Windows 10: My PC Gets High CPU Load When Idling

Discus and support My PC Gets High CPU Load When Idling in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Sometimes when I use my PC, a process called "Microsoft Register Server" eats 30-40% of my CPU usage. I can hear the CPU fan's speed rise, and when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by netroswell, Jan 25, 2018.

1. My PC Gets High CPU Load When Idling

Sometimes when I use my PC, a process called "Microsoft Register Server" eats 30-40% of my CPU usage. I can hear the CPU fan's speed rise, and when I hear specific noise. Sometimes I caught my computer with high CPU load while idling. The time I shake my mouse, I can hear the fan slows down immediately. And by the time I accessed Task Manager, I spotted Microsoft Register Server only left with high CPU usage. I don't know what process takes my CPU usage in idle, but I'm sure Microsoft Register Server is one of them.

This is pretty depressing to me because I feel my computer is sneaky doing something I don't know. Is it Microsoft's telemetry? Or Malicious programs? I really don't know. I detected the Register Server problem few days ago, but I'm sure this is not the first time I find suspicious CPU activities by suspicious processes.

So, what seems to be the problem? I haven't done any modding in a while, and recent programs I installed are TeamSpeak Client, Overwolf, and Logitech Gaming Software.

Early thanks for everyone, I might not respond quick. Thanks!

Windows 10 1703 - Intel i5 3470

:)

netroswell, Jan 25, 2018
  2. S K 15 Win User

CPU over loading during idle on windows 10

Hi,

I am seeing CPU over loading (amd a8 6600k with high utilization ) during idle state and PC get reboot ,Hung .

this was not there when i was running windows 8.1.

Please advise , i have checked process logs everything looks normal.

S K 15, Jan 25, 2018
  3. Rory_TX Win User
    My Brand New Laptop is running hot on windows 10

I monitor my temps constantly. Win10 is running several degrees warming than Win 8 doing the same task (work PC). Nothing major, but definitely warmer. Win8 was low / mid 40s, Win10 is high 40s to low 50s. Even when CPU usage is low the temp is high.
    Might be an issue with temp being reported wrong.

Should not be at 50c when CPU is idle, doesn't make sense.

Rory_TX, Jan 25, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

My PC Gets High CPU Load When Idling

dalchina, Jan 25, 2018
  5. netroswell, Jan 25, 2018
  6. [UPDATE}
    Problem solved. I managed to uninstall Logitech Gaming Software, and disabled some suspicious tasks in Task Scheduler. I haven't seen any high CPU activities by Windows Register Server anymore. Sadly, I didn't try the solution @dalchina pointed. I straight removed Logitech Gaming Software and disabled scheduled tasks.

netroswell, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

My PC Gets High CPU Load When Idling

1. My PC Gets High CPU Load When Idling - Similar Threads - Gets High CPU

2. High CPU on idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU on idle: Hi i've a problem since some days.When i start my PC is everything ok, but after some minutes my CPU start working on 30-40% for no reason. I can't verify which program/service in causing this because when i open Task Manager the CPU load immediately drop to normal 1-2 %My...
  3. High CPU on idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU on idle: Hi i've a problem since some days.When i start my PC is everything ok, but after some minutes my CPU start working on 30-40% for no reason. I can't verify which program/service in causing this because when i open Task Manager the CPU load immediately drop to normal 1-2 %My...
  4. High CPU on idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PhoneExperienceHost.exe high CPU usage when pc idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PhoneExperienceHost.exe high CPU usage when pc idle: Hi,When I come back to my laptop and it's gone into idle mode screen off I can hear the fans running fast, but as soon as I move the mouse the fans die off. I tried to figure out for a while what was happening and eventually set up perfmon to record what processes were...
  6. PhoneExperienceHost.exe high CPU usage when pc idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PhoneExperienceHost.exe high CPU usage when pc idle: Hi,When I come back to my laptop and it's gone into idle mode screen off I can hear the fans running fast, but as soon as I move the mouse the fans die off. I tried to figure out for a while what was happening and eventually set up perfmon to record what processes were...
  7. High CPU load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU load: Whilst I was playing warzone I noticed my CPU was at 100%. I then went onto Fortnite to see if it was just warzone and my CPU was still at 100%. I then ran a Performance Monitor and It says that my CPU has a busy status and that its High CPU load. Does anyone know whats wrong...
  8. High CPU usage of System process when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage of System process when idle: The System process uses amost a whole thread of CPU after PC is idle for a few minutes, and stops using CPU as far as I do something such as moving mouse or pressing keyboards. I tried to see the CPU usage per thread of System process by using a process explorer running in...
  9. High cpu load.

in Windows 10 Customization
    High cpu load.: I've noticed that when I play games that the there is a program call window device audio graph isolation that takes up large percentages of my CPU. I've done some research and have found that it was related to the audio enhancements. My problem is that there is no way for me...
  10. High CPU Usage at Idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU Usage at Idle: Hey guys, recently my W10 PC seems to be using a fair bit of CPU. I noticed this because my Battlefield 1 fps appeared to have dropped. First thing I did was roll back my nvidia drivers to the previous version, but then I noticed my cpu usage. I seem to be using 35-45% cpu...