Windows 10: My PC keeps freezing intermittently. I could realy do with some help.

Discus and support My PC keeps freezing intermittently. I could realy do with some help. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, *Sad*SadPlease can someone help. My PC keeps intermittently pausing when I ask it to do something e.g. close a web page, when playing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fuel, Apr 20, 2016.

1. fuel Win User

My PC keeps freezing intermittently. I could realy do with some help.

Hi guys,

*Sad*SadPlease can someone help. My PC keeps intermittently pausing when I ask it to do something e.g. close a web page, when playing a game, changing tabs to a new web page etc,etc. It pauses sometimes but not always

I Have done a clean install of Windows 10 and updated bios and gforce driver etc but the problem still exists.

When I get the pause my mouse pointer and any sound is fine.

I hoped someone who is much at this than I could perhaps look at my error logs? Since the clean install earlier today there are lots of errors and warnings.

Not sure if I've attached the right logs lol....

Please can someone help I'm at the end of my tether.

Thanks you

Bob

:)

2. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607.

Hello ,

All i have done is let the update do what it is suppose to do ... update , nothing else .... but at 91 % or so of the second restart for update ... it freezes and keeps turning and turning for ages .... last time i left it for two days .... So i shut it
    down ... it comes back to the last version and .... the update comes back .... and redo the same thing hoping next time will be the one , but ...... Realy need my pc .... (my build -10586.873 - Version 1511 - Windows 10 pro ) . Is there a way to bypass or
    let this update die .... since i'm at the last build anyway ? I know what i say is not the thing to do but ....

thanks for your help .... realy appreciate it .

Pat Grondin, Apr 20, 2016
  3. windows 10

I keep seeng windows 10 icon 0n my Pc also it always at update but I never do that ,imm happy with windows 7. how could be remove that b.....t ?? its realy bothering me

ADHAMACHKAR, Apr 20, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

The IAStor.sys is the system file for the Intel Rapid Storage Technology for the SATA controller on the Motherboard.

Do you by chance have the latest version installed? That is well known for causing system hangs

lmaneke, Apr 20, 2016
  5. fuel Win User
    Hi lmaneke

I think I have the correct driver installed. I have done a shot of the driver I have. I have also uninstalled it and reinstalled from the gigabyte website it to see if it helped but my problem persists.

I have also captured the list of drivers I installed yesterday from gigabyte, though looking now I don't think I installed the drivers for v1.2 of the x97x MB but instead installed the drivers for v1.0. I have looked and all the version numbers for the drivers are the same whether for version 1.0 or v1.2 of the MB

Oops.

Also regarding the drivers for "sata raid/achi" preinstall sata driver...... I did not pre-install the driver (I didn't know I had to or how to) and there is no way of installing it now that I can see.

Obviously I've made mistakes. *Redface

I am more than happy to start from scratch as I only did a clean install yesterday to try and fix the problem so I'm still at square 1

What should I do?

Thanks

6. fuel Win User
    Not sure as this is relevent but I have looked at my bios and it has sata controller as "enabled and mode as "achi"

7. lmaneke Win User
    AHCI is set as default in the BIOS, so that is the correct setting.

When you did a clean install, did it freeze with none of the Gigabyte drivers installed?

lmaneke, Apr 20, 2016
  8. fuel Win User

lmaneke,

I have just gone to start a clean install but before I did I thought whats the most basic thing it could be.

So I swapped the sata cable to the SSD and voila. Still waiting for an error.

10 mins in to trying to load the pc.. videos playing, downloading etc etc all at the same time and nothing.

Cant't believe it.

Thank you so much for your time in replying to my problem, very kind.

Bob

9. lmaneke Win User
    A bad SATA cable can cause issues. Post back if any more issues.

You're welcome *Smile

lmaneke, Apr 20, 2016
  10. fuel Win User
    Thank you for your time, very kind. *Biggrin

Thema:

1. My PC keeps freezing intermittently. I could realy do with some help. - Similar Threads - keeps freezing intermittently

2. Could I get some help here?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could I get some help here?: So earlier today I went to go sign into my laptop - I wasn’t really paying attention, and I got the PIN wrong a few times, then it basically locked up my computer. The bad thing is - I don’t know my password - only my PIN. So I decided to wait out the two hours it said, but...
  3. my pc keeps freezing how do i fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc keeps freezing how do i fix: my pc was fine till i decided to try get rid of space on my acer drive then it started to freeze the freezing is very inconsistent but i cant make it through games especially rainbow six seige games ive reset my pc 3 times reinstalled windows which it actually froze as i was...
  4. my pc keeps freezing how do i fix

my pc keeps freezing how do i fix: my pc was fine till i decided to try get rid of space on my acer drive then it started to freeze the freezing is very inconsistent but i cant make it through games especially rainbow six seige games ive reset my pc 3 times reinstalled windows which it actually froze as i was...
  5. My PC Keeps freezing, Possibly RAM HELP!!

My PC Keeps freezing, Possibly RAM HELP!!: Hello, i need some help with finding this problem i have on my pc, In the last week i started having problems with my pc, My pc just Freezes out of no where, some times it happens more than once in a row, some times it doesnt happen its really random or at least i couldnt...
  6. My PC Keeps freezing, Possibly RAM HELP!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC Keeps freezing, Possibly RAM HELP!!: Hello, i need some help with finding this problem i have on my pc, In the last week i started having problems with my pc, My pc just Freezes out of no where, some times it happens more than once in a row, some times it doesnt happen its really random or at least i couldnt...
  7. PC Keeps Freezing Please Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Keeps Freezing Please Help: Hello, so for the past couple days, my PC will freeze around once a day for no reason. When I check event logs, no errors other than "The LMS service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified." as well as "The previous system...
  8. PC Keeps Freezing Please Help

PC Keeps Freezing Please Help: Hello, so for the past couple days, my PC will freeze around once a day for no reason. When I check event logs, no errors other than "The LMS service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified." as well as "The previous system...
  9. PC Keeps Freezing Please Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. If I could get some help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I could get some help: I changed motherboard recently and I am wondering if anyone has any advice as to if I could get it onto my pc from my old motherboard or if will have to purchase a new key? submitted by /u/Dr-Ludwig07 [link] [comments]...