noise Cooling Fan - Newegg.com are better.
    High Quality Cooler Mini Vacuum USB Air Laptop Cooling Fan Cooler for Notebook Laptop New Cooling Pads Notebook Stand Cooler - Newegg.com
    Wanmingtek Notebook Laptop Cooler USB Fan Cooling Air Cooler Speed Adjustable with Screen for Notebook Laptop Gamer-Newegg.com

CountMike, Jul 25, 2017
  5. i will look into a pc vacuum device. i saw a few at local tech store yesterday. i will also continue using my cooling pad if and when iam on the pc for more than 3 hours. cheers

Pathfinder, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

my pc CPU temp seems to be high lately

1. my pc CPU temp seems to be high lately - Similar Threads - CPU temp seems

2. PC boasting high CPU temps lately, 80+ with minimal programs running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC boasting high CPU temps lately, 80+ with minimal programs running: Current Build:Case: Mini ITX NZXT with 140mm AIO CoolerCPU: Intel Core i7 10700KGPU: RTX 2070 SuperMotherboard: Gigabyte Z490I AORUS ULTRARAM: Corsair DDR4 x2Audio: Nvidia High Def Audio, Corsair Void Elite Wireless HeadsetI only really play The Cycle: Frontier currently on...
  3. PC boasting high CPU temps lately, 80+ with minimal programs running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boasting high CPU temps lately, 80+ with minimal programs running: Current Build:Case: Mini ITX NZXT with 140mm AIO CoolerCPU: Intel Core i7 10700KGPU: RTX 2070 SuperMotherboard: Gigabyte Z490I AORUS ULTRARAM: Corsair DDR4 x2Audio: Nvidia High Def Audio, Corsair Void Elite Wireless HeadsetI only really play The Cycle: Frontier currently on...
  4. PC boasting high CPU temps lately, 80+ with minimal programs running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. High CPU/GPU Temps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU/GPU Temps: Hi, I've noticed high CPU/GPU temps when my watercooler pump and fan are maxed out and all the fans are maxed out currently I only have a browser open and my temps are as follows: [img] What is also concerning is currently my GTX 1070 is only powering the 2 monitors(Not...
  6. High CPU/GPU Temps

in Windows 10 Support
    High CPU/GPU Temps: Hi, I've noticed high CPU/GPU temps when my watercooler pump and fan are maxed out and all the fans are maxed out currently I only have a browser open and my temps are as follows: [img] What is also concerning is currently my GTX 1070 is only powering the 2 monitors(Not...
  7. High CPU usage lately

High CPU usage lately: Hi, Over the last few days I have noticed incredibly high CPU usage. Cortana was once using 40% of my CPU for a few minutes. League of Legends used 60% of my CPU and when I have say Edge open and League of legends it uses the full 100% and begins freezing, all of my...
  8. High CPU usage lately

in Windows 10 Support
    High CPU usage lately: Hi, Over the last few days I have noticed incredibly high CPU usage. Cortana was once using 40% of my CPU for a few minutes. League of Legends used 60% of my CPU and when I have say Edge open and League of legends it uses the full 100% and begins freezing, all of my...
  9. High end PC with FPS drops. High cpu temps in Speccy

High end PC with FPS drops. High cpu temps in Speccy: I have been dealing with fps drops while gaming for a month now, and I have tried everything to fix it. It's been driving me nuts, considering the hardware shouldn't be performing so badly. When I do a userbenchmark everything looks fine and dandy, but in game I experience...
  10. Very high CPU Temps

Very high CPU Temps: Hi I turned my PC on this morning as I do every morning but instead of behaving like it normally does the fans started spinning 100%. So I checked the temps in the BIOS and the CPU is running at 89c. I have cleaned off and reapplied the thermal paste. I used Arctic...